Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hideo Kojima on Game Development time

124»

Comments

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited December 2017
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
    Well you know when a man and a woman love each other very much. They spend a long time making a special baby, when that one is finished they can start all over again and make another one! the more babies they make though the longer it takes and there just are no short cuts, they all take the same amount of time (give or take a few weeks) and must come one after the other. 

But in digital world these laws don't really apply! you can make tools that define the rules of how to make a baby and when you are finished you can make as many as you want in a very short amount of time! like magic! And even then when you have the babies you can steal bits from one baby and make a mixture of monster babies real fast as well!

I hope there were not too many spoilers in there. It's not really my job to explain this stuff to you :sweat:

As for the ship stuff......NO!
    Uh huh well apparently those tools are around now and yet still only 25% of one system. Plus aren't they supposed to handcraft things which takes time so yeah your poor analogy doesn't work.

As for the ship stuff I guess there isn't anything wrong if you can't name anything 
    We have only seen a single tool used for a single asset type in a single scenario (well I have). The handcrafting is the bit when they go around to check all of the stuff that is generated to make sure it looks OK and manipulate it if it is needed (monster babies as you seemed confused!). As opposed to say a space game where they instantly create a billion planets and stars but have no hope of ever seeing if they are all even round and visible. 

Ships - that makes no sense, stop being lazy. If you want to criticize something you need to make sure you are correct. More effort needed, could do better. 
    So you agree with me it takes time to handcraft the systems. Not sure why you are fighting me on it when you also believe it will take time but then I guess you can't claim things will go faster even though the one system hasn't gone faster.

I posted the spaceships picture, you then said there are many things wrong with it so the burden of proof is on you. Just because you can't back up your claims doesn't mean I'm lazy.
    It takes 'time' to drink a glass of water. No one is handcrafting the systems from scratch to completion. Try read over the lessons again, perhaps go slower this time.

ships - the burden! its to much! please no! The fact that I even would need to correct your simple list makes you lazy. You overestimate how much i care though, I just wanted to point out your list makes you look silly, job done. Feel free to whine at me to fill in your lack of knowledge all you want! 
    Post edited by Orinori on
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
    Well you know when a man and a woman love each other very much. They spend a long time making a special baby, when that one is finished they can start all over again and make another one! the more babies they make though the longer it takes and there just are no short cuts, they all take the same amount of time (give or take a few weeks) and must come one after the other. 

But in digital world these laws don't really apply! you can make tools that define the rules of how to make a baby and when you are finished you can make as many as you want in a very short amount of time! like magic! And even then when you have the babies you can steal bits from one baby and make a mixture of monster babies real fast as well!

I hope there were not too many spoilers in there. It's not really my job to explain this stuff to you :sweat:

As for the ship stuff......NO!
    Uh huh well apparently those tools are around now and yet still only 25% of one system. Plus aren't they supposed to handcraft things which takes time so yeah your poor analogy doesn't work.

As for the ship stuff I guess there isn't anything wrong if you can't name anything 
    We have only seen a single tool used for a single asset type in a single scenario (well I have). The handcrafting is the bit when they go around to check all of the stuff that is generated to make sure it looks OK and manipulate it if it is needed (monster babies as you seemed confused!). As opposed to say a space game where they instantly create a billion planets and stars but have no hope of ever seeing if they are all even round and visible. 

Ships - that makes no sense, stop being lazy. If you want to criticize something you need to make sure you are correct. More effort needed, could do better. 
    So you agree with me it takes time to handcraft the systems. Not sure why you are fighting me on it when you also believe it will take time but then I guess you can't claim things will go faster even though the one system hasn't gone faster.

I posted the spaceships picture, you then said there are many things wrong with it so the burden of proof is on you. Just because you can't back up your claims doesn't mean I'm lazy.
    It takes 'time' to drink a glass of water. No one is handcrafting the systems from scratch to completion. Try read over the lessons again, perhaps go slower this time.

ships - the burden! its to much! please no! The fact that I even would need to correct your simple list makes you lazy. You overestimate how much i care though, I just wanted to point out your list makes you look silly, job done. Feel free to whine at me to fill in your lack of knowledge all you want! 

Well thanks for proving me correct. 
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,056
    The Mighty Montoya chimes in on game development time.

Cool perspective, got me.