Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mistel Barocco MD600 Split RGB Keyboard - Our Most Interesting Keyboard Yet - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMistel Barocco MD600 Split RGB Keyboard - Our Most Interesting Keyboard Yet - MMORPG.com

The Mistel Barocco MD600 RGB might just be the most interesting keyboard we’ve seen. Not only is it well-made and supremely programmable, but it also features an ergonomic split allowing you to position it more comfortably than any standard keyboard. For gaming, it’s more capable than most “gaming” boards out there, but is it enough to make you split with your hard-earned cash? This is our review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Will make it easier to get crumbs out of.... Beyond that it looks gimmicky
    zigalucardSBFordCyber_wastelandNyghthowlerVrikaPhryLucienRene

This have been a good conversation

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    No function keys. No thanks.
    SBFordCyber_wastelandNyghthowlerPhry
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    keyboard rage proof (comes already broken)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]KumaponcheyaneSBFordPhryLucienRene
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793
    Definitely not gimmicky. It's unusual to see but follows the same principle of other ergonomic keyboards. Being able to space your hands out more is nice, it just takes some getting used to.
    [Deleted User]Corileanna
    People like to bash on hardware and game furniture for fun here, but thanks for sharing. Everyone tends to think they are using the best of whatever is out there for them. I'm sure someone out there is looking for a keyboard that does this though.
    [Deleted User]Corileanna
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Xodic said:
    DMKano said:

Xodic said:

Gamers....

When you search for this Keyboard on Amazon it says that you may also be interested in:

Gaming socks.
    Image result for LED socks

And
    Gaming underwear.
    Image result for LED underwear

Amazon's suggestions are based on user preference.

So when I searched for this - all I got was keyboards - no light up socks, no light up underwear.
    LOL, damn. Someone must have been using my laptop...
    You sure it wasn't from your wishlist? lmao
    [Deleted User]SBFord
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I have several keyboards that already look like that........Something to do with PUG groups I think

Tiller[Deleted User]cheyaneSBFord
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    This keyboard was always going to divide opinion......
    SBFord[Deleted User]Phry
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited December 2017
    This is actually a fantastic keyboard. There are many users out there who prefer a split, and when doing such, never had the option to experience the mechanic keys etc that come with most standard gaming keyboards.

I like the fact that it's super small. I never liked the num pad. Too big and bulky for those who never use them. Biggest complaint is the lack of Function keys.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I may be a purist when it comes to keyboards, but how do companies get away with calling a product 'ergonomic' when they use the 'QWERTY' layout?  That was intentionally designed to prevent typing speed with manual typewriters in the 1800s.  That seems to be counter to standard definitions of 'ergonomic'.  I'd love a better key layout, or would have when I was 30.  I'm too old now to bother with learning another layout.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Overpriced, generic hardware that is cut in half. Better to just invest in a regular one handed gaming keypad and hold onto a tenkeyless. You will get more for less.
  • metarealmetareal Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Love 60% mech keyboards. I have the Qsian Magicforce (40$ - 70$ depending models on Amazon, no split though) and use Autohotkey soft. for macros and remapping. I'm much more efficient on a 60% keyboard as my hands don't need to travel (excellent if you already type with your 10 fingers).
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    i use a microsoft 'natural' ergonomic keyboard 4000, its my second one tbh as alas it is not child proof and while being able to clean out the crumbs from a keyboard is useful, there are unfortunately much larger objects that are far more damaging to a keyboard, particularly in the hands of a 3 year old. I'll stick with this one however as i suspect that a keyboard that 'seperates' is while more expensive, far less durable and likely to suffer from 'missing' presumed toyboxed incidents. :p
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    No keypad and no function keys, would never get a keyboard without them.