Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about EQ2

gizma99kgizma99k Member Posts: 239

Well, as the title says I have a couple of questions about EQ2

1. Is leveling hard?

2. What kind of stuff is there to do, or is it all quest quest quest grind grind grind, so basically are there other things to do?

3. Is everyone the same? If I make a mage will there me a mage thats exactly like me?

4. Whats up with EQ2's station exchange thingy...?

I know I know, lots of questions lol. Well depending on the answers I might have to buy this game =D It doesnt look that bad. I just dont want to get bored in a week.

Comments

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Originally posted by gizma99k
    Well, as the title says I have a couple of questions about EQ2
    1. Is leveling hard?2. What kind of stuff is there to do, or is it all quest quest quest grind grind grind, so basically are there other things to do?
    3. Is everyone the same? If I make a mage will there me a mage thats exactly like me?
    4. Whats up with EQ2's station exchange thingy...?
    I know I know, lots of questions lol. Well depending on the answers I might have to buy this game =D It doesnt look that bad. I just dont want to get bored in a week.

This is all information from when i played it (January To March)

1. The leveling wasnt too bad, if you like to team (and if you find good ones) you will level at a decent rate.

2. You can craft (which gets you really good money around lvl 25+), Hunt, do missions, explore, do raids, you have your own house (more like an apartment though), and more.

3. Yes, untill you hit lvl 10 (i think its lvl 10) you will have all of the same powers as a different mage. Some of your powers may be stronger/waker than theirs depening on if you upgraded them or not.

4. Sony is basically like Ebay, they allow players to sell in game items, accounts, and gold, while Sony charges fee's for doing so. I do not think Sony actually sells anything themselves

If you get into a good guild, then EQ2 will probably keep you occupied for a while.

Hope this helps

Enjoy

• KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787

1. Is leveling hard?

Slower than WoW, much faster than Lineage II. It's not that bad, but it slows as you advance in levels. If you can group it makes it much fater.

2. What kind of stuff is there to do, or is it all quest quest quest grind grind grind, so basically are there other things to do?

The crafting system is very involved. There are also ample opportunities for roleplaying. But the thrust of the action part of the game is doing quests, and there are *plenty* of quests in EQ2.

Appearances are customizable but you will see a lot of people who look like you because they have the same armor as you. In terms of skills, you get the same skills as everyone else does in your class and subclass, but you can decide at various points which ones to add a bit more oomph to, thereby making you more specialized in some areas than in others.

• gizma99kgizma99k Member Posts: 239
    Thank you both =D