Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Wins Prestigious "Worst MMO Business Model Of 2017" Award

2456714

Comments

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:

    A personal interpretation of yours. 

    It has never changed since Kickstarter. If it has, please point out the relevant links to official statements.  I think i have a somewhat good understanding of official announcements and cannot remember when Star Citizen has officially been named an MMO.

    As i know you (and I) also have an interest in Elite:Dangerous ... i would also not call E:D an MMO. There is nothing massively about E:D.  By its very design principle of peer-to-peer that limits the instance size. SC has the potential to one day become a massively multiplayer game, more so than E:D unless E:D has a monumental change in its underlying structure. But at the moment SC is not there yet.


    Why do you say it is a personal interpretation? I think rpmcmurphy is right and most people would say hundreds of people in an instance would fall into the MMO category. Why does it not for you?

    It has changed since the kickstarter. CIG originally wanted 100 people per instance but now they want a meshed server setup with 10x, if not 100x more players per instance. That is a pretty big change and would certainly qualify it as a MMO in the eyes of most people.

    Elite has nothing to do with whether Star Citizen's mesh server goals make it an MMO, why even bring it into the discussion? You appear to be saying that because Star Citizen is not an MMO right at this precise moment that it cannot qualify for this award despite the fact that they are planning to make it an MMO by the time it is available to a wider audience.

    Lots of MMOs do testing in a limited area, does that mean they cannot be MMOs as well?
    >>>> hundreds of people in an instance would fall into the MMO category. >>>

    >>>  Why does it not for you? >>>>

    Hundreds of people in an instance would fall into the MMO category. I totally agree.

    Star Citizen is not there yet. That is a quantifiable verifiable fact.

    It is an instanced multiplayer and always was. Far from Massively. Therefore not an MMO. It is even written in the FAQ.

    Please understand ... i would LOVE to see SC being a true MMO. With fully scaleable instances with hundreds, even thousands of people.

    But at the moment .. it is not an MMO.


    Yes, i am saying because Star Citizen is not an MMO at the moment it should not be in an MMO voting category. If it is an MMO by the time it launches - which would be a thing i like - they can call it an MMO as much as they want and have votes over it.


    Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,168
    edited December 2017

    I guess the 600K who voted the other way (with their wallets) must be wrong... ;)
    Not really SC related, but I wonder whether the current state of gaming industry could have been different if our dear wallet voters werent such trigger happy idiots willing to throw money at every piece of shiny garbage.

    But who am I to tell people how to spend their money  :*
    Post edited by Xarko on
    MightyUnclean
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    "It's not an mmo": 8k+ posts later in a forum of a site dedicated to mmos talking about an article in a site dedicated to mmos :D

    This website has gone beyond MMOs about a decade ago.

    Welcome to NOW.


    Have fun
    How about MOP then?
    Everyone, including writers whose job it is to right about these games, think it's an MMO.
    Guess they're all wrong right? :)

    ..Cake..

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    "It's not an mmo": 8k+ posts later in a forum of a site dedicated to mmos talking about an article in a site dedicated to mmos :D

    This website has gone beyond MMOs about a decade ago.

    Welcome to NOW.


    Have fun
    How about MOP then?
    Everyone, including writers whose job it is to right about these games, think it's an MMO.
    Guess they're all wrong right? :)
    "Everyone" is your personal interpretation and not a "universal truth".

    I am sure everyone has a "right" to WRITE about these games ;-)

    Which "MOP" do you mean ?

    AcronymDefinition
    MOPModern Organic Products (hair/skin care company)
    MOPMacau Pataca (ISO currency code)
    MOPMother of Pearl
    MOPMeasure(s) Of Performance
    MOPMinistry of Planning (various countries)
    MOPMinisterio de Obras Publicas (Public Works Ministry, Chile)
    MOPMilitary Operations
    MOPMeta Object Protocol
    MOPMaster of Puppets (Metallica)
    MOPMeans of Production
    MOPMuriate of Potash
    MOPMost Outstanding Player
    MOPManual of Procedures
    MOPMaintenance Operation Protocol
    MOPMember of the Public
    MOPMethod of Payment
    MOPMinistry of Power (India)
    MOPMaximum Offering Price (mutual funds)
    MOPMeans of Protection
    MOPMaximum Operating Pressure
    MOPMethod of Procedure
    MOPMarine Option Program
    MOPMothers Of Preschoolers
    MOPMash Out Posse (band)
    MOPMy Own Prison (Creed album)
    MOPMissionaries of the Poor (religious order)
    MOPMeter Operator (UK utility meters)
    MOPMovement of Personnel (United Nations)
    MOPMortgage Origination Program
    MOPMt. Pleasant, Michigan (Airport Code)
    MOPMemorandum Of Policy
    MOPminimum operating pool
    MOPMinistry of Peace (internet information organization)
    MOPMichigan Organizing Project
    MOPMinistry of Peace (George Orwell, "1984")
    MOPMaximum Out-of-Pocket
    MoPManual of the Planes (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
    MOPMicrowave Observing Project
    MOPMultiple Original Prints
    MOPManner Of Performance
    MOPMission Operations Plan
    MOPMemory Organization Packet
    MOPMarge Opérationnelle (French accounting)
    MOPMath Olympiad Program
    MOPMaximum Overcurrent Protection
    MOPMotor Operated Potentiometer
    MOPMagnetic Orange Pipe
    MoPModern Persian (linguistics)
    MOPMethod Of Purchase
    MOPMean of Platts
    MOPMissouri Pacific Railroad Company
    MOPMinimum Output Power
    MOPMemorandum Of Procedures
    MOPMouvement pour l'Organisation du Pays (French: Movement for the Organization of the Country, Haiti)
    MOPMu Online Philippines (gaming)
    MOPManagement Oversight Panel
    MOPMetal-Organic Polyhedra
    MOPMillionaires on Paper
    MOPMobility Operating Procedure
    MOPMonthly Observing Plan
    MOPMonthly Obligation Plan
    MOPMaintenance Operations Program
    MOPMessage Output Processing
    MOPMaître Ouvrier Principal (French: Senior Master Craftsman)
    MOPMaximum Oil Pressure
    MOPMinute of Program (broadcasting)
    MOPMeteorological Operational Programme
    MOPMission Optimization Program
    MOPManagement Oriented Process (quality management)
    MOPMultiple Output Program (NASA)
    MOPModulation on the Pulse
    MOPMaintenance Outline Procedure
    MOPMaritime Operations Plot
    MOPMaintenance Operational Procedures
    MOPMere Oblivion Productions
    MOPManagement Oriented Perspective
    MOPModification of Procedure
    MOPManufacturing Operations Oriented Plant
    MOPMission Outreach Program
    MOPMeter Options Pack (UK water industry)
    MOPMenu of Problems
    MOPMonthly Operating Plan
    MOPManagement Oversight Practice(s)
    MOPMothers of Prodigals
    MOPManila Ocean Park (theme park; Philippines)
    MoPMember of Parliament (also seen as MP)
    MOPMonth of Photography (various locations)
    MOPManager of Projects
    MOPMassive Ordnance Penetrator (US DoD munition)
    MOPMeeting of the Parties (UN Framework Convention on Climate Change)
    MOPMultiple Offender Program (intoxicated driving)
    MOPMethod of Preservation
    MoPMists of Pandaria (World of Warcraft expansion)

    The only MOP with an relationship to multiplayer games is "Mists of Pandaria".


    Have fun

    rpmcmurphykikoodutroa8MrMelGibson
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,497
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    "It's not an mmo": 8k+ posts later in a forum of a site dedicated to mmos talking about an article in a site dedicated to mmos :D

    This website has gone beyond MMOs about a decade ago.

    Welcome to NOW.


    Have fun
    How about MOP then?
    Everyone, including writers whose job it is to right about these games, think it's an MMO.
    Guess they're all wrong right? :)
    "Everyone" is your personal interpretation and not a "universal truth".

    I am sure everyone has a "right" to WRITE about these games ;-)

    Which "MOP" do you mean ?

    AcronymDefinition
    MOPModern Organic Products (hair/skin care company)
    MOPMacau Pataca (ISO currency code)
    MOPMother of Pearl
    MOPMeasure(s) Of Performance
    MOPMinistry of Planning (various countries)
    MOPMinisterio de Obras Publicas (Public Works Ministry, Chile)
    MOPMilitary Operations
    MOPMeta Object Protocol
    MOPMaster of Puppets (Metallica)
    MOPMeans of Production
    MOPMuriate of Potash
    MOPMost Outstanding Player
    MOPManual of Procedures
    MOPMaintenance Operation Protocol
    MOPMember of the Public
    MOPMethod of Payment
    MOPMinistry of Power (India)
    MOPMaximum Offering Price (mutual funds)
    MOPMeans of Protection
    MOPMaximum Operating Pressure
    MOPMethod of Procedure
    MOPMarine Option Program
    MOPMothers Of Preschoolers
    MOPMash Out Posse (band)
    MOPMy Own Prison (Creed album)
    MOPMissionaries of the Poor (religious order)
    MOPMeter Operator (UK utility meters)
    MOPMovement of Personnel (United Nations)
    MOPMortgage Origination Program
    MOPMt. Pleasant, Michigan (Airport Code)
    MOPMemorandum Of Policy
    MOPminimum operating pool
    MOPMinistry of Peace (internet information organization)
    MOPMichigan Organizing Project
    MOPMinistry of Peace (George Orwell, "1984")
    MOPMaximum Out-of-Pocket
    MoPManual of the Planes (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
    MOPMicrowave Observing Project
    MOPMultiple Original Prints
    MOPManner Of Performance
    MOPMission Operations Plan
    MOPMemory Organization Packet
    MOPMarge Opérationnelle (French accounting)
    MOPMath Olympiad Program
    MOPMaximum Overcurrent Protection
    MOPMotor Operated Potentiometer
    MOPMagnetic Orange Pipe
    MoPModern Persian (linguistics)
    MOPMethod Of Purchase
    MOPMean of Platts
    MOPMissouri Pacific Railroad Company
    MOPMinimum Output Power
    MOPMemorandum Of Procedures
    MOPMouvement pour l'Organisation du Pays (French: Movement for the Organization of the Country, Haiti)
    MOPMu Online Philippines (gaming)
    MOPManagement Oversight Panel
    MOPMetal-Organic Polyhedra
    MOPMillionaires on Paper
    MOPMobility Operating Procedure
    MOPMonthly Observing Plan
    MOPMonthly Obligation Plan
    MOPMaintenance Operations Program
    MOPMessage Output Processing
    MOPMaître Ouvrier Principal (French: Senior Master Craftsman)
    MOPMaximum Oil Pressure
    MOPMinute of Program (broadcasting)
    MOPMeteorological Operational Programme
    MOPMission Optimization Program
    MOPManagement Oriented Process (quality management)
    MOPMultiple Output Program (NASA)
    MOPModulation on the Pulse
    MOPMaintenance Outline Procedure
    MOPMaritime Operations Plot
    MOPMaintenance Operational Procedures
    MOPMere Oblivion Productions
    MOPManagement Oriented Perspective
    MOPModification of Procedure
    MOPManufacturing Operations Oriented Plant
    MOPMission Outreach Program
    MOPMeter Options Pack (UK water industry)
    MOPMenu of Problems
    MOPMonthly Operating Plan
    MOPManagement Oversight Practice(s)
    MOPMothers of Prodigals
    MOPManila Ocean Park (theme park; Philippines)
    MoPMember of Parliament (also seen as MP)
    MOPMonth of Photography (various locations)
    MOPManager of Projects
    MOPMassive Ordnance Penetrator (US DoD munition)
    MOPMeeting of the Parties (UN Framework Convention on Climate Change)
    MOPMultiple Offender Program (intoxicated driving)
    MOPMethod of Preservation
    MoPMists of Pandaria (World of Warcraft expansion)

    The only MOP with an relationship to multiplayer games is "Mists of Pandaria".


    Have fun


    Ok Erillion just so you know, this attempt at trolling is really crap.


    NildenMrMelGibson
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    Erillion said:
    sgel said:
    "It's not an mmo": 8k+ posts later in a forum of a site dedicated to mmos talking about an article in a site dedicated to mmos :D

    This website has gone beyond MMOs about a decade ago.

    Welcome to NOW.


    Have fun
    How about MOP then?
    Everyone, including writers whose job it is to right about these games, think it's an MMO.
    Guess they're all wrong right? :)
    "Everyone" is your personal interpretation and not a "universal truth".

    I am sure everyone has a "right" to WRITE about these games ;-)

    Which "MOP" do you mean ?

    AcronymDefinition
    MOPModern Organic Products (hair/skin care company)
    MOPMacau Pataca (ISO currency code)
    MOPMother of Pearl
    MOPMeasure(s) Of Performance
    MOPMinistry of Planning (various countries)
    MOPMinisterio de Obras Publicas (Public Works Ministry, Chile)
    MOPMilitary Operations
    MOPMeta Object Protocol
    MOPMaster of Puppets (Metallica)
    MOPMeans of Production
    MOPMuriate of Potash
    MOPMost Outstanding Player
    MOPManual of Procedures
    MOPMaintenance Operation Protocol
    MOPMember of the Public
    MOPMethod of Payment
    MOPMinistry of Power (India)
    MOPMaximum Offering Price (mutual funds)
    MOPMeans of Protection
    MOPMaximum Operating Pressure
    MOPMethod of Procedure
    MOPMarine Option Program
    MOPMothers Of Preschoolers
    MOPMash Out Posse (band)
    MOPMy Own Prison (Creed album)
    MOPMissionaries of the Poor (religious order)
    MOPMeter Operator (UK utility meters)
    MOPMovement of Personnel (United Nations)
    MOPMortgage Origination Program
    MOPMt. Pleasant, Michigan (Airport Code)
    MOPMemorandum Of Policy
    MOPminimum operating pool
    MOPMinistry of Peace (internet information organization)
    MOPMichigan Organizing Project
    MOPMinistry of Peace (George Orwell, "1984")
    MOPMaximum Out-of-Pocket
    MoPManual of the Planes (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
    MOPMicrowave Observing Project
    MOPMultiple Original Prints
    MOPManner Of Performance
    MOPMission Operations Plan
    MOPMemory Organization Packet
    MOPMarge Opérationnelle (French accounting)
    MOPMath Olympiad Program
    MOPMaximum Overcurrent Protection
    MOPMotor Operated Potentiometer
    MOPMagnetic Orange Pipe
    MoPModern Persian (linguistics)
    MOPMethod Of Purchase
    MOPMean of Platts
    MOPMissouri Pacific Railroad Company
    MOPMinimum Output Power
    MOPMemorandum Of Procedures
    MOPMouvement pour l'Organisation du Pays (French: Movement for the Organization of the Country, Haiti)
    MOPMu Online Philippines (gaming)
    MOPManagement Oversight Panel
    MOPMetal-Organic Polyhedra
    MOPMillionaires on Paper
    MOPMobility Operating Procedure
    MOPMonthly Observing Plan
    MOPMonthly Obligation Plan
    MOPMaintenance Operations Program
    MOPMessage Output Processing
    MOPMaître Ouvrier Principal (French: Senior Master Craftsman)
    MOPMaximum Oil Pressure
    MOPMinute of Program (broadcasting)
    MOPMeteorological Operational Programme
    MOPMission Optimization Program
    MOPManagement Oriented Process (quality management)
    MOPMultiple Output Program (NASA)
    MOPModulation on the Pulse
    MOPMaintenance Outline Procedure
    MOPMaritime Operations Plot
    MOPMaintenance Operational Procedures
    MOPMere Oblivion Productions
    MOPManagement Oriented Perspective
    MOPModification of Procedure
    MOPManufacturing Operations Oriented Plant
    MOPMission Outreach Program
    MOPMeter Options Pack (UK water industry)
    MOPMenu of Problems
    MOPMonthly Operating Plan
    MOPManagement Oversight Practice(s)
    MOPMothers of Prodigals
    MOPManila Ocean Park (theme park; Philippines)
    MoPMember of Parliament (also seen as MP)
    MOPMonth of Photography (various locations)
    MOPManager of Projects
    MOPMassive Ordnance Penetrator (US DoD munition)
    MOPMeeting of the Parties (UN Framework Convention on Climate Change)
    MOPMultiple Offender Program (intoxicated driving)
    MOPMethod of Preservation
    MoPMists of Pandaria (World of Warcraft expansion)

    The only MOP with an relationship to multiplayer games is "Mists of Pandaria".


    Have fun


    Ok Erillion just so you know, this attempt at trolling is really crap.


    Why after all this time would you expect anything different?

    They always do the same thing, try to derail any negative threads then once locked spam the shit out of the threads that are positive.
    rpmcmurphykikoodutroa8MaxBacon
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    edited December 2017

    Ok Erillion just so you know, this attempt at trolling is really crap.


    Asking for a clarification for an unknown acronym is trolling ?

    Or stating that I personally think that the original post and this "prestigious" "Worst XXX" award is futile and amiss ? Posts that want to be neutral and unbiased do not have an ironic and derisive "prestigious" in the title. But this original post never was supposed to be neutral and unbiased.


    Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,497
    Psychos1s said:
    Why after all this time would you expect anything different?

    They always do the same thing, try to derail any negative threads then once locked spam the shit out of the threads that are positive.

    Yeah, that's certainly true. I do think it's important to call it out though.
    I don't like reporting posts but I reported that one because it is pure trolling and crap trolling at that.


  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 560
    Star Citizen is great guys, but I suggest you buy the mining ship and some land claiming sticks to get the best out of it.
    MaxBaconKrematoryXarkoFrodoFraginsMrMelGibson
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Well that was quite an embarrassing performance of mental gymnastics topped with a really bad taste in humour :)
    MaxBacon

    ..Cake..

  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 184
    edited December 2017
    sgel said:
    Well that was quite an embarrassing performance of mental gymnastics topped with a really bad taste in humour :)
    Akin to backpedaling on a unicycle while trying to do a 720 spinning somersault.

    OT

    Is it really surprising after all the shady stuff they've been doing that people after all these years are starting to sit up and take notice of the rotten smell permeating the air that surrounds this project?
    MaxBacon
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,497
    Erillion said:

    Ok Erillion just so you know, this attempt at trolling is really crap.


    Asking for a clarification for an unknown acronym is trolling ?

    Or stating that I personally think that the original post and this "prestigious" "Worst XXX" award is futile and amiss ? Posts that want to be neutral and unbiased do not have an ironic and derisive "prestigious" in the title. But this original post never was supposed to be neutral and unbiased.


    Have fun

    Contextually it is clearly referring to MassivelyOP. You, just like everybody else that reads this thread knows this. If it wasn't trolling why include a huge list of other acronyms instead of simply asking what MOP refers to?

    Playing the innocent victim here is just more trolling and attempts at derailing that is fooling no-one, shame on you Erillion. It's a joke award that really doesn't need or deserve this sort of defense.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    edited December 2017
    MOP  = MassivelyOP

    Thank you for the explanation of this acronym.

    >>> You, just like everybody else that reads this thread knows this.>>>

    No, i did not know this. That is why i asked.

    >>>> asking what MOP refers to? >>>

    I did. I even tried to find out myself first, hence the list of possibilities.


    @sgel

    >>> How about MOP then? >>>>
    If MOP means Massively OP  aka Massively Overpowered
    http://massivelyop.com/
    my answer would be : "No, not in my opinion."



    Have fun




    Post edited by Erillion on
    rpmcmurphy
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    aaaand he's back to spamming the "positive" threads :D
    Psychos1skikoodutroa8MaxBaconXarko

    ..Cake..

  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,879
    No it is an amazing business model,just ask Robert's accountants and get Chris to make yet another meaningless video with Sandy sitting at the desk with that fake smile.

    Chris already stated how hard it is to make a game and you need rich pockets to back it up,meaning he knows he is not capable of a definitive budget,he needs to "wing it".

    When given a budget,he fails and is doing so yet again.If this game had a set budget like the original pitch,how good would this game be,i mean it would have been released already in MUCH lesser state than it is now.

    SO here is the question...THAT GAME  he was pitching as being so good,would it  have been any good at all?To me not even worth playing,a pile of junk...vaporware,so he was pitching big talk but cannot deliver.

    The business model......cash shop 101, Chris says thanks for the money,me and the wifey are living the high life thanks to all these believers.
    MaxBacon

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Cotic said:
    Erillion said:

    A personal interpretation of yours. 

    It has never changed since Kickstarter. If it has, please point out the relevant links to official statements.  I think i have a somewhat good understanding of official announcements and cannot remember when Star Citizen has officially been named an MMO.

    As i know you (and I) also have an interest in Elite:Dangerous ... i would also not call E:D an MMO. There is nothing massively about E:D.  By its very design principle of peer-to-peer that limits the instance size. SC has the potential to one day become a massively multiplayer game, more so than E:D unless E:D has a monumental change in its underlying structure. But at the moment SC is not there yet.


    Why do you say it is a personal interpretation? I think rpmcmurphy is right and most people would say hundreds of people in an instance would fall into the MMO category. Why does it not for you?

    It has changed since the kickstarter. CIG originally wanted 100 people per instance but now they want a meshed server setup with 10x, if not 100x more players per instance. That is a pretty big change and would certainly qualify it as a MMO in the eyes of most people.

    Elite has nothing to do with whether Star Citizen's mesh server goals make it an MMO, why even bring it into the discussion? You appear to be saying that because Star Citizen is not an MMO right at this precise moment that it cannot qualify for this award despite the fact that they are planning to make it an MMO by the time it is available to a wider audience.

    Lots of MMOs do testing in a limited area, does that mean they cannot be MMOs as well?
    >>>> hundreds of people in an instance would fall into the MMO category. >>>

    >>>  Why does it not for you? >>>>

    Hundreds of people in an instance would fall into the MMO category. I totally agree.

    Star Citizen is not there yet. That is a quantifiable verifiable fact.

    It is an instanced multiplayer and always was. Far from Massively. Therefore not an MMO. It is even written in the FAQ.

    Please understand ... i would LOVE to see SC being a true MMO. With fully scaleable instances with hundreds, even thousands of people.

    But at the moment .. it is not an MMO.


    Yes, i am saying because Star Citizen is not an MMO at the moment it should not be in an MMO voting category. If it is an MMO by the time it launches - which would be a thing i like - they can call it an MMO as much as they want and have votes over it.


    Have fun
    Ignoring the evidence I gave you that CR wants this to be a MMO? Just because it's not there yet doesn't change the fact that you were wrong and most of the posters in this thread were right. But please continue the mental gymnastics cause it's frigging hilarious
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    edited December 2017
    Another hate popularity contest lol

    The moment I see Guild Wars 2 voted as a worse business model than SOTA, CoE, it's a vote by popularity that's why they get away with it by leaving those who get more exposure get all the backlash.

    And the best business model is the MMO that charges you 15$ /month and then 40$ a year for new content expansions. I would put GW2 in the best ones not FF lol

    Then I the argument is that "oh hey SC sells things that do not yet exist", for a 40$ game where the rest is not behind a forced paywall, so I guess once those things are implemented and you earn them in-game all is fine?

    World of Tanks sure dodged this one, games like GW2 and even ED make it there yet they aren't even nominated, how balanced.
    bartoni33
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Hmm, funny i have not been visited by a para-military force of gun holding mercs hell bent on making me buy anything on the SC store.
    Maybe just maybe, this is just salty, broke ass crybabies that can NOT except they are broke ass crybabies.
    kikoodutroa8
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Arillix said:
    Hmm, funny i have not been visited by a para-military force of gun holding mercs hell bent on making me buy anything on the SC store.
    Maybe just maybe, this is just salty, broke ass crybabies that can NOT except they are broke ass crybabies.
    Yes I'm sure that's it. Everyone who voted for SC must be living in their parents basement without a job and are therefore salty they can't afford hundreds or thousands of dollars of jpegs
    MaxBaconOG_Zorvan
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,685
    It is a horrible model, and with the way people are spending money on it this may become a norm for other games in alpha state......
    MaxBacon
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Most supported record breaking model wins worst!

    probably the same 10 obsessives making multiple accounts to show how much they HATE crowdfunding!

    The cat got it bang on here, nothing but the usual envy, very sad, it borders on evil when you have nothing but hate for something so beautiful. 
    kikoodutroa8
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    edited December 2017
    Orinori said:
    Most supported record breaking model wins worst!

    probably the same 10 obsessives making multiple accounts to show how much they HATE crowdfunding!

    The cat got it bang on here, nothing but the usual envy, very sad, it borders on evil when you have nothing but hate for something so beautiful. 
    Hey but the fun bit you know, they use the fact SC sells things that do not exist yet to put it there.

    Yet all the other projects that have done the same thing, allowing to spend up to thousands in things that do not exist yet, that is the nature of the revenue models of crowdfunds up until things are actually released, but nobody talks about those.

    You don't even need to go into conspiracies, SCs success is the reason it is there, if the whole reality was the same expect to the success and exposure the game gets, different outcome.
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 184
    edited December 2017
    Arillix said:
    Hmm, funny i have not been visited by a para-military force of gun holding mercs hell bent on making me buy anything on the SC store.
    Maybe just maybe, this is just salty, broke ass crybabies that can NOT except they are broke ass crybabies.
    Yes everyone that finds fault with this project is in fact flat out broke, I myself wear cardboard boxes instead of shoes and in the winter cover them in Tesco bags because goretex is a luxury I simply can't afford.

    And honestly what self respecting adult uses the term crybaby?

    OT

    No one forces people to buy loot boxes either but people were up in arms about EA with SW BF2, so if people are going nuts over that are you really surprised that people are skeptical over a game that sells complete packages (that aren't really complete) for 15k a pop, oh and show video's of things to push sales that never materialize.
    MaxBacon
  • VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,437
    Arillix said:
    Hmm, funny i have not been visited by a para-military force of gun holding mercs hell bent on making me buy anything on the SC store.
    Maybe just maybe, this is just salty, broke ass crybabies that can NOT except they are broke ass crybabies.
    People are so totally unfair at comparing Star Citizen's business model to other business models that exists when they should be comparing it exclusively to imaginary business models.
    MrMelGibson
     
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    edited December 2017
    Vrika said:
    People are so totally unfair at comparing Star Citizen's business model to other business models that exists when they should be comparing it exclusively to imaginary business models.
    Oh really? Look at the other crowdfunded projects on the list that got literally no votes, and guess what, "imaginary business models" as well, they are still selling what doesn't yet exist.

    The argument is made yet it doesn't translate on the results.
Sign In or Register to comment.