Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When developers say the game is in BETA, but still have a working subscription / cash shop?

124»

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,560
    Well, it seems Life is Feudal: MMO has it's hands full with uber damage control on Discord. The new craze is the infestation of gold farmers and the fact they are in utter denial of it, despite a gold selling site is already actively selling gold, horses, gear and what have you. Not to mention the NA server is in an uproar over the amount of resources being stripped from the world in order to fund said actions.

RIP

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, it seems Life is Feudal: MMO has it's hands full with uber damage control on Discord. The new craze is the infestation of gold farmers and the fact they are in utter denial of it, despite a gold selling site is already actively selling gold, horses, gear and what have you. Not to mention the NA server is in an uproar over the amount of resources being stripped from the world in order to fund said actions.

RIP
    RIP because of gold sellers?

who else has gold sellers?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,281
    SEANMCAD said:
    Rhoklaw said:

RIP

I believe the design is such that resources are limited so if farmers mine them all out it would be a reasonable concern.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Rhoklaw said:

RIP

I believe the design is such that resources are limited so if farmers mine them all out it would be a reasonable concern.

so gold sellers itself is fine, it because of limited resources on the map that take how long to depleat again?

SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

the outrage is that there is a subscription in 'beta' and a active cash shop in 'beta'

hmmmm sound familiar to anyone other than me?
    No, if you go back to the OP you'll find the actual complaint is they are taking money via cash shop sales and subscriptions while in "beta" and are struggling to provide a proper level of service.

They have stated they will offer no compensation for the service issues as they are in beta.

I've been unable to confirm if true, what I've found is if you purchased the YO version or one of the starter packs you have access to the current beta. I cannot verify if they've started the clock on the premium sub time included in most packages. 

If they are just letting people play with out burning the premium clock I see no problem with their policy, even if they are selling items in a cash shop.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

the outrage is that there is a subscription in 'beta' and a active cash shop in 'beta'

No, if you go back to the OP you'll find the actual complaint is they are taking money via cash shop sales and subscriptions while in "beta" and are struggling to provide a proper level of service.

They have stated they will offer no compensation for the service issues as they are in beta.

I've been unable to confirm if true, what I've found is if you purchased the YO version or one of the starter packs you have access to the current beta. I cannot verify if they've started the clock on the premium sub time included in most packages. 

If they are just letting people play with out burning the premium clock I see no problem with their policy, even if they are selling items in a cash shop.
    yes that is the idea of beta.
    what is the point of having beta if you have no issues and excellent service as a standard expectation, that would be silly.

anyway...I was responding to someone regarding an outrage about gold selling as a side note

Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

To gain access to the "MMO Beta" you must purchase LiF: YO and then you can download the MMO version to play on. They offer subscriptions and items on the cash shop, some are in a package and yes, the subscription starts from the time of your purchase.

Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

To gain access to the "MMO Beta" you must purchase LiF: YO and then you can download the MMO version to play on. They offer subscriptions and items on the cash shop, some are in a package and yes, the subscription starts from the time of your purchase.
    and the outrage is what exactly?

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    SEANMCAD said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

And your point is what exactly?

Who pissed in your cereal that you been arguing with anyone who will respond in every post?

Sends Sean a digital cookie. Hope you feel better soon.
    SEANMCAD said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

If this team is burning peoples sub time during beta that would be a first I think.

All game companies  I know of hold off on starting the sub/premium clock until the game is formally launched.

Regardless, once they start drawing down on that time they are basically committed to providing a reasonable level of service for said fees.

Even AAA companies can't always meet "four-nine" reliability, and historically they have offered compensation if downtime or performance issues amounted to more than a day.

This team appears to be blazing yet new ground by trying to throw up a "beta" shield to avoid paying compensation (which normally means free extra days, not actual cash.)

If everything stated is true, I'd recommend punitive charge backs, something I've never suggested before.  

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,120
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

If this team is burning peoples sub time during beta that would be a first I think.

All game companies  I know of hold off on starting the sub/premium clock until the game is formally launched.

Regardless, once they start drawing down on that time they are basically committed to providing a reasonable level of service for said fees.

Even AAA companies can't always meet "four-nine" reliability, and historically they have offered compensation if downtime or performance issues amounted to more than a day.

This team appears to be blazing yet new ground by trying to throw up a "beta" shield to avoid paying compensation (which normally means free extra days, not actual cash.)

If everything stated is true, I'd recommend punitive charge backs, something I've never suggested before.  
    Nope.  Pathfinder Online did it in Alpha

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Poor Bitbox, they just want to make a good and entertaining sandbox survival medieval warfare game and stuff just keeps delaying their progress.

So, apparently a guild hacked the server database, altered the files on a certain guilds claim monument to remove the guilds only defense and then promptly assaulted them. Nothing like making it obvious who did the hacking, lol.

In the meantime, the rest of us get to stare at this...

LIF.png 221.6K

edited January 2018
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    lets review....

you think its the first time a company has charged a subscription while a game is in beta?

dont you think assuring a high level of reliability and service during BETA to be a little absurd? what would the point of beta be then?

Why is it ok to charge a person for a game while it is still being worked on but its NOT ok to charge them for a subscription while its in beta?

Would it be ok to charge a person for a game while it is still being worked on AND the game was to be F2P at release? why is that ok but subs are not?

edited January 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    Poor Bitbox, they just want to make a good and entertaining sandbox survival medieval warfare game and stuff just keeps delaying their progress.

So, apparently a guild hacked the server database, altered the files on a certain guilds claim monument to remove the guilds only defense and then promptly assaulted them. Nothing like making it obvious who did the hacking, lol.

In the meantime, the rest of us get to stare at this...

ummm your kinda late to the party. I have played Life is Feudal Your Own and yeah...its done...it works, its complete...its not a problem....what you are you going on about 'trying to make' its already been made, its done, people have already been building towns, you can see them on youtube. what the F guys?

also I dont want to sound like a special snowflake crybaby but when are we going to stop putting the responsibility on the victim and not the person who is actually doing the hacking?