Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Absolutely amazing so far

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
I just bought this and am enjoying this so much . Totally worth every penny.

I am playing Lohse . Was anyone able to solve the cavern Saheila without -45 hit to faction with everyone in the cavern. I left Fane, Red Prince and Ifan outside so there was no loss of faction with them though. Even though I never attacked even once I still lost the faction.

Chamber of Chains
YashaXMrMelGibsonTokken

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    One of my favorite things about DOS 2 is that where other games advertise choices on how you play and solve problems and barely do that for real, DOS 2 really delivers in that respect right from the start and throughout the whole game.
    cheyaneMrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited December 2017
    I was just marvelling about how great the enemy AI is in this game.

For example the encounter where you have to save the paladin anyway I couldn't face the lot of them as a level 4 so I decided to fight them inside the building. I teleported the captain in and that went badly then I teleported the paladin . Each time and tried a different tactic the AI would come from different areas. Not through the front door but the side doors and the one at that back too. Each time the path they took or the decision they made would change. Now that is good AI.

This is why this game is fun. It is challenging and interesting to use your brain each turn. I can understand people who hate turn based combat but honestly to me this constant changeability makes whatever steps you take a thinking process and I think you cannot do that on a faster clock well I cannot and I really appreciate the depth this gives to the combat and the abilities you choose to use. Not to mention placement of AOE , summons , totems and decisions on who to move where or buff and heal.

I cannot do this with an army although I would love to because if you love this type of planning surely Age of Empires is next but having tried I recognize I'm woefully bad at it.

This game the first one was why I bought Mordheim :City of the Damned but that one stacked the odds so badly against you, at times the randomness wiped my whole group. Painful that one was.
    Chamber of Chains
    Has anybody else created several profiles and are playing the other two origin characters you didn't get to play in the first profile since you can only take 4 in a group?

Since there are so many different classes and ways to play and despite handling the same content it feels fresh. I know I am really gushing about this game sorry but I really love this. 
    Tokken
    Chamber of Chains
    Yes. I have 4 profiles and keep trying different party set-ups. My favorite so far is the Red Prince as a Knight with a dash of Polymoph. Sebille as backstabbing rogue with some necro, Beast as a water/air/summoning healer and Myself as a human fire/eath wizard.

When I fought Alexander with that group I teleported him right smack in the middle of my party after he cast his fire storm on them... he didn't last long :)
    cheyane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I am trying out Sebille (MC) as shadowblade and running Beast as a Frost Paladin. I made IFan a summoner with some huntsman and finally Red Prince as an Elementalist.
    Chamber of Chains
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I have decided to go back and play the original first.  Should I just skip it?
    Tokken

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

They are set 1000 years apart and you don't  have to play the first to play the second.
    AethaerynOctagon7711MrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    They are set 1000 years apart and you don't  have to play the first to play the second.
    Also the 2nd is a much better game in every conceivable way.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    Yeah that approach was rather cool, just tried less than 1h but will continue soon :)
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    cheyane said:
    Has anybody else created several profiles and are playing the other two origin characters you didn't get to play in the first profile since you can only take 4 in a group?

Since there are so many different classes and ways to play and despite handling the same content it feels fresh. I know I am really gushing about this game sorry but I really love this. 
    After my first play through, I added the same 6 man group mod from the steam workshop.  Now I use all 6 main characters and don't miss any related story.  If it makes it too easy, just up the difficulty.
    Tokken
    @MrMelGibson ; That is an interesting mod . Adding 6 will definitely make the game way too easy so upping the difficulty is a must. Thanks for the suggestion but for now I'm enjoying playing two profiles but after looking at the Tidalist and Death Knight builds I may create one more profile.

It is not just  that each encounter handles differently the AI also takes different paths to get to you making the game vastly replayable.
    MrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
    Thing is the first game was very good but I agree with @Iselin the second is better so far but that does not mean the first was not good, it was very good too. I have been playing for so many hours and I still haven't got my collars off even. 

When you talk to the NPCs playing with different characters the dialogue changes and some encounters that ended in a fight did not end in one as another character and this also opens out other possibilities. It's a fluid way to handle a game that allows one to play as different characters. 

I wish there were more games like this .There are some Japanese games that do this but the fluidity is not as well done  because you get  a separate battlefield once the fight starts and that is not the case in Divinity Original Sin games.
    Tokken
    Chamber of Chains
  • VedixszVedixsz Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Why is this on here though, its not an mmo?
    IselinYashaXMrMelGibson
    edited December 2017
    Vedixsz said:
    This site covers more than MMOs for some time now.  I am very happy that they do because I can then discuss other games too with the people whose opinions matter to me.
    YashaXMrMelGibsonkitarad
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:

After my first play through, I added the same 6 man group mod from the steam workshop.  Now I use all 6 main characters and don't miss any related story.  If it makes it too easy, just up the difficulty.
    I hadn't actually looked at mods so thanks for the tip. That's a nice one and so is the free pet-pal one. I installed those two and started yet another profile for a party of 6.
    MrMelGibson

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited December 2017
    The game is FANTASTIC! I have over 200 hrs into it and there is a lot of replayability to it.  This game is so much better then the first game (which was good). I can't wait for  Divinity Original Sin 3
    MrMelGibson

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Vedixsz said:
    It has a multi-player mode.

edited December 2017
    Iselin said:
    Yes. I have 4 profiles and keep trying different party set-ups. My favorite so far is the Red Prince as a Knight with a dash of Polymoph. Sebille as backstabbing rogue with some necro, Beast as a water/air/summoning healer and Myself as a human fire/eath wizard.

When I fought Alexander with that group I teleported him right smack in the middle of my party after he cast his fire storm on them... he didn't last long :)
    I have so many profiles NOW that I lost count!   lol So many combinations to do and different conversation arcs.

One thing though the amount of money you earn will be difficult to support 6 characters unless you steal. I don't steal at all despite playing a scoundrel class because I think for me at least it trivializes the game as far as what skillbooks you can own at a certain level is concerned. I am already annoying everyone by collected buckets and shells "rubbish".
    Tokken
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    @MrMelGibson ; That is an interesting mod . Adding 6 will definitely make the game way too easy so upping the difficulty is a must. Thanks for the suggestion but for now I'm enjoying playing two profiles but after looking at the Tidalist and Death Knight builds I may create one more profile.

It is not just  that each encounter handles differently the AI also takes different paths to get to you making the game vastly replayable.
    Damn you!  Now I started a new game in D:OS2 lol.  Actually, all jokes aside thanks.  I needed an excuse to play it again :smile:
    cheyane said:
    One thing though the amount of money you earn will be difficult to support 6 characters unless you steal. I don't steal at all despite playing a scoundrel class because I think for me at least it trivializes the game as far as what skillbooks you can own at a certain level is concerned. I am already annoying everyone by collected buckets and shells "rubbish".
    I steal everything in game.  The best way to steal is to have one of your characters talk to the NPC in the room.  Keep the conversation box open and click on a different party member.  That NPC will be locked in that conversation and direction.  Then pilfer your heart out :wink:
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited December 2017
    Personally wasn't very happy with this game (story wise). Its like, so many people liked Witcher 3...but...combat sucked in Witcher 3 and it kinda ruined the game since it wasn't fun to play. Plus I always play females in games, and Witcher 3 had no character customization at all...which ruins the RPG part. The story was good yeah, but I don't play games for just story. If the game is only good for story, I'll watch it instead. Granted, the story in Witcher is pretty amazing...kudos for that...I watched an entire let's play of witcher 1/2/3 and it was awesome. Like watching an interactive visual book. Not fun to play, but amazing to watch.

Anyway, this game has the opposite problem. Combat is amazing, AI is great...but...didn't like the story in this game at all. Seemed worse than the typical bioware story. Its fun to PLAY, but so easy to ignore the story that I don't really even remember the storyline since I rushed through it.

Got my moneys worth out of it though, but seemed way overhyped. I can see why so many like Witcher 3, voice acting/story/graphics great in that. ..But as for divinity 2, the story...felt way too much like Bioware made the storyline to me lol. I thought I was playing a Bioware game but with better gameplay and combat xD

I'm happy with my purchase though, and it was FUN to PLAY so it gets that over Witcher. But the story was sure meh. I don't think I even remember any of it, but I do remember having fun with combat and gameplay.
    MrMelGibson

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul