Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods of Mars Revealed as the Name of the Spring 2018 DLC - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageGods of Mars Revealed as the Name of the Spring 2018 DLC - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 will be receiving a second major DLC in the coming months, but until now, we did not know the name. Called "Gods of Mars", the information leaked via the PlayStation Store earlier this year, though it was quickly buried, with the target release said to be "spring 2018". As the name reminds us, the action will be taking place on Mars, something that has been hinted at in game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Iv never seen a game that seems to put out DLC as fast as Destiny does, Its almost as if they sold a incomplete game in order to make more money in the form of DLC......
    ThupliJoseph_KerrCryolitycalOctagon7711catofmanyTacticalZombeh
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm guessing the "And more..." part is hiding the increased level cap where they'll try to gate old content again.
    Joseph_KerrTacticalZombeh
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

thunderC said:

Iv never seen a game that seems to put out DLC as fast as Destiny does, Its almost as if they sold a incomplete game in order to make more money in the form of DLC......

No as if that’s the way it is and it was for Destiny 1 but 90% of people bought 99$ at release which includes everything that comes later.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]catofmany
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited December 2017
    and that is what you get for playstation exclusives :) and yes, it actually was exactly the same for d1, it worked before, why change it
    catofmany

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Wonder what other new monetizing fiasco this dlc will bring from our "friends" at Bungie...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    The irony is if they were less greedy the game would be even more popular and they'd make even more money. They are their worst enemy in this case.
    Joseph_KerrjgDuffayJeffSpicoliThupliTacticalZombeh

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Leguma11Leguma11 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    So in about 6 DLC's - 120$ - You guys will get like what 12h of new (mediocre) gameplay :)) ..... Kewl ! Go get them DLCS bois ! :)

JeffSpicoliDeadSpockThuplijgDuffayCryolitycal
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I will (probably) play this as it's included in my season pass thing. However. This might well be the very last thing I buy from Bungie. I can tolerate some desperate monetization tactics like the Eververse. I can deal with some content droughts. I don't mind farming the same raid for months - hell, I come from WoW. I farmed HFC Mythic for a damn year.
    What I don't put up with is a game that gives the same gear and power to somebody strolling around doing public events and somebody that does Prestige raids and Nightfalls. I am not bothering with crap if it's an aura that I lose as the week ends - give me something powerful that allows me to stand out or just don't.
    Because of how dumb the game limits are and achievable by basically anyone that logs once/week to do some chores, the game feels like it has nothing to offer long-term.
    jgDuffaybeebop500
  • corvascorvas Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited December 2017
    Guess MMORPG.COM doesnt check the info for fake news, good story tho, but this "Leaked" image is fake.
    check this video also from Unknown Player he explains why its a fake