Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your most hated feature or paradigm in an MMO?

1235»

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    • cash shop
    • RNG
    • overpopulated AFK activities
    • bots
    • garbled gold seller chat spam
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Edge of zone is a 1 foot tall hill or something like that and you can't climb over, jump over or get past in any way.  
    AlBQuirky

• 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Edge of zone is a 1 foot tall hill or something like that and you can't climb over, jump over or get past in any way.  
    Zones having hard edges.
    AlBQuirky
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    PVP and especially FFA PVP.
    This is what I hate too unless you can play the game without engaging in PvP.
    Blaze_Rocker[Deleted User]AlBQuirky
    Chamber of Chains
  • dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    It said "most hated" so I only put one thing in the first post I made in this thread .... but feel the need to add second & third.  :p

(mandatory) Pets.  By "mandatory," I mean you have to use it.  Or you can chose to not have a pet but you'll get your ass kicked by mobs at your level without a pet to help.

Crafting

This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Bad prototype is being forced to game in my game.  Unless it's a slot machine or Gwent cards which make sense by copying irl behavior.

I hate that we are not taking this technology to make 3dfancy simulations so I can conquest fascinating fantasy worlds.  I do not want to play a game.  I want to explore a realm, view it's art, and build a fantasy (ie elven) housing community. 

When a game has me questing and I don't realize I am questing that's perfection. 

I want a world that is believable.  Within reason.  I do not demand that my house windows match up exactly on the inside/outside.  That level of realism is not necessary.  But I would like an elf char that ran faster than the human races and did flips and spins when the human chars could not.  

Advance char customization is great but extend it to the males not just fem chars.  I will not play BDO because the male chars are so farkly looking.

I hate dungeon parties.   It is a place people bitch and argue that everyone is not doing it right and you all did not stop to pick up my quests or memorize boss moves or have the perfect build or speed run etc.  How is this even remotely fun?  And fuck the trinity - LONG LIVE THE RAID!  May your stoic trinity burn in hell.

PARTY KICKING is the most vicious game dynamic I have witnessed.  If I could have mmo's remove one thing only it would be the ability to party-kick-vote.  I would replace it with a reputation system so people could not be removed from a party unless they had 100 criminal marks against them.   And then only the party leader would be allowed to kick.  Vote-kicking does not work for it's original intended purpose which was to remove afk riders.  Players feel pressured to obey a vote in fear they themselves will anger the rest of the party and loose their position.  It is one of the biggest bullying tactics I have ever seen.  First the other voters are bullied into agreeing to the kick.  Then the kicked person, who is being trolled never tossed for a legit reason, is bullied.  Try to go against the vote-kick system and you'll get some farttard saying, "Oooo looks like someone's salty because they were kicked."  After troll and illiterate cry-baby responses to the topic you cannot get anyone to take you seriously about how bad a dynamic vote-kicking is.

I have seen an improvement in game devs paying attention to what the players want.  But it could still use some work.  I don't mind a dev team sticking by their original design plan.  But you also cannot let your community feel like they are unheard/unseen/money-making-machines.

• MadatanMadatan Member UncommonPosts: 182
    One type of weapon per class games. Hate it.
    BLNXUngoodKyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Jem Crystal i have been on the KICK end and unjustified and no it is something that needs to be there but perhaps done in a better fashion.
    I entered an OPEN public server but because a few friends wanted to hijack the server to themselves,they booted everyone not a friend using the kick vote.So when you have say 4 people and every time a new person enters,those 4 all vote kick and nobody gets in on the open public server.

Dungeon parties,that is debatable,i personally don't like the idea of so many dungeons in games,it is just a really cheap way to deliver content,similar to instances and sadly often these games dungeons are instances.

I can never have just one real peeve because i put linear XP questing along with the giant yellow marker over npc heads right together and both need to go.Hand holding is also tied into it because those lame quests often auto mark on a map where to go,sometimes arrows or lights showing where and hand holding mechanics in general is non immersive and FAKE.

It really tells me that the industry is full of producers /developers that do not think at all about what they are making.Instead they see a couple design templates and everyone just keeps copying them.I see all the job listings want producers/employees having loads of experience,well i don't want more of the same old trashy games,i want some NEW BLOOD producing a game properly and not another Wow/EQ clone or Diablo clone or LOL clone or PUBG clone.
    Blaze_Rocker

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    For me it is a toss up between useless crafting or no gear diversity in which everyone looks the same. What are your most hated features or paradigms?

Cryomatrix
    Any feature that incentivizes pussies to come to forums to make posts like these.

Funny :). Also, it is interesting to see what other things people also dislike, things that don't bother me but bother other people. 

Also, I feel bad for you for whatever miserable crap in your life incentivised you to make a post like that.

Cryomatrix

Kyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Wizardry said:

It really tells me that the industry is full of producers /developers that do not think at all about what they are making.
    Are you unaware that there are designers and developers who do plenty of thinking but who really like stuff that you hate, like giving the player an experience where they are well guided and oriented by things like visually signalling who has a quest of an appropriate type to give that player, and where the particular monsters are which are needed for a particular quest?
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Static enemies. I like broad wandering roams on my patrols, specific and scripted environments, and very varied speeds. 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Cash Shop, the Whole Pay 2 Enjoy, or Pay 2 Win aspects, which can include cosmetic customizations behind a paywall, only game that does this fairly and decently is Black Desert?

Guild Wars 2 is one of those you gotta keep paying to edit/change appearance same with many other games time for all that to go.