Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Wins Prestigious "Worst MMO Business Model Of 2017" Award

18910111214»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kind of a re-defining of the word "prestigious", that is unless we call every award given by a random website "prestigious". I haven't seen anything given out by MMORPG.com labeled as "prestigious". It's not even an award given by a collective of industry experts, it's voted by fans, lol.
    The use of the word prestigious was sarcastic. An award from a random website on the internet is about as useful as a list of top 10 games from some guy on one of Japan's trains at rush hour, adding prestigious to the title was to make something silly even sillier.

To be fair the 'award' was from the staff of the site, a separate poll which has nothing to do with the award was by the fans.

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't take that away from it. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    CrazKanuk said:
    Kind of a re-defining of the word "prestigious", that is unless we call every award given by a random website "prestigious". I haven't seen anything given out by MMORPG.com labeled as "prestigious". It's not even an award given by a collective of industry experts, it's voted by fans, lol.
    The use of the word prestigious was sarcastic. An award from a random website on the internet is about as useful as a list of top 10 games from some guy on one of Japan's trains at rush hour, adding prestigious to the title was to make something silly even sillier.

To be fair the 'award' was from the staff of the site, a separate poll which has nothing to do with the award was by the fans.
    That would depend on who that person was on that rush hour train in Japan. If it was Shuhei Yoshida, Hiromichi Tanaka, or especially Kan Gao then I'd be very interested to know. I want to know their top 10 with reasons.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• RouzukiRouzuki Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Herase said:
    Rouzuki said:
    Eldrach said:
    All this discussion about wether or not it's an MMO...The fact is. The business model has gone too far. The game, when released, won't be a good experience for anyone. There will be too many with high end ships from day one, it'll be a nightmare to balance. The game will either (a Feel like a cash grab in order to have a chance of "catching" up to the big spenders or b) The big spenders will feel cheated as it's too easy to catch up to their 1000 dollar ships.

I see no way this will be a clean experience :/
    I always expected for case B. Pledging should have never been about buying a significant advantage over other players before the game even released. It should have only ever been about donating to the project to ensure its completion/improvement.
    Would disagree as we have no idea if there will be advantages. Not saying what you're saying is wrong in terms of donating, but I think claiming the pledges are about paying for advantages is wrong at this point.

Right, right.  I wasn't saying it is advantageous now because we don't know. Just saying that I always expected it not to be advantageous but I feel like a lot of people might think otherwise.