Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen starts selling land today. Nov. 28 2017

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Looking forward for them to start selling .... yes! You guess it : Planets !

Then of course , Stars , Universes , Etc 
    JamesGoblinYashaX

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    What a joke!  Battlefront 2 gets crapped on for their loot boxes and this crap gets passes from all the fanbois.
    YashaXforcelimaScotchUp
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    So that 500km diameter moon ought to be good for 2.5 million USD or so.
    YashaX

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Azmodeus said:
    What a joke!  Battlefront 2 gets crapped on for their loot boxes and this crap gets passes from all the fanbois.
    They wouldn't get that crapped on if they had microtransactions where people knew what they were buying instead of gambling for it lol

Also, talking here about things you can earn playing the game, not a feature behind a paywall. 
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    MaxBacon said:
    This is no longer different than Planet Entopia. Which btw also has space travel, ship mechanics and various planets you can go to.

A core difference actually.
    The difference between forcing you to pay to get to play with it, or being able to earn it.

I remember Entropia selling land claims for 1k$ each, there's no earning that playing the game lol
    So you can buy the land claim thingy with ingame money in SC right now? Otherwise that's some lolzy double standard.
    Nilden
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Azmodeus said:
    wow! a bit over the top on victimhood I hope not

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2017
    So that 500km diameter moon ought to be good for 2.5 million USD or so.
    1.471.875 $ if you wanna buy it all.

Go ahead ... ;-)

Lemme calculate .. Jupiter has 69 known moons at the moment ... there may be some more space for you to buy. Diameters range from around 5 km to 3100 km.

Have fun
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    So....

this is turning more and more pay to win.

Or these days is it actually called ...

Pay for convenience

So not only can you buy a bunch of ships, now you can buy land too.

This is no longer different than Planet Entopia. Which btw also has space travel, ship mechanics and various planets you can go to.

...or Greed Monger.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    So you can buy the land claim thingy with ingame money in SC right now? Otherwise that's some lolzy double standard.
    You can't have it for paid money right now either. It's a "to-be". You can check the FAQ it states there, when the mechanic comes online will be for everyone, who buys with UEC and who bought with cash.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm not bothered that they're doing this. It's just hilarious they're doing it after already raising 160+ Mil.  :o

The C-title executives at Cloud Imperium every weekend:

JeffSpicoliNildenYashaX
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm not bothered that they're doing this. It's just hilarious they're doing it after already raising 160+ Mil.  :o

Because it works ?

DING !

168 M$ (168,145,566 $)

Have fun

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited November 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    You can't have it for paid money right now either. It's a "to-be". You can check the FAQ it states there, when the mechanic comes online will be for everyone, who buys with UEC and who bought with cash.
    hmm, to me it kinda feels like, whats the point of adding at this moment in time? I don't see it as P2W, find it funny people keep trying to claim that, but to me it just seems like an unnecessary addition and that as it's not usable now, makes me further think that, why not let them just earn it at launch then?

Not saying; 'omg the skies falling', just, whats the point? The ships/others were fine imho
    >>> just, whats the point? >>>

Getting money for SC development would be my guess  ;-)

Have fun
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Although I understand how they are balancing this I have to say that this is a horrendously bad idea on CIG's part. This is going to haunt them for the rest of the time this game is in development. No game that has tried this has ever gotten over the damage it's done to their image with the average gamer. I can only see this seriously putting people off of SC no matter how they try to spin it. Bad move CIG...Bad move!

Now don't think I'm turning into a full critic because I'm not but the average person looking at this is just not going to look beyond the surface. This is going to hurt them in the long run as those people who were on the fence about this game just got pushed over to the wrong side of that fence by this one really stupid move on CIG's part.

Bren
    Octagon7711Herase

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Erillion said:

Because it works ?

DING !

168 M$ (168,145,566 $)

Have fun

Well I want to be down with upper management who fleece the cult members, not the plebs who re-preach the word of Citizentology on forums and don't get the cocaine, yachts and strippers. 

Take me to your leader. Let's get this thing to half a billi!  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited November 2017
    P.S. How much for an asteroid and can I PVP it into other peoples planets (if they sell those too)? Also I need pricing for something like the Death Star.
    YashaX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Erillion said:
    This is absolutely retarded. What a freaking money grab. 
    Or you read their disclaimer:

"Please Note: These claim licenses are being made available for pledging to help fund Star Citizen’s development. The ability to obtain these claim licenses will ultimately be available for in-game credits and/or otherwise earnable through play in the game. Pledging for these claim licenses now allows us to include deeper features in the Star Citizen game, and is not required for starting the game."

Absolutely no one forces anyone to get such a claim NOW unless the person wants to support the project that way.

Have fun
    Ah, raising more money to pay for additional "gold plating"

When, if ever are the features "deep enough" I wonder?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

So a Corp that buys ten of these each could probably claim a rather large area in hours.
    A large, well funded alliance could buy a great deal of land.

Looking forward to seeing "Planet Goons" one day.

;)
    Octagon7711

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Just sickening the level of deception this business is pulling.

It was onl ya matter of time,more and more and more cash shop,no game but lots of cash shop.

Either Chris Roberts is a brilliant scammer or there are just lots of dumb gamer's.

Yeah good idea,let's support the buying of virtual items that you never actually own...EVER and NEVER will own.
    forcelima

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Erillion said:
    So a Corp that buys ten of these each could probably claim a rather large area in hours.
    You consider a 4x4 km or 8 x 8 km area large compared to the size of a planet or moon ?

Let me help you.

Earth .. diameter 12756 km ... Surface Area of Earth ... pi times Diameter squared ... You could have 7.983.231 such 8 x 8 km land claims ... on ONE planet alone.

Have fun
    Ah, but here on earth there is clearly desirable land with many perks, and some areas virtually unihabited.

Expect the same to be true here in some regard.

You know if players in EVE could buy land prices in Jita would be astronomical.

Assuming the Goons or PL didn't buy it all just to F with people.
    Redemp

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    SotA in space.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    Erillion said:
    Will I have an advantage over other players if I buy a claim license now?

No. Licenses can be bought for UEC in game and no one will be able to claim land before the mechanic is available in game for all. People that own claim licenses now, during the anniversary sale to support development, and people that earn the money in-game to buy one will be on equal footing assuming they have enough UEC, especially as there will be millions of locations for people to explore and claim within the Universe over the life time of the game.

If it was that easy to have non-instanced presumably customizable persistent housing available to all without the servers exploding, I imagine more MMORPGs would have housing by now, and those that already do would have more of it instead of all those shortages.

Fortunately for CiG, they won't actually need that much housing space because as a full open PvP game that even allows others to attack your interests while you're offline, the game's not going to be bigger than niche anyways.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Land

Erillion

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Anyone who has played 3.0 know's that this is the perfect move. Massive play areas can only be properly populated by players ala SWG.

I recommend everyone to buy at least 10 parcels. Do it.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    first ships now land?  I'm gonna laugh at all the ppl who buy into this... and then the game doesn't come out. I hope it does though.
    laxie

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!