Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game looks like it's just gonna be another Entropia Universe

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
Just my opinion based on how everything about this screams give me lots of money for digital content. I was excited about it at first, but the more I see and read about it I think it's gonna be a hard pass. Unless someone can show me how I don't need to invest 10's of thousands in this game for it not to be a suck fest to play.
SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I don't think the business model will be as harsh as Entropia U but I dont think that once the game launches they will be able to keep afloat on just ship sales.

On one hand you have the fans saying everything can be earned in the game and that something like a connie will easily be earned in three months of game time but if that is the case, how are ship sales going to support a company with over 400 employees and offices in 4 different countries?

My personal opinion (and I am frequently wrong) is they will add a subscription fee to the game but it will be optional and give you faster insurance payouts, more inventory and bank space and such. 
    Shiner219
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nah Entropia has little content,mostly about RMT,SC will be ONLY about pvp and cash shop,well cash shop is the same as RMT,only the developer is running the rmt.

We are seeing this everywhere,several pay wall gimmicks surround all games to attain more money than their games are worth.
    There should not be one single ship for sale EVER,the integrity of the game and the business is lost,this is simply a cash shop game,nothing more.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2017
    Yeah, its shaping up to be the same kinda game in terms of payments.

Paying huge amounts of money for ships
    paying now for land (which is an actual entropia mechanic)
    What is next?

I mean...on top of that..entropia kinda does most of what star citizen wants to do lol. Except the payment system is shit (its way worse than star citizen could ever do lol) so its a super niche MMO for gamblers only. 

Also...

People complain about pay to win in archeage, and even BDO...but now fans of said games call it "pay for convenience"...different word...same thing. And EA's battlefront 2 got super hated on, but star citizen gets a pass? 

I bet if star citizen had EA as a publisher, it would get FAR more hate for these pay to win mechanics...or...sorry...pay for "convenience" mechanics.
    MaxBacon

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2017
    No, it's not another Entropia Universe. By no stretch of the imagination.

Only people who don't know what they are talking about like the poster above me would state that.

People misinform a lot rewarding how the business model of Star Citizen is. And it's not any different from what you find in most MMO's.

As a matter of fact, Star Citizen announced revenue model is less harsh than what you find in some MMO's, Star Citizen does not put features, gameplay or in-game stuff behind forced paywalls, giving from the core of the whole point here, the ability to get through gameplay what you see now them selling.
    edited November 2017
    TheScavenger said:
    And EA's battlefront 2 got super hated on, but star citizen gets a pass? 
    lol.

You try to compare what can't be compared. EA makes you pay for a CHANCE to get something you want for in gambling.

Star Citizen does nothing MMO's haven't done for well over a decade: Microtransactions for in-game items, and in SC that follows the EvE method, currency.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    MaxBacon said:
    No, it's not another Entropia Universe. By no stretch of the imagination.

Only people who don't know what they are talking about like the poster above me would state that.

People misinform a lot rewarding how the business model of Star Citizen is. And it's not any different from what you find in most MMO's.

As a matter of fact, Star Citizen announced revenue model is less harsh than what you find in some MMO's, Star Citizen does not put features, gameplay or in-game stuff behind forced paywalls, giving from the core of the whole point here, the ability to get through gameplay what you see now them selling.
    So you can earn game money or items and sell for the secondary currency to purchase land and ships? The question I have is how long does it take to acquire enough for conversion? I can make what would be equal to $30.00 worth of gems in the form of gold in a game like GW2 in half a day. EVE it's a bit harder to earn ISK to buy PLEX if you are fairly new, so should one expect this to be some where in between?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Tiller said:
    So you can earn game money or items and sell for the secondary currency to purchase land and ships? The question I have is how long does it take to acquire enough for conversion? I can make what would be equal to $30.00 worth of gems in the form of gold in a game like GW2 in half a day. EVE it's a bit harder to earn ISK to buy PLEX if you are fairly new, so should one expect this to be some where in between? 
    It'a a single currency, think of it like EvE, you can buy it, you can earn it, just that you aren't converting premium to in-game currency and vice-versa.

I would look for more the terms of EvE on how much valuation you get out of your time, but that is speculation. Though we all know when it comes to metagaming people will find ways to get the most profit out of time through late-game.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    I was surprised Entropia universe got as far as it har.....ALl I remember was doing group sweating and like one or two players would have ammo to kill the things if they got out of hand.....