Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish for Atlantica Online 2

ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
But I even more with for an Anarchy Online 2.

What MMO would you like to see a modern iteration thereof come out?

Comments

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    *wish*

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Enjoyed both AOs also but didnt like Atlantica's p2w system.
    AllerleirauhZoeMcCloskey
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Member RarePosts: 4,574
    I probably wouldn't play any as I'm not a fan of modern day MMOs.  I don't think I would play a game just because it had a certain name.  I wanted an Everquest 2 until it came out and I tried it.  Instead, I jumped ship to WoW which I found was actually more like EQ in terms of game mechanics originally.  I can't seem to get into games with cash shops, loot boxes, and advertisements.  It just kills the immersion for me.  I've mostly gone back to playing single player games.
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Enjoyed both AOs also but didnt like Atlantica's p2w system.
    Atlantica Online was one of the worst P2W games that I have played. I quit years ago; people like to hate on Trion, but I personally have had the worst experience with Nexon who owned the game at the time.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    In terms of gameplay, an Atlantica Online 2 would be nice.  I'm sure in reality though it'll come with a new and "improved" cash shop, as if the first one's didn't get bad enough already.
    ZoeMcCloskey
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Yeah I guess I should have said a new and improved Atlantica Online 2.  Keep the historical and mythological lore, even the silliness of some of it.  Keep the being told to use X to sit even when you are level 100+, lol.  But change the cash shop to a normal one, not a gambling-fest.

I liked the turn based combat, the multiple ways to build your formation, the music, the lore, the artwork, the crafting was good(not great like SWG), there was just a lot to like about Atlantica for me at least.  But I did dislike how it was run and the cash shop which these other MMOs lately have been trying to adopt.  The random loot boxes were Atlantica's bread and butter.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    So many people were surprised when Archeage's cash shop ran what could have been an amazing game to the ground, but us Atlantica Online lovers had seen it all before anyways.

I still remember clearly when Atlantica actually won several websites' "best cash shop" lists for having a nice but nonintrusive cash shop.  Boy, that didn't last long.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well a modern FFXi,what i hoped FFXIV would be but never came true.I know now that Square Enix is like all the rest,delivering lame ass games with ideals i do not like one bit.

I wanted a mix of EQ2 and FFXI ,with a tad bit more realism and some added features to bring the world alive.I don't mind pvp but i want to see lawmen in whatever genre it is.It can be either a sheriff or guards,anything to keep law and order as a wide open pvp game ideal is just stupid.

I don't think i would use up one hand to count al the games utilizing a good character system,seems the last several years since Aion,they are more worried about sliders than actual character creation and development.

If al a game has to offer is head into raids,it is an auto delete and yet that is what most games do because they have nothing else to offer.The other blemish and a MUST in my game,NO CASH SHOPS.

So you can see that the game i want to play has little chance of becoming a reality since all these devs want is money for little effort or money banking on promises "yeah trust us,we will deliver...honestly",just send your money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Atlantica Online did have a great idea behind it.  I had a level 120(ish) saw main and a level 110 music main where I spent a long time grinding.  But it did get to the point where I struggled to upgrade my gear without spending a fortune in real money so I decided to quit.

If the sequel was a sub game where you can craft all the gear and earn the mounts, wings and mercs I would definitely play.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville