Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Miniguns Update Launches Today with Elin Gunner - TERA - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMiniguns Update Launches Today with Elin Gunner - TERA - MMORPG.com

TERA News - En Masse Entertainment is updating TERA today with the Miniguns content expansion. Among other things, players will be able to get started playing the new Elin Gunner. In addition, it brings in the hard mode for TERA's RK-9 Kennel as well as a game-wide leveling event that will run through January 2nd.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited November 2017
    MadFrenchiePhry
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'd go back to TERA if bluehole ever made any content that was non-elin or non-female. They have put zero effort in for male characters. So they obviously don't care about my wallet or anyone else who feels like me. So TERA is on my pay no mind list now.
    [Deleted User]marganculosBlaze_RockerDeadSpock
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Torval said:

I'd go back to TERA if bluehole ever made any content that was non-elin or non-female. They have put zero effort in for male characters. So they obviously don't care about my wallet or anyone else who feels like me. So TERA is on my pay no mind list now.

The design and feel of the game feels a lot different now than at launch. I don't mind gender or race based classes but I like a variety and they're not doing that.

I think it would take more than a non-female class to get me back into the game at this point. There a lot more options for action-oriented combat now too so it has competition in that respect as well.

Gender/Race Locking 'cuts costs and speeds up content development time' according to devs that do it, which translates into: lazy. Hume male monk is reportedly coming after elin gunner and monk is pretty good if you like tanking and melee.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Ah TERA, cotton candy of the video game world.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited December 2017

Male brawlers will eventually be released. As a girl who games, I don't mind the Elin; I know that the race can come off as a bit sickening when you see a dozen of them in the starting area, but I remember playing games that only offered beefy male characters, which made me feel the same way that you feel about the Elin. When the male brawler is released in Tera, I won't be playing him, for example.
    Post edited by Allerleirauh on
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    edited December 2017
    Yes, a "zero effort" male Brawler is on the way, so the only working on female options complaint will lose traction to some degree at that point.

This is an option that has been requested for awhile, so it will make those that wish to play elin Gunners happy without being a bother otherwise.

If I was going to search for something to complain about it would be random chance lockboxes for cosmetic footprints being added to the mix.

But really, that's just one more box being chucked on a rather large pile.
  • LilithMLilithM Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I play the game again when there is something to do for a solo player like myself. But the devs only make group content so that will never happen.
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I'd consider going back if the end-game had any other content besides RNG "enchanting."  Those systems are old, tired, and reward only (a) the supremely lucky or (b) the kids with mom's credit card.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033

Male brawlers will eventually be released. As a girl who games, I don't mind the Elin; I know that the race can come off as a bit sickening when you see a dozen of them in the starting area, but I remember playing games that only offered beefy male characters, which made me feel the same way that you feel about the Elin. When the male brawler is released in Tera, I won't be playing him, for example.
    I completely understand.  My wife and I play mmos together and I always want the option for both male and female avatars so we are both happy.  As @Torval said, i dont mind that much if there is a female only class as long as they offer a mix of both.  From what I've seen Black Desert seems to be good with this.  While Tera has only gotten female classes since launch.  Not a single male class. 

I will not support a lazy developer like Bluehole when they pull this shit.  I would feel the same if they only released male only classes.  
    [Deleted User]