Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is way better!

daveospicedaveospice Member UncommonPosts: 361
So I left many years ago, before Affliction was wiped - played on a pvp server, and came back to try the pve servers.  

So it appears a few years ago Rolf the original creator left and hired people to do the programming/updates and these guys are 10x better than rolf ever was!  The cooking update is absolutely fantastic, and the amount of content they've implemented since I've been gone is amazing (they implemented bridges finally!). 

It is clear that Rolf was stagnating the game and I recommend everyone give the game a shot!  I play on Exodus, under the name jonsnow.  Otherwise, you can also try Wurm Unlimited.

Totally willing to give people tips/help just msg me.

Comments

• ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Haven't tried this game yet. Seemed interesting though.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited January 2018
    So I left many years ago, before Affliction was wiped - played on a pvp server, and came back to try the pve servers.  

So it appears a few years ago Rolf the original creator left and hired people to do the programming/updates and these guys are 10x better than rolf ever was!  The cooking update is absolutely fantastic, and the amount of content they've implemented since I've been gone is amazing (they implemented bridges finally!). 

It is clear that Rolf was stagnating the game and I recommend everyone give the game a shot!  I play on Exodus, under the name jonsnow.  Otherwise, you can also try Wurm Unlimited.

Totally willing to give people tips/help just msg me.
    actually that isnt remotely clear and I dont think he ever left.

if you take his work progress over the years and multiplied the output by 3 then its still about the same actually. 
    faster development? yeah of course that is the whole point of hiring more people
    besides....'leaving' and 'hiring' is a bit hard to do both

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    On paper this game checks all the boxes.......
    On PC, I couldn't log out fast enough......at least going back a few years.

Maybe I'll kick the tires again.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    On paper this game checks all the boxes.......
    On PC, I couldn't log out fast enough......at least going back a few years.

Maybe I'll kick the tires again.
    it hasnt changed that much to be honest. yeah cooking is better, yeah you can make homes in caves now but overall if you didnt like the game 3 years ago its highly unlikely you would like it now.
    conceptually (on paper) however Life is Feudal is a good option

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me