Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Antorus Race Fails to Impress as Method Clears 10/11 Within 20 Hours - World of Warcraft

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

Antorus Race Fails to Impress as Method Clears 10/11 Within 20 Hours - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft News - With Antorus as the final World of Warcraft: Legion raid, many progression guilds seeking the "world first" clear are jetting through at an unprecedented pace. Antorus launched in North America on Tuesday and in Europe on Wednesday. Two guilds, Limit & Exorsus, are 9/11, while Method has pulled ahead to 10/11. Many others sit at 6/11. The final boss is always the most difficult, of course, but it's disappointing to see such a large raid cleared so quickly.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Bliz should release a raid tier without having it on PTS and I bet guilds won't be close to clearing it in 20 hours.
    SBFordXingbairongonelesslightcranthugCrazKanuk[Deleted User]killerqueer
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Coolit said:

Bliz should release a raid tier without having it on PTS and I bet guilds won't be close to clearing it in 20 hours.

Because they wouldnt know tactics or because of gamebreaking bugs?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    The fact that one of the bosses was defeated without a single melee DPS class is horrible design. At the very most, Blizz should reform one of the currently disbanded, but former world first, guilds to conduct testing. Make these guys work for it.

This is all on Blizzard, though in a sense, it cheapens any WF achievement.

We'll see how Argus goes.
    CoolitunfilteredJWLurianarcranthugCrazKanuk[Deleted User]Cryolitycal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Honestly I think it's worth the investment to get some ex WF players to work for Blizzard testing the raids. What happens now is a new raid drops and for a few days(maybe 1-2 weeks) people's interest in WoW is peaked again, but once someone gets WF on the last boss the attention WoW gets starts to dwindle... Wouldn't it be better if that attention retained for 3-4-5 maybe even more weeks?

Of course if they do this another issue that might popup is that someone from the testing team might be providing information about the encounters to some of the top guilds thus giving them edge.

20 hours and already at the last boss is a bit discouraging. It feels like they really gave up on this expansion a while back and are putting all their effort in their next expansion, which don't get me wrong is great, but the issue is that if they are doing that and aren't shortening the release date I'm not sure if it's worth antagonizing the few active players they have now.
    SBFordCoolit
  • MaldreanMaldrean Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited December 2017
    ok i dont post much and i am not a wow fanboy but i stoped my sub 4 times this xpack.
    first of all the people that are downing the bosses in 20 hours are doing it in X ammount of wips there job is to play wow they are sponserd players that are getting payed to do this (JOB)!!!
    thats what they do to make cash is play wow they have spent hundreads of hours farming the right gear for 5 toons per person 5 toons with maxed out gear legendarys weapons everything thats just crazy crazy hours it takes just to down a raid with more gear then the raid drops they out gear the raid with titenforging you could be well above the item lvl that drops

in the past if a pice droped at 740 il in the raid thtas what you got that was it
    now with titanforging it can be up to 70 il higher then what it was ment to be so
    they farm gear all titanforged gear they just overgear the raid by far!!!!!!

please understand that this is not old wow where old gear is hands down worse then new there is still peopel using cof as bis a trinket that they just nerfed this week from 2 raid tiers ago EVEN nerfed. its still bis for a few classes just my info of someone that did hardcore raiding for 5 years and i have bean raiding since mc with taking brakes to go overseas to deploy when method back in (soo) seige of orgermire raid had i belive 320 wips on that fight my guild did it in 322 wips but it took us a long time because that fight was a guild killer and we had to retrain people where they did it in 2 days i think
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    My guess is part of the problem is after all of these years there's not many ways Blizz can develop a raid that hasn't been seen before so these top guilds are able to more quickly solve them based on previous experience.

One way to solve the testing challenge would be to recruit multiple raid guilds and let each test only one encounter in the chain.

Along with the final boss, one or more intermediate encounters should be reserved for testers internal to the firm.

That or you just disqualify anyone who assists with testing from claiming world firsts.
    SBFordXingbairong[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Doesn't matter how quick the top 1% clears content.
    Gymrat313KalebGraysonEponyxDamorinfomatz

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• MaldreanMaldrean Member UncommonPosts: 12
    The raids have to be tested. other wise you end up with what happened in d3 or in bc when they pushed out a pvp patch with out testing and the hunter pvp gear bugged and you could buy it all for free. with wow unlike a lot of games the reson its still the number 1 game for this type is because of the polish they put into it and work they do with it. i dont think people relize that method was doing 8 split runs to gear there main raid team. so what that means they cleared heroic 11 times in 1 week to get 4 pice for the classes that needed it bis trinkets and everything they needed the gear that droped from the raid is 960 the averge il of the raid was 955 fully geared all there toons they forced the gear to go to the people that needed it
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    Didn't they all get stuck on KJ last tier for like a week or something because he wasn't tuned right? And Argus is supposedly gonna have some extra phase or something (or so everyone thinks).
    Albatroes said:
    Didn't they all get stuck on KJ last tier for like a week or something because he wasn't tuned right? And Argus is supposedly gonna have some extra phase or something (or so everyone thinks).
    Yep, KJ was a real problem for a couple weeks. It'll be interesting to see how Argus shapes up, though I still wager that Argus will be completed on mythic by someone prior to reset.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    This raid is way undertuned. Especially considering the fact that this is the final raid of the xpac and will be expected to last for months.
    SBFordXingbairong
  • kaz350kaz350 Member UncommonPosts: 130

Doesn't matter how quick the top 1% clears content.

It doesn't matter how fast the 0.5% clear content.
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Most average gamers will not even step foot in the mythic dungeon for quite some time yet. The World First race is honestly, for pride cool but game design horrible. Overtuning a dungeon because some people are paid to play your game is not a great approach. Tune the content to be difficult but not impossible. What I see with Antorus is Blizzard making their final raid on mythic achievable by your
    normal raiders (in a few months of course). That is a huge change from final dungeons in the past they have designed (Look at Dreanor and Pandaria mythics raids).

So, what I'm trying to say is. It looks like the design was made for more groups of players to defeat the big bad boss of this expansion, while playing on the hardest difficulty. That, to me is good. Because after the world first race ends, they always have to tune it down anyway.
  • nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited December 2017
    Everyone just assumes they are paid to play... Just look at exorcus they needed to stop progress during Tomb of Sargeras due to their people actually USING HOLIDAYS for their raidambition and those are limited. Only quite a few are sponsored and a few can earn enough the months prio to be able to not work during the raid. Jeez before you scream out some facts.. check if they are right.
    Post edited by nfacatrius on
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Easy game for the braindead
  • 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118

Everyone just assumes they are paid to play... Just look at exorcus they needed to stop progress during Tomb of Sargeras due to their people actually USING HOLIDAYS for their raidambition so ofc. those are limited only quite a few are sponsored and a few can earn enough the months prio to be able to not work during the raid. Jeez before you scream out some facts.. check if they are right.

Yea, you might be right - but so am I. Some of these top guild have sponsor ships or some sort of other swag items handed to them. So, while it might not be money they are given 100% of the time, they still are getting some sort of material.

Here I did some research for you - This is a link to Method's sponsor page: https://www.method.gg/sponsors so, does this mean I have checked my fact before I SCREAMED it?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Hard to believe people get paid to play a game that's 13 years old.
  • nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited December 2017
    Chris.. 1st sponsor is giving them the Team Clothes.. 2nd one just let them have Partnership faster and 3rd is their Website.. so no real money based Sponsor they out up there. Many of the Methods stream and get donations during this so they can afford the days off. The twitch market is as scarce as youtube one is. I won't deny however that there could be hidden sponsors.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Chris.. 1st sponsor is giving them the Team Clothes.. 2nd one just let them have Partnership faster and 3rd is their Website.. so no real money based Sponsor they out up thete. Many of the Methods stream and get donations during this so they can afford the days off. The twitch market is as scarce as youtube one is. I won't deny however that there could be hidden sponsors.
    The Twitch market is far from scarce. More people watch game videos and streams than some of the major TV outlets combined http://www.pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/ There are many streamers who do it as a full-time job and make a very comfortable living from it.
    [Deleted User]
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Raids: Waste Of Development Effort

Especially these almost static scripted bosses people need to learn and fight with the assistance of DeadlyBossMods and similar utilities.

Give at least these boss mobs some AI and unpredictability and ban all UI mods.

/snoozfest
  • DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399
    This article comments that it is "disappointing" that the raid was completed so quickly by the best raid groups in the WORLD, making up what, maybe 0.5% or less of the Warcraft population? 0.1% might be more accurate imo.

Would be great to get statistics of how many people actually completed the raid of the entire playerbase when its over, and see how "disappointing" those numbers are regarding who is actually playing this content.
    You missed the point of the article @Denambren -- it's not disappointing in terms of what they're achieving, simply by how fast they are achieving it. No 11-boss raid should be down to the final boss in about 20 hours. That's sloppy design and letting too much be known about the raid too far ahead of its launch. These guys, while arguably the best in the world, have had too long to prepare by getting moves and mechanics down during Heroic testing on the PTR. While Mythic ramps things up a bit, it's pretty much the same fight with perhaps 1-2 additional mechanics and fatter boss HP.

NO raid should go down in 20 hours. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Forgrimm said:
    Chris.. 1st sponsor is giving them the Team Clothes.. 2nd one just let them have Partnership faster and 3rd is their Website.. so no real money based Sponsor they out up thete. Many of the Methods stream and get donations during this so they can afford the days off. The twitch market is as scarce as youtube one is. I won't deny however that there could be hidden sponsors.
    The Twitch market is far from scarce. More people watch game videos and streams than some of the major TV outlets combined http://www.pcgamer.com/more-people-watch-gaming-videos-and-streams-than-hbo-netflix-espn-and-hulu-combined/ There are many streamers who do it as a full-time job and make a very comfortable living from it.
    I row with one who used to stream for extra cash while working for Zenimax on ESO...  Those things have one helluva snowball effect once you Garner a solid core base.
    Forgrimm

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    PVEsports?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited December 2017
    Torval said:
    Should Blizzard be tuning their raids for "professional" player guilds. They're the only teams that realistically ever get WF so why do we perpetually make such a big deal and roll out the red carpet for them.

Maybe if Blizzard should be designing raid content for their main base. It feels like they're hanging onto an outdated cultural trope that clings to the game like a decaying vestige.
    Awesome post @Torval

Of course, I would go even further and question the whole "Raid or Die" game system. But I guess that is what you end up with when you convert an MMORPG into a lobby game.

[Deleted User]