Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4 Upcoming MMORPGs CONFIRMED To Be Releasing In 2018!

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited January 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Confirmed. ;)

Cecropia

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Never just post a video link,  many of us can't be bothered to watch videos.

AlBQuirkyConstantineMerusAelious[Deleted User]Azaron_NightbladeYashaXmgilbrtsncameltosisMarcus-Tsiya

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:

Yeah I never do. Every time someone does that it turns into a game of clue. I have to guess wtf happens in the video from the comments. 
    Sovrath
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited January 2018
    Quick recap for everyone that does not want to watch the Video.

Air
    Crowfall
    Soul Worker
    Bless

Edit: Sorry, fixed the links, they should all be working now.
    Post edited by Ungood on
    ConstantineMerus[Deleted User]YashaXmgilbrtsnKyleranAethaeryn
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    There was an interview with Min Kim, CEO of Kakao, and he doesn't expect A:IR to fully release until 2019. 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-01-03-for-kakao-games-can-be-a-gateway-to-the-international-market
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited January 2018
    For those that didn't/couldn't watch. All of them are beautiful, in their own way.

Ascent Infinite Realm aka AIR: Steampunk themed MMO. Developed by the Terra and PUBG people, western bastardization by the Black Desert Online folks.

Crowfall: "The problem with MMOs is eventually someone wins." They solve this with "Eternal Heroes (who won the game already), dieing worlds."

Soulworker Online: Next Anime, teen angsty MMO.

Bless Online: 2 Faction Fantasy MMO. Heavily story driven.

None hit me at all. Lots of PvP, realm vs Realm, Raids, and action, action, action combat.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I'm happier that 2018 is confirmed.

Way i figure it ,i already have all of 2018 planned.Nothing good until very late 2018,possibly FFXI mobile or Age of Empires 4.I figure both around Christmas releases.

So i'll likely still be puddling around in Hearthstone,maybe try the new MTG arena,about had enough of the over the top costs of mtg's though.I will still be playing my games i already own while waiting,nothing i see in everyday marketing ads looks at all good,everything looks half assed.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• texhnolyzetexhnolyze Member UncommonPosts: 39
    I'm looking forward Crowfall and Bless Online. It's been too long since they were announced for the first time.
    Wizardry said:

Way i figure it ,i already have all of 2018 planned.Nothing good until very late 2018,possibly FFXI mobile or Age of Empires 4.I figure both around Christmas releases.

So i'll likely still be puddling around in Hearthstone,maybe try the new MTG arena,about had enough of the over the top costs of mtg's though.I will still be playing my games i already own while waiting,nothing i see in everyday marketing ads looks at all good,everything looks half assed.
    You actually play games?

Who knew?

;)
    DakeruConstantineMerus[Deleted User]pantaro

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited January 2018
    Kyleran said:

No thanks, I am going to keep posting video links. 

The door always open and is in the same spot its always been. :)
    ConstantineMerus
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited January 2018
    I dont see any of those games Releasing in 2018 ....

Unless of course one considers some sort of ...

....Alpha3Beta1SoftlaunchFoundersFriendFuckyouWhileYouTestAreFuckedUpGameStage1...  an actual release..
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited January 2018
    Ungood said:

Air
    Crowfall
    Soul Worker
    Bless
    I'm a bit surprised that you got so many "insightful" for this post.
    Aside from the "Air" one those links are not even working for me.

*edit*
    Yeah a quick check and it looks like you forgot the : in the address so I guess people gave you a positive voting without even clicking the links.
    UngoodKyleran
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Crowfall was supposed to Soft Launch in 2017 so 2018 is to be expected. 
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Air
    Crowfall
    Soul Worker
    Bless

*edit*
    Yeah a quick check and it looks like you forgot the : in the address so I guess people gave you a positive voting without even clicking the links.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to make sure to not make that mistake in the future.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Air
    Crowfall
    Soul Worker
    Bless

*edit*
    I just wanted the list of games so that I can see if I have already heard of one or want to google one.  
    KyleranTsiya

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

edited January 2018
    Mikeha said:
    Kyleran said:

No thanks, I am going to keep posting video links. 

The door always open and is in the same spot its always been. :)
    I guess, but your thread was on the 2nd page and quickly sailing off into oblivion until I rescued it.

Next time I'll just let it sink.

;)
    AlBQuirky

edited January 2018
    Ungood said:

Air
    Crowfall
    Soul Worker
    Bless

Edit: Sorry, fixed the links, they should all be working now.
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Ungood said:

Air
    Crowfall
    Soul Worker
    Bless

*edit*
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to make sure to not make that mistake in the future.
    Besides,  I didn't actually want to read about them, just to know what the 4 were and you "insightfully" posted them.

They don't have a thank button.

The web links were just a bonus proving once again extra effort (gold plating in PM terms) is often unappreciated.

;)
    Lokero

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Desperate.

I get that people want stuff to be their 'main' game but if you've been constantly looking for one for years, you should be old enough to see things in a realistic manner and be able to wait for the product, not just words of a product being otw, otherwise you get situations like Revelation Online and Dark and Light. Just let the games come out if they do and save yourself 'excitement' that most wont even live up to upon release.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Mikeha said:
    Crowfall was supposed to Soft Launch in 2017 so 2018 is to be expected. 
    Crowfall was supposed to launch in 2016, then soft launch in 2016 to launch in 2017 to soft launch in 2017 but here we are in 2018 and its still in pre-alpha. If the game is in beta at start of the year you could expect a launch before the year is over, if its in pre-alpha you are lucky if it hits beta the same year.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Kyleran said:
    Wizardry said:

You actually play games?

Who knew?

;)
    remember this day people! the day that @Kyleran won the internet!!!
    Kyleran