Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players Help Raise Over $3,500 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - TERA - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlayers Help Raise Over $3,500 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - TERA - MMORPG.com

TERA News - En Masse Entertainment has wrapped up its Pink Power Bundle sale in TERA, a special collection of goodies designed to raise funds for the Breast Cancer Research Center. Throughout the length of the sale, players helped raise over $3,500 that will be sent to the foundation.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    Not a knock to the money being raised by any means since any money dedicated to causes like this are always good, but it does seem a little light given how big the community is supposed to be in this game compared to other f2p titles. Could just be low sales but could also be the percentage cuts being small (assume 100% of the profits aren't being donated). Alas, its more money than SE has donated (publicly), so that's always good too.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited November 2017
    I'm guessing low sales, though I think 100% went to the foundation. Still...as a survivor, it all matters. :)
    AlbatroesEponyxDamor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Now, if we could only get Chris Roberts to tie ship or land sales to a charitable cause we'd likely see millions raised. 

;)
    forcelima

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2017

SBFord said:

I'm guessing low sales, though I think 100% went to the foundation. Still...as a survivor, it all matters. :)

Lol I put the awesome more for being a cancer survivor vs the response about my post. But yea I agree, every bit helps. Its still leaving a bad taste in my mouth how WB tried to profit off the death or someone and "Lord British" profiting off of his mother who died to cancer I believe, through that shell of a game.
    SBFord
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    dunno about u guys but in my country is like that too , all about "females issues" none about male cancers (that kill more ppl than breast cancer afaik ) , not that i dont want more $$$ for that cancer, my grandma died because of that but its looks unfair.

SlyLoKIwaylo
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited November 2017
    I would propose that the low sales have to do with the items offered. All of the items that they were selling are easily attainable through the auction hall. Now, if they offered an exclusive item, the sales might have been better.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    $3,500 nobody will ever see again.

Also shows how pathetic EME's community is now, and they deserve it. Quickly became a terrible company that nobody should support anymore as I learned first hand, even if it is for a charity.
    I would propose that the low sales have to do with the items offered. All of the items that they were selling are easily attainable through the auction hall. Now, if they offered an exclusive item, the sales might have been better.
    I would agree. Blizzard does this (I think is currently doing this with one of their pets) and gives 100% of that particular item's value to charity.
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    aaah so thats why those little females have no breasts
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2017
    Glad to see charity money going to cancer research. Any amount counts.

With that said, i have to agree with some users. A little light on the donations there. Don't expect most of the freeloaders to support charity either. They want F2P games for a reason.

Just look at how much money Blizz raises on WoW pets for charities and WoW isn't Free.

People who are not willing to pay for a game are not willing to pay for charity related to that game.