Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC makes PC Gamers worst micro transactions list

KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
http://www.pcgamer.com/worst-microtransactions/

Obviously an opinion piece but still
«13456712

Comments

  • chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    one ship 1000 bucks a piece a land 100$ times ten 1000$

    the look on there face when its all made illegal .....PRICE LESS
    bcbullyViper482rasgan514YashaXPsym0n
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Check out this $14,000.00 digital bundle that includes a lock of Lord British hair.  SC has nothing on SotA when it comes to useless microtransactions.
    YukmarcQuizar1973
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    Lord British DID offer a vial of his blood, but they did not let him ;-)


    Have fun
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Erillion said:
    Lord British DID offer a vial of his blood, but they did not let him ;-)


    Have fun

    They kicked him off eBay for trying to auction his blood so he sold it on his own website, 10 vials of blood, 5 were his and 5 belonged to his producer.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Check out this $14,000.00 digital bundle that includes a lock of Lord British hair.  SC has nothing on SotA when it comes to useless microtransactions.
    Isn't that like pointing out that an earlier serial killer was even worse then the one the cops are currently hunting?

    I understand that the games need funding too be made but both the games moved into the realm of pure comedy.
    one ship 1000 bucks a piece a land 100$ times ten 1000$

    the look on there face when its all made illegal .....PRICE LESS

    I don't think it will be illegal, at least if they put it right. Getting bonuses for funding an upcomming game is not the same thing as selling random lootboxes, there is no gambling involved.

    That said, rewarding too good stuff for funding a game is dangerous if they want to have more customers then just the ones funding it (then again, they are making the game for those people).

    I think if some legal action will be taken against cashshop items or lootboxes a lot will depend on the wording. Offering a super pay2win ship as a reward for people that pledge a certain amount of cash is almost impossible to forbid but selling loose items is far easier.

    What do people want with the hair BTW? Clone their own Lord British?

    Viper482
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 7,275
    edited December 2017
    Seems they just have put SC cause it's popular, not because it even compares to funding methods that fall on microtransactions such as SOTA's or even CoE. To talk about buying land and ignore the existence of Entropia Universe is just wtf.

    The argumentation of "selling stuff before it even exists" for SC (in the funding kickstart nature of it) yet give a free pass to season passes? hmmm

    Maybe perhaps, CR will start selling his blood, then we can talk. :)
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    FrodoFraginsViper482
  • RouzukiRouzuki Member UncommonPosts: 66
    edited December 2017
    one ship 1000 bucks a piece a land 100$ times ten 1000$

    the look on there face when its all made illegal .....PRICE LESS
    Why would it be made illegal?

    Loot boxes based on RNG are what was being investigated and potentially made illegal in Belgium.

    That's because RNG loot boxes where real money is involved is gambling which is a strictly regulated industry and illegal without the proper permission.

    In Star Citizen you get exactly what you pay for so, it's your own dumb fault if you paid $1000 for some digital ship that the rest of us will obtain, by playing in game, with relative ease in all likelihood. 
    ErillionConstantineMerus
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,826
    The problem with funding SC and games like it, is that they are getting all their money now. They'll have nothing left to offer at the time of release so what will they do then? Sell more ships I guess, they won't be making money any way otherwise.
    Viper482
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,512
    Check out this $14,000.00 digital bundle that includes a lock of Lord British hair.  SC has nothing on SotA when it comes to useless microtransactions.
    NO    FUCKING     WAY! LOL :)))
    blorpykins

    Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,576
    MaxBacon said:
    Seems they just have put SC cause it's popular, not because it even compares to funding methods that fall on microtransactions such as SOTA's or even CoE. To talk about buying land and ignore the existence of Entropia Universe is just wtf.

    Maybe perhaps, CR will start selling his blood, then we can talk. :)
    Is it niche or is it popular? Here is an example of where people pick and choose which they want to call it.

    End of the day this project that might someday be a game ISNT that popular despite all the numbers of 'citizens' you want to cite. The money they have made is basically 99% micro transaction. Although I think they could call some of them macro since the prices are so ridiculous. So they could more than likely rename the list itself the 'Star Citizen award for most aggregious micro transaction pay to win concept ever thought of'.

    As for the guy saying you get what you pay for...ummmm no you dont I dont think half the Jpegs they have sold have been pixelated into ships in the game yet. So its a gamble just hoping they someday get around to it.

    I am sure someone has the list but I would like to know the 'oldest' jpeg they have sold that hasnt yet been made. Is it 2 years? 3 years? One of the first ones?

    Either way Star Citizen epitomizes predatory selling.


    MaxBaconViper482xmenty
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited December 2017
    "Macrotransactions" would be more accurate in SC's case, really.  Really isn't anything micro about the prices of anything they sell.
    kikoodutroa8Viper482Azaron_Nightbladeesc-joconnor
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,353
    Its actually a list of "dubious" micro transaction practices, and only lists the land sales, not the ships.


    PhaserlightMadFrenchie

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    edited December 2017
    Kyleran said:
    Its actually a list of "dubious" micro transaction practices, and only lists the land sales, not the ships.


    Ah, that makes sense.  Like I've mentioned in those other threads, unlike ships (for the most part), it's impossible for them to know for sure if they can even guarantee they'll have that land they're selling be available.  Archeage and Ultima Online and everything else were unable to provided noninstanced land for everyone either so selling land before land even exists is an extremely dubious practice, made worse by how you don't even know the quality of what you're getting because some players might get better land spots than others depending on who finds them first even if everyone paid the same $50 for a plot.

    Of course, there's a lot of open ended things up in the air for ships too (exactly how good will they be and perform are unanswerable questions when the game's still mostly just concept for example).  Land just has way more than that, especially with how complex and in-depth Star Citizen is making its housing and land system compared to other games (or at the least, how much in-depth they PLAN to make it, which is now legally binding since they stated it as fact instead of as something they HOPE to have in the sales page).

    ...so yea, "Dubious" (which means "uncertain", "suspect", "questionable", and "doubtful", for those who don't know) is definitely a good term for it.
    MaxBacon
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member RarePosts: 2,839
    MaxBacon said:
    Seems they just have put SC cause it's popular, not because it even compares to funding methods that fall on microtransactions such as SOTA's or even CoE. To talk about buying land and ignore the existence of Entropia Universe is just wtf.

    Maybe perhaps, CR will start selling his blood, then we can talk. :)
    What CR would sell would probably have more of a yellowish tinge.....

    If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,320
    Those ships aren't micro transactions and how any game can make these kinds of lists without being 'out.'  Since we don't know the final product, save it, at least until it's closer to release.

    Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,537
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Those ships aren't micro transactions and how any game can make these kinds of lists without being 'out.'  Since we don't know the final product, save it, at least until it's closer to release.
    As pointed out by Kyleran, the actual list was for the most DUBIOUS transactions (again, dubious means "uncertain" and "doubtful"), in which case, transactions for a game that isn't even out apply even MORE than a game that's out.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,056
    edited December 2017
    Was wondering when some more useless "concern" would finally come out of the woodwork after the Anniversary resounding success and 3.0 NDA lift lol...

    News flash: most ambitious crowdfunding game ever has optional pre-sales of future content available to all backers instead of locking it behind future paid updates.

    Someone call the Fed's. Quick.
    Viper482
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,115
    Well that's one way to do a list in 2017.

    It's that bad now huh?

    "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

    "classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer



  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,576
    Babuinix said:
    Was wondering when some more useless "concern" would finally come out of the woodwork after the Anniversary resounding success and 3.0 NDA lift lol...

    News flash: most ambitious crowdfunding game ever has optional pre-sales of future content available to all backers instead of locking it behind future paid updates.

    Someone call the Fed's. Quick.
    I wouldnt call the sale a resounding success, there are reports the numbers have been faked actually. People can decide for themselves. But even the self proclaimed numbers arent that impressive. I said the minimum they should get should be 9 million (that was before the land sale nonsense), with one day to go theyre just over 8. They have put basically every jpeg they ever drew on sale along with a few new ones AND the land. Taking all that into consideration AND the ability for people to get their hands on 3.0 or in the very least see it for what it is that total is disappointing.

    But you guys can spin it how you want I guess.

    In the end EVERYTHING  is for sale. Its the most ambitious telethon thats for sure. Whether it turns into anything actually playable remains to be seen. 
    ScotchUp
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 3,056
    Yep getting +8$million dollars in a couple of weeks is so bad...
    I dunno how they can manage tbh lol :#
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Was wondering when some more useless "concern" would finally come out of the woodwork after the Anniversary resounding success and 3.0 NDA lift lol...

    News flash: most ambitious crowdfunding game ever has optional pre-sales of future content available to all backers instead of locking it behind future paid updates.

    Someone call the Fed's. Quick.
    I wouldnt call the sale a resounding success, there are reports the numbers have been faked actually. People can decide for themselves. But even the self proclaimed numbers arent that impressive. I said the minimum they should get should be 9 million (that was before the land sale nonsense), with one day to go theyre just over 8. They have put basically every jpeg they ever drew on sale along with a few new ones AND the land. Taking all that into consideration AND the ability for people to get their hands on 3.0 or in the very least see it for what it is that total is disappointing.

    But you guys can spin it how you want I guess.

    In the end EVERYTHING  is for sale. Its the most ambitious telethon thats for sure. Whether it turns into anything actually playable remains to be seen. 
    And we all know WHO is reporting that the numbers are fake, do we not? A totally unbiased reliable sane source. 


    Have fun

  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Was wondering when some more useless "concern" would finally come out of the woodwork after the Anniversary resounding success and 3.0 NDA lift lol...

    News flash: most ambitious crowdfunding game ever has optional pre-sales of future content available to all backers instead of locking it behind future paid updates.

    Someone call the Fed's. Quick.
    I wouldnt call the sale a resounding success, there are reports the numbers have been faked actually. People can decide for themselves. But even the self proclaimed numbers arent that impressive. I said the minimum they should get should be 9 million (that was before the land sale nonsense), with one day to go theyre just over 8. They have put basically every jpeg they ever drew on sale along with a few new ones AND the land. Taking all that into consideration AND the ability for people to get their hands on 3.0 or in the very least see it for what it is that total is disappointing.

    But you guys can spin it how you want I guess.

    In the end EVERYTHING  is for sale. Its the most ambitious telethon thats for sure. Whether it turns into anything actually playable remains to be seen. 
    And we all know WHO is reporting that the numbers are fake, do we not? A totally unbiased reliable sane source. 


    Have fun

    CIG? I agree they aren't unbiased, reliable or remotely sane, especially Christ Roberts
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,967
    I have to agree with some things in the article.  I played Dragons Age Origins and they did have a ton of never ending DLC. 

    They didn't include this but there was an uproar when Mass Effect locked having a Prothean in a DLC if you wanted to have him as a crew member, it didn't go over well.

    They take a game, build it, then cut it up and sell the pieces for additional profit.

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,232
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Was wondering when some more useless "concern" would finally come out of the woodwork after the Anniversary resounding success and 3.0 NDA lift lol...

    News flash: most ambitious crowdfunding game ever has optional pre-sales of future content available to all backers instead of locking it behind future paid updates.

    Someone call the Fed's. Quick.
    I wouldnt call the sale a resounding success, there are reports the numbers have been faked actually. People can decide for themselves. But even the self proclaimed numbers arent that impressive. I said the minimum they should get should be 9 million (that was before the land sale nonsense), with one day to go theyre just over 8. They have put basically every jpeg they ever drew on sale along with a few new ones AND the land. Taking all that into consideration AND the ability for people to get their hands on 3.0 or in the very least see it for what it is that total is disappointing.

    But you guys can spin it how you want I guess.

    In the end EVERYTHING  is for sale. Its the most ambitious telethon thats for sure. Whether it turns into anything actually playable remains to be seen. 
    And we all know WHO is reporting that the numbers are fake, do we not? A totally unbiased reliable sane source. 


    Have fun

    CIG? I agree they aren't unbiased, reliable or remotely sane, especially Christ Roberts
    Go ahead and link the post where CIG is reporting that their numbers  are fake. 

    We believe in you!!


    Have fun

  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:
    Babuinix said:
    Was wondering when some more useless "concern" would finally come out of the woodwork after the Anniversary resounding success and 3.0 NDA lift lol...

    News flash: most ambitious crowdfunding game ever has optional pre-sales of future content available to all backers instead of locking it behind future paid updates.

    Someone call the Fed's. Quick.
    I wouldnt call the sale a resounding success, there are reports the numbers have been faked actually. People can decide for themselves. But even the self proclaimed numbers arent that impressive. I said the minimum they should get should be 9 million (that was before the land sale nonsense), with one day to go theyre just over 8. They have put basically every jpeg they ever drew on sale along with a few new ones AND the land. Taking all that into consideration AND the ability for people to get their hands on 3.0 or in the very least see it for what it is that total is disappointing.

    But you guys can spin it how you want I guess.

    In the end EVERYTHING  is for sale. Its the most ambitious telethon thats for sure. Whether it turns into anything actually playable remains to be seen. 
    And we all know WHO is reporting that the numbers are fake, do we not? A totally unbiased reliable sane source. 


    Have fun

    CIG? I agree they aren't unbiased, reliable or remotely sane, especially Christ Roberts
    Go ahead and link the post where CIG is reporting that their numbers  are fake. 

    We believe in you!!


    Have fun

    I didn't mention anything about them reporting about fake numbers. You take shit far too seriously and need to relax a bit
Sign In or Register to comment.