Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hideo Kojima on Game Development time

13

Comments

  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Kyleran said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    CrazKanuk said:

    Even if if it was CR, I would make the argument that CR has earned the right more than anyone being that he's managed to raise 150+ million, lol. Like what does Kojima have to do? "Hi! I'm Kojima! Give me money!!"

    A little more than 150, seems people want to fund Chris Roberts $173,000,000! can you imagine people loving you that much and having THAT much faith in your past and present work that people just say 'here man take the money, take as long as you need'! Awesome guy. 

    Me personally I remember owning an Atari ST and seeing someone showing Wing Commander. I wept inside for a very long time. Still very powerful memories and knowing what a Chris Roberts title means <3
    It is an inexplicable phenomenon with no end in sight, but I wonder if anyone remembers the story of the Pinball Wizard?
    Tommy? How does it end. All I know is the song and he gets handed a crown.

    Also there's a disgusting scene with baked beans if memory serves.
    "He starts a religious movement ("I'm Free"), which generates fervor among its adherents ("Sally Simpson") and expands into a holiday camp ("Welcome" / "Tommy's Holiday Camp"). However, Tommy's followers ultimately reject his teachings and leave the camp ("We're Not Gonna Take It")."
    :/ all i ever got from that movie was that people liked to do lots of drugs.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited December 2017
    Orinori said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:
    CrazKanuk said:

    Even if if it was CR, I would make the argument that CR has earned the right more than anyone being that he's managed to raise 150+ million, lol. Like what does Kojima have to do? "Hi! I'm Kojima! Give me money!!"

    A little more than 150, seems people want to fund Chris Roberts $173,000,000! can you imagine people loving you that much and having THAT much faith in your past and present work that people just say 'here man take the money, take as long as you need'! Awesome guy. 

    Me personally I remember owning an Atari ST and seeing someone showing Wing Commander. I wept inside for a very long time. Still very powerful memories and knowing what a Chris Roberts title means <3
    Yea, but didn't you say you only paid $35?  Meanwhile the average star citizen, even when factoring in the free ones, paid $85.  Now Star Citizen needs money to pay for a huge lawsuit so where are you?  Why is your faith not making you donate more when they need you?

    Quoteth the dark side of the force:  Your lack of faith is disturbing.
    If I thought it was needed and if it was asked for I wouldn't hesitate to double that figure!   


    FUNDS RAISED
    $173,533,403 - (just say the word CR and boom! $173,533,438 ! )

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,159
    Ah, I see.  So your true faith is in the rest of the Star Citizen backers so you can hitch a ride on their laurels.

    ...like, really.  Even if you did "double that figure" of how much you contributed, that's only $70 bucks, which is still less than the average Star Citizen's $85.

    As for saying the word, I'm pretty sure that Chris Roberts won't ever say "Orinari, I NEED another $35 from you RIGHT NOW or Star Citizen will die!" because that would do an awful lot to shake the rest of the backers' faith in the project.

    Orinori.  Chris Roberts needs your money NOW.  Why do you think he did that land sale?  Why is he still selling ships?  Why is he still promoting Star Citizen?  He isn't doing it so people WON'T give him money. That $173,533,403 figure doesn't include expenses, you know.

    He's calling to you Orinori.  Why are you letting him down?
    MaxBacon
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    This game may take longer if Crytek wins it's lawsuit. According to an article I believe I read it on Ars Technica, Crytek has retained the services of a very well know and high power law firm. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. (going to check my popcorn supply)
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Without getting into the the money side of the issue and only focusing on development time, I think the biggest problem and the difference between the 2 game makers is that Chris Roberts keeps giving himself a moving target, while Kojima (because he works for someone else) has to focus on set objectives.

    Project scope setting and expectations management is a problem for Chris Roberts. He just trying to do too much all at the same time.
    Kyleran
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited December 2017
    Jamar870 said:
    This game may take longer if Crytek wins it's lawsuit. According to an article I believe I read it on Ars Technica, Crytek has retained the services of a very well know and high power law firm. It will be interesting to see how it turns out. (going to check my popcorn supply)
    It's Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, a firm that Forbes Senior Editor Daniel Fisher once called “Wall Street’s most powerful law firm.” 

    Crytek isn't fooling around.  They also have been sending notices to CiG for two years before now so odds are pretty good all attempts to settle are over with and CiG has a big fat complicated court case to deal with now (something even they seemed to imply in their press release reply)

    Yea, that's going to delay the game quite a bit, I imagine.
    MaxBacon
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:
    CrazKanuk said:

    Even if if it was CR, I would make the argument that CR has earned the right more than anyone being that he's managed to raise 150+ million, lol. Like what does Kojima have to do? "Hi! I'm Kojima! Give me money!!"

    A little more than 150, seems people want to fund Chris Roberts $173,000,000! can you imagine people loving you that much and having THAT much faith in your past and present work that people just say 'here man take the money, take as long as you need'! Awesome guy. 

    Me personally I remember owning an Atari ST and seeing someone showing Wing Commander. I wept inside for a very long time. Still very powerful memories and knowing what a Chris Roberts title means <3
    Yea, but didn't you say you only paid $35?  Meanwhile the average star citizen, even when factoring in the free ones, paid $85.  Now Star Citizen needs money to pay for a huge lawsuit so where are you?  Why is your faith not making you donate more when they need you?

    Quoteth the dark side of the force:  Your lack of faith is disturbing.
    If I thought it was needed and if it was asked for I wouldn't hesitate to double that figure!   


    FUNDS RAISED
    $173,533,403 - (just say the word CR and boom! $173,533,438 ! )

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,159
    Ah, I see.  So your true faith is in the rest of the Star Citizen backers so you can hitch a ride on their laurels.

    ...like, really.  Even if you did "double that figure" of how much you contributed, that's only $70 bucks, which is still less than the average Star Citizen's $85.

    As for saying the word, I'm pretty sure that Chris Roberts won't ever say "Orinari, I NEED another $35 from you RIGHT NOW or Star Citizen will die!" because that would do an awful lot to shake the rest of the backers' faith in the project.

    Orinori.  Chris Roberts needs your money NOW.  Why do you think he did that land sale?  Why is he still selling ships?  Why is he still promoting Star Citizen?  He isn't doing it so people WON'T give him money. That $173,533,403 figure doesn't include expenses, you know.

    He's calling to you Orinori.  Why are you letting him down?
    OK

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,529

    But it kinda looks like business as usual. 6 days to go for HOLIDAY LIVE STREAM :smiley:
    Cotic
  • CoticCotic Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Orinori said:

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    And what do they have to show for it after 5 years? An extremely poor performing, buggy, empty alpha with a considerable amount of those funds used up.

    Orinori said:

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,529

    And only a third, 650,000, have actually paid anything towards the game.
    MaxBacon
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited December 2017
    Orinori said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:.
    If I thought it was needed and if it was asked for I wouldn't hesitate to double that figure!   


    FUNDS RAISED
    $173,533,403 - (just say the word CR and boom! $173,533,438 ! )

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,159
    Ah, I see.  So your true faith is in the rest of the Star Citizen backers so you can hitch a ride on their laurels.

    ...like, really.  Even if you did "double that figure" of how much you contributed, that's only $70 bucks, which is still less than the average Star Citizen's $85.

    As for saying the word, I'm pretty sure that Chris Roberts won't ever say "Orinari, I NEED another $35 from you RIGHT NOW or Star Citizen will die!" because that would do an awful lot to shake the rest of the backers' faith in the project.

    Orinori.  Chris Roberts needs your money NOW.  Why do you think he did that land sale?  Why is he still selling ships?  Why is he still promoting Star Citizen?  He isn't doing it so people WON'T give him money. That $173,533,403 figure doesn't include expenses, you know.

    He's calling to you Orinori.  Why are you letting him down?
    OK

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,529

    But it kinda looks like business as usual. 6 days to go for HOLIDAY LIVE STREAM :smiley:
    So you contributed more, right?  It's good that you aren't all talk if you did.  Talk isn't going to pay for Chris's legal fees or that bribe to Amazon that  Max Bacon was talking about.

    PS:  Contribute MORE.  Be a true Star Citizen!  Prove your faith!  When the game launches, you should be the one to say "I put my money where my mouth is, unlike you unfaithful!" (instead of "The average Star Citizen donated more than me even after bringing the average down by including the freeloaders!")





    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. .... if thou canst; see what ways, means, and methods thou canst make use of, to make it appear to me, or any other, that you have the faith you talk of: the words are a sort of sarcasm and jeer ...

    James 2:18
    MaxBacon
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Cotic said:
    Orinori said:

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    And what do they have to show for it after 5 years?

  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:.
    If I thought it was needed and if it was asked for I wouldn't hesitate to double that figure!   


    FUNDS RAISED
    $173,533,403 - (just say the word CR and boom! $173,533,438 ! )

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,159
    Ah, I see.  So your true faith is in the rest of the Star Citizen backers so you can hitch a ride on their laurels.

    ...like, really.  Even if you did "double that figure" of how much you contributed, that's only $70 bucks, which is still less than the average Star Citizen's $85.

    As for saying the word, I'm pretty sure that Chris Roberts won't ever say "Orinari, I NEED another $35 from you RIGHT NOW or Star Citizen will die!" because that would do an awful lot to shake the rest of the backers' faith in the project.

    Orinori.  Chris Roberts needs your money NOW.  Why do you think he did that land sale?  Why is he still selling ships?  Why is he still promoting Star Citizen?  He isn't doing it so people WON'T give him money. That $173,533,403 figure doesn't include expenses, you know.

    He's calling to you Orinori.  Why are you letting him down?
    OK

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,529

    But it kinda looks like business as usual. 6 days to go for HOLIDAY LIVE STREAM :smiley:
    So you contributed more, right?  It's good that you aren't all talk if you did.  Talk isn't going to pay for Chris's legal fees or that bribe to Amazon that  Max Bacon was talking about.

    PS:  Contribute MORE.  Be a true Star Citizen!  Prove your faith!  When the game launches, you should be the one to say "I put my money where my mouth is, unlike you unfaithful!" (instead of "The average Star Citizen donated more than me even after bringing the average down by including the freeloaders!")





    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. .... if thou canst; see what ways, means, and methods thou canst make use of, to make it appear to me, or any other, that you have the faith you talk of: the words are a sort of sarcasm and jeer ...

    James 2:18
    yeah it doesn't really work that way, you just spend how much it costs to access the game and voila you are done! Then just sit back and watch more Star Citizens join like the

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,622

    463 people who joined since this time yesterday and have kindly donated

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,573,524

    a total of $40,121. All free for Chris to choose what to spend it on!


  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:.
    If I thought it was needed and if it was asked for I wouldn't hesitate to double that figure!   


    FUNDS RAISED
    $173,533,403 - (just say the word CR and boom! $173,533,438 ! )

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,159
    Ah, I see.  So your true faith is in the rest of the Star Citizen backers so you can hitch a ride on their laurels.

    ...like, really.  Even if you did "double that figure" of how much you contributed, that's only $70 bucks, which is still less than the average Star Citizen's $85.

    As for saying the word, I'm pretty sure that Chris Roberts won't ever say "Orinari, I NEED another $35 from you RIGHT NOW or Star Citizen will die!" because that would do an awful lot to shake the rest of the backers' faith in the project.

    Orinori.  Chris Roberts needs your money NOW.  Why do you think he did that land sale?  Why is he still selling ships?  Why is he still promoting Star Citizen?  He isn't doing it so people WON'T give him money. That $173,533,403 figure doesn't include expenses, you know.

    He's calling to you Orinori.  Why are you letting him down?
    OK

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,529

    But it kinda looks like business as usual. 6 days to go for HOLIDAY LIVE STREAM :smiley:
    So you contributed more, right?  It's good that you aren't all talk if you did.  Talk isn't going to pay for Chris's legal fees or that bribe to Amazon that  Max Bacon was talking about.

    PS:  Contribute MORE.  Be a true Star Citizen!  Prove your faith!  When the game launches, you should be the one to say "I put my money where my mouth is, unlike you unfaithful!" (instead of "The average Star Citizen donated more than me even after bringing the average down by including the freeloaders!")





    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. .... if thou canst; see what ways, means, and methods thou canst make use of, to make it appear to me, or any other, that you have the faith you talk of: the words are a sort of sarcasm and jeer ...

    James 2:18

    It's ironic that someone claiming that someone else who is a religious radical should post scripture. That's something that radicals do quite often. Not to mention a relative obscure piece of scripture. 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Without getting into the the money side of the issue and only focusing on development time, I think the biggest problem and the difference between the 2 game makers is that Chris Roberts keeps giving himself a moving target, while Kojima (because he works for someone else) has to focus on set objectives.

    Project scope setting and expectations management is a problem for Chris Roberts. He just trying to do too much all at the same time.
    100% agree think it's silly that he took on two games. Should have made one and the other later down the line, but I think even if they were making one game, and the management was flawless, the gaming community wouldn't react any differently. 

    What I take from this is that regardless of what you're doing or who you are, the gaming community will shit on you if you don't create and release the game when they want it. 

    I mean all Kojima did was announce he's making a game and release some cinematic, if people are willing to dog on him to the point he had to say "I'm not wasting time and money on Death Stranding", SC never had a chance and it just gives me the impression the community is just overall unreasonable whoever it is.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    edited December 2017
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited December 2017
    CrazKanuk said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Orinori said:.
    If I thought it was needed and if it was asked for I wouldn't hesitate to double that figure!   


    FUNDS RAISED
    $173,533,403 - (just say the word CR and boom! $173,533,438 ! )

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,159
    Ah, I see.  So your true faith is in the rest of the Star Citizen backers so you can hitch a ride on their laurels.

    ...like, really.  Even if you did "double that figure" of how much you contributed, that's only $70 bucks, which is still less than the average Star Citizen's $85.

    As for saying the word, I'm pretty sure that Chris Roberts won't ever say "Orinari, I NEED another $35 from you RIGHT NOW or Star Citizen will die!" because that would do an awful lot to shake the rest of the backers' faith in the project.

    Orinori.  Chris Roberts needs your money NOW.  Why do you think he did that land sale?  Why is he still selling ships?  Why is he still promoting Star Citizen?  He isn't doing it so people WON'T give him money. That $173,533,403 figure doesn't include expenses, you know.

    He's calling to you Orinori.  Why are you letting him down?
    OK

    FUNDS RAISED
    173,564,302

    STAR CITIZENS
    1,939,529

    But it kinda looks like business as usual. 6 days to go for HOLIDAY LIVE STREAM :smiley:
    So you contributed more, right?  It's good that you aren't all talk if you did.  Talk isn't going to pay for Chris's legal fees or that bribe to Amazon that  Max Bacon was talking about.

    PS:  Contribute MORE.  Be a true Star Citizen!  Prove your faith!  When the game launches, you should be the one to say "I put my money where my mouth is, unlike you unfaithful!" (instead of "The average Star Citizen donated more than me even after bringing the average down by including the freeloaders!")





    Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works. .... if thou canst; see what ways, means, and methods thou canst make use of, to make it appear to me, or any other, that you have the faith you talk of: the words are a sort of sarcasm and jeer ...

    James 2:18

    It's ironic that someone claiming that someone else who is a religious radical should post scripture. That's something that radicals do quite often. Not to mention a relative obscure piece of scripture. 

    Nice catch there, Captain Obvious.  Why do you think I used it in the first place?  I got it by googling something like "Weak faith with just words" by the way.
    MaxBacon
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

    Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    5 days to go for SQ42 clips! get your insults in while you can!
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

    Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited December 2017
    This post is nothing more than a fanboi trying to associate SC falings with a successful developer. How low can the fans of SC go, do they not know any shame. Really comparing CR with Hideo Kojima.
    ScotchUp
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited December 2017
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

    Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
    Well you know when a man and a woman love each other very much. They spend a long time making a special baby, when that one is finished they can start all over again and make another one! the more babies they make though the longer it takes and there just are no short cuts, they all take the same amount of time (give or take a few weeks) and must come one after the other. 

    But in digital world these laws don't really apply! you can make tools that define the rules of how to make a baby and when you are finished you can make as many as you want in a very short amount of time! like magic! And even then when you have the babies you can steal bits from one baby and make a mixture of monster babies real fast as well!

    I hope there were not too many spoilers in there. It's not really my job to explain this stuff to you :sweat:

    As for the ship stuff......NO!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,329
    Orinori said:
    5 days to go for SQ42 clips! get your insults in while you can!
    Release date....all that really matters...


    Dakeru

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Kyleran said:
    Orinori said:
    5 days to go for SQ42 clips! get your insults in while you can!
    Release date....all that really matters...


    Each to their own, but what good are release dates? I just want to see progress!
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

    Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
    Well you know when a man and a woman love each other very much. They spend a long time making a special baby, when that one is finished they can start all over again and make another one! the more babies they make though the longer it takes and there just are no short cuts, they all take the same amount of time (give or take a few weeks) and must come one after the other. 

    But in digital world these laws don't really apply! you can make tools that define the rules of how to make a baby and when you are finished you can make as many as you want in a very short amount of time! like magic! And even then when you have the babies you can steal bits from one baby and make a mixture of monster babies real fast as well!

    I hope there were not too many spoilers in there. It's not really my job to explain this stuff to you :sweat:

    As for the ship stuff......NO!
    Uh huh well apparently those tools are around now and yet still only 25% of one system. Plus aren't they supposed to handcraft things which takes time so yeah your poor analogy doesn't work.

    As for the ship stuff I guess there isn't anything wrong if you can't name anything 
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    do they not know any shame. Really comparing CR with Hideo Kojima.
    Yeah I think it is a generational thing, I didn't really get it either. I played it and it was good but really all he did was make a game out of hiding in a box! 4 times! 
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited December 2017
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

    Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
    Well you know when a man and a woman love each other very much. They spend a long time making a special baby, when that one is finished they can start all over again and make another one! the more babies they make though the longer it takes and there just are no short cuts, they all take the same amount of time (give or take a few weeks) and must come one after the other. 

    But in digital world these laws don't really apply! you can make tools that define the rules of how to make a baby and when you are finished you can make as many as you want in a very short amount of time! like magic! And even then when you have the babies you can steal bits from one baby and make a mixture of monster babies real fast as well!

    I hope there were not too many spoilers in there. It's not really my job to explain this stuff to you :sweat:

    As for the ship stuff......NO!
    Uh huh well apparently those tools are around now and yet still only 25% of one system. Plus aren't they supposed to handcraft things which takes time so yeah your poor analogy doesn't work.

    As for the ship stuff I guess there isn't anything wrong if you can't name anything 
    We have only seen a single tool used for a single asset type in a single scenario (well I have). The handcrafting is the bit when they go around to check all of the stuff that is generated to make sure it looks OK and manipulate it if it is needed (monster babies as you seemed confused!). As opposed to say a space game where they instantly create a billion planets and stars but have no hope of ever seeing if they are all even round and visible. 

    Ships - that makes no sense, stop being lazy. If you want to criticize something you need to make sure you are correct. More effort needed, could do better. 
    Post edited by Orinori on
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    Orinori said:
    Kefo said:
    lets not forget this is where they are after all this time
    wow judging by that map they wont be finished for 1000 years! but then again that the whole point of the map isn't it, it is a map to scare idiots who don't understand how things are produced in a digital world :)  

    Oh and by the way, the other thing, the list of ships and stuff, even though it's filled out in a way for drama and things again, just thought I should let you know there are quite a few mistakes on it :) not that you care!
    Please enlighten us oh great one on how things are produced in a digital world in regards to the map and you are welcome to point out all the mistakes on the ships picture. It's not mine so you won't hurt my feelings 
    Well you know when a man and a woman love each other very much. They spend a long time making a special baby, when that one is finished they can start all over again and make another one! the more babies they make though the longer it takes and there just are no short cuts, they all take the same amount of time (give or take a few weeks) and must come one after the other. 

    But in digital world these laws don't really apply! you can make tools that define the rules of how to make a baby and when you are finished you can make as many as you want in a very short amount of time! like magic! And even then when you have the babies you can steal bits from one baby and make a mixture of monster babies real fast as well!

    I hope there were not too many spoilers in there. It's not really my job to explain this stuff to you :sweat:

    As for the ship stuff......NO!
    Uh huh well apparently those tools are around now and yet still only 25% of one system. Plus aren't they supposed to handcraft things which takes time so yeah your poor analogy doesn't work.

    As for the ship stuff I guess there isn't anything wrong if you can't name anything 
    We have only seen a single tool used for a single asset type in a single scenario (well I have). The handcrafting is the bit when they go around to check all of the stuff that is generated to make sure it looks OK and manipulate it if it is needed (monster babies as you seemed confused!). As opposed to say a space game where they instantly create a billion planets and stars but have no hope of ever seeing if they are all even round and visible. 

    Ships - that makes no sense, stop being lazy. If you want to criticize something you need to make sure you are correct. More effort needed, could do better. 
    So you agree with me it takes time to handcraft the systems. Not sure why you are fighting me on it when you also believe it will take time but then I guess you can't claim things will go faster even though the one system hasn't gone faster.

    I posted the spaceships picture, you then said there are many things wrong with it so the burden of proof is on you. Just because you can't back up your claims doesn't mean I'm lazy.
Sign In or Register to comment.