Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, Where Are YOU on Net Neutrality?

11415161719

Comments

  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    edited December 2017
    It doesn't look like you've quite figured it out yet so I'll give you a little heads up here, the internet is where your castrated shit pushed in leftist ideology goes to die, unless you're on facebook or twitter or some lame shit like that. Get used to it babygirl.
    Okay, so I guess you don't want to contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.  Noted.
    I already won the thread. No idea what you're on about son.
    You've won nothing, and until you address the actual issue that's what's your opinions are worth: nothing.
    Oh this suddenly turned into 'I know you are but what am I' that's about as far as I figured a CNN slurp junkie cringe hole would be able to get into the discussion. Won the thread 1+ pages ago, deal with it swine.
    Like I said, nothing worthwhile to say so far.  But I'll keep reading.  You might surprise me.
    I know you'll keep reading because you're the kinda slut that needs to slither up next to a winner.
    Hey @TheScavenger .  This is what triggered looks like.  Just fyi.
    100%. You got 7 more years to sit there with your vibe humming up your ass while you whine about Trump, heal slut.

    Posting ancient memes? lol Yup triggered af.
    FlyByKnight
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    It doesn't look like you've quite figured it out yet so I'll give you a little heads up here, the internet is where your castrated shit pushed in leftist ideology goes to die, unless you're on facebook or twitter or some lame shit like that. Get used to it babygirl.
    Okay, so I guess you don't want to contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.  Noted.
    I already won the thread. No idea what you're on about son.
    You've won nothing, and until you address the actual issue that's what's your opinions are worth: nothing.
    Oh this suddenly turned into 'I know you are but what am I' that's about as far as I figured a CNN slurp junkie cringe hole would be able to get into the discussion. Won the thread 1+ pages ago, deal with it swine.
    Like I said, nothing worthwhile to say so far.  But I'll keep reading.  You might surprise me.
    I know you'll keep reading because you're the kinda slut that needs to slither up next to a winner.
    Yep .... still nothing.  I'm pretty sure you do have something to say that's actually rooted in logic and based on reason.  I'm just waiting for you to say it.  Take your time.  I know it's hard for people like yourself.

    You're still talking. My pants are staying zipped in the upright position, don't know why your mouth is open.
    FlyByKnight
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,025
    It doesn't look like you've quite figured it out yet so I'll give you a little heads up here, the internet is where your castrated shit pushed in leftist ideology goes to die, unless you're on facebook or twitter or some lame shit like that. Get used to it babygirl.
    Okay, so I guess you don't want to contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.  Noted.
    I already won the thread. No idea what you're on about son.
    You've won nothing, and until you address the actual issue that's what's your opinions are worth: nothing.
    Oh this suddenly turned into 'I know you are but what am I' that's about as far as I figured a CNN slurp junkie cringe hole would be able to get into the discussion. Won the thread 1+ pages ago, deal with it swine.
    Like I said, nothing worthwhile to say so far.  But I'll keep reading.  You might surprise me.
    I know you'll keep reading because you're the kinda slut that needs to slither up next to a winner.
    Hey @TheScavenger .  This is what triggered looks like.  Just fyi.
    100%. You got 7 more years to sit there with your vibe humming up your ass while you whine about Trump, heal slut.

    Posting ancient memes? lol Yup triggered af.
    Thanks for proving my point princess.
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Cleffy said:
    I don't mind the censorship private companies engage in. I do mind when the federal government censors content.
    Well that's exactly what the Obama administration would have liked to have done towards the latter part of this past election cycle. Hillary even hinted at it, wanting to shut down Breitbart 4Chan and others. Fringe sites and online media outlets were catastrophic to her campaign. Had she been elected it would've went in the opposite direction and existing policy expanded on to enable the government to make it as difficult as possible for people who operate sites like these. Trump takes the position to do away with as much big government regulations as he can get away with, across the board. He isn't targeting net neutrality specifically.

    This whole manufactured outrage about what ISP's can theoretically do now is just pissing in the wind. The vast majority of Americans are against the theoretical evil ISP's 'might' do if they aren't governed. And since their main concern is offering a palatable product that is deterrent enough against doing it. There is nothing to deter big government from infringing on your rights though, any time they take a step back, it's a step in the right direction.
    in regards to the quote "Fringe sites and online media outlets were catastrophic to her campaign"...

    in before "but muh russia narrative" for hillary losing...pretty much nothing big or important came out of that lol. 

    In california, I saw TONS of bernie bumper stickers and over the election period saw a total of 3 hillary bumper stickers. That had nothing to do with Russia lol, people just didn't like hillary. Bernie would have had a much higher chance of winning as he had much higher support

    I guess people forgot what the internet was like before obama's regulations. Making a big nothing burger out of removing regulations.


    "Dunno what net neutrality or whatever its called even is. dont care either. "
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469937/so-where-are-you-on-net-neutrality/p8#zkgtyLpzVoWLGluR.99

    You literally just said this on page 8 and now you're an expert on the topic?  I'm guessing you heard something "Obama or Hillary" and started foaming at the mouth.  Typical right winger.
    triggered. 

    Also, resulting to insults and unable to properly argue back. 
    Calling you out is not being triggered.  Also calling a spade a spade is not name calling.  Nice try though.  I'm sure "snowflake" is the next buzz word you'll reply with.


    This is you. "I'm completely ignorant to the topic, but I'll give my expert advice because Hillary's emails" lol.

    still haven't seen an argument, just insults. Keep trying though. Maybe give me another LOL? Or a WTF? Thanks for that :) Waiting to get that next MMORPG.com rank.
    I'm not sure if you're in character or not but whatever it is you're trying to present is pretty dimwitted and daft. You've said some pretty grade A embarrassingly silly s#!% in this thread and were too slow or distracted to realize when someone is replying to the foolishness sarcastically.

    Outside of you specifically, I pretty much begged everybody to not invoke people who aren't in office or Covfefe for that matter and focus more on Ajit Pai who is directly responsible.

    Typical fashion some red hat yahoo enters the thread invoking Obama and Hillary, then shouts "triggered" or starts playing victim when they rightfully get clowned.

    Idealogues aren't salvageable, they rightfully get slapped in the face and chased back to their corners. This isn't possible on a forum so how about we all stay on how Comcast/Verizon/AT&T and other ISPs are going to self police themselves with the help of a former Verizon attorney running the FCC.
    Starting a thread doesn't mean you get to dictate the terms of it lad, if you think so you're welcome to fuck off back to your safe space. If you're ignoring the fact that the current presidential administration is the cause of this and also the reasons why they're doing it, and also the vastly more awful things that could've happened to freedom of speech on the internet had your demented cackling hag been somehow elected to office, then you've really missed the whole context and you're just peddling in conspiracy theories that carry no real weight.

    Also lol at the leftist scum posturing. The only people getting clowned here are tryhards like yourself who don't have an actual response to the reasoning so have to plead (oh you said beg) for others not to take the conversation down a path that is damning to your position because you don't have a response nor skin thick enough to handle it. Do sit down lightweight before you hurt yourself.

    The only thing not salvageable here is your self respect after I just shit all over your mewling punchless rhetoric so hard. Do fuck off you sawed off little cunt.


    I'm not affiliated with any political party. All you did was rant like a mentally disturbed ninny who lives in a plywood shack.

    The discussion is Net Neutrality not the blithering of simpletons who can't survive or think beyond the bubble of Hazzard County.

    I'm willing to take bets this person cries about his liberty and freedoms being taken away by the tyrannical mods when they come to clean up this mess.  :D
    I'm willing to bet you spanked your own ass no less than 20+ times reading the verbal abuse I just subjected you to, you little abuse pig you. ^_^

    Next time, just ask me nicely not to destroy your stupid little world. The begging was a nice start, lets get some more of that subtrash.
    FlyByKnightAvarix
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    It doesn't look like you've quite figured it out yet so I'll give you a little heads up here, the internet is where your castrated shit pushed in leftist ideology goes to die, unless you're on facebook or twitter or some lame shit like that. Get used to it babygirl.
    Okay, so I guess you don't want to contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.  Noted.
    I already won the thread. No idea what you're on about son.
    You've won nothing, and until you address the actual issue that's what's your opinions are worth: nothing.
    Oh this suddenly turned into 'I know you are but what am I' that's about as far as I figured a CNN slurp junkie cringe hole would be able to get into the discussion. Won the thread 1+ pages ago, deal with it swine.
    Like I said, nothing worthwhile to say so far.  But I'll keep reading.  You might surprise me.
    I know you'll keep reading because you're the kinda slut that needs to slither up next to a winner.
    Hey @TheScavenger .  This is what triggered looks like.  Just fyi.
    100%. You got 7 more years to sit there with your vibe humming up your ass while you whine about Trump, heal slut.

    Posting ancient memes? lol Yup triggered af.
    Thanks for proving my point princess.
    Looks like I already burned through your top grade material there stutterfuck if this is how you're defending yourself these days. Do you need a spell to sort yourself out? You were almost coherent there for a second...now it's all 'gluk gluk gluk'.
    FlyByKnight
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Cleffy said:
    I don't mind the censorship private companies engage in. I do mind when the federal government censors content.
    Well that's exactly what the Obama administration would have liked to have done towards the latter part of this past election cycle. Hillary even hinted at it, wanting to shut down Breitbart 4Chan and others. Fringe sites and online media outlets were catastrophic to her campaign. Had she been elected it would've went in the opposite direction and existing policy expanded on to enable the government to make it as difficult as possible for people who operate sites like these. Trump takes the position to do away with as much big government regulations as he can get away with, across the board. He isn't targeting net neutrality specifically.

    This whole manufactured outrage about what ISP's can theoretically do now is just pissing in the wind. The vast majority of Americans are against the theoretical evil ISP's 'might' do if they aren't governed. And since their main concern is offering a palatable product that is deterrent enough against doing it. There is nothing to deter big government from infringing on your rights though, any time they take a step back, it's a step in the right direction.
    in regards to the quote "Fringe sites and online media outlets were catastrophic to her campaign"...

    in before "but muh russia narrative" for hillary losing...pretty much nothing big or important came out of that lol. 

    In california, I saw TONS of bernie bumper stickers and over the election period saw a total of 3 hillary bumper stickers. That had nothing to do with Russia lol, people just didn't like hillary. Bernie would have had a much higher chance of winning as he had much higher support

    I guess people forgot what the internet was like before obama's regulations. Making a big nothing burger out of removing regulations.


    "Dunno what net neutrality or whatever its called even is. dont care either. "
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469937/so-where-are-you-on-net-neutrality/p8#zkgtyLpzVoWLGluR.99

    You literally just said this on page 8 and now you're an expert on the topic?  I'm guessing you heard something "Obama or Hillary" and started foaming at the mouth.  Typical right winger.
    triggered. 

    Also, resulting to insults and unable to properly argue back. 
    Calling you out is not being triggered.  Also calling a spade a spade is not name calling.  Nice try though.  I'm sure "snowflake" is the next buzz word you'll reply with.


    This is you. "I'm completely ignorant to the topic, but I'll give my expert advice because Hillary's emails" lol.

    still haven't seen an argument, just insults. Keep trying though. Maybe give me another LOL? Or a WTF? Thanks for that :) Waiting to get that next MMORPG.com rank.
    I'm not sure if you're in character or not but whatever it is you're trying to present is pretty dimwitted and daft. You've said some pretty grade A embarrassingly silly s#!% in this thread and were too slow or distracted to realize when someone is replying to the foolishness sarcastically.

    Outside of you specifically, I pretty much begged everybody to not invoke people who aren't in office or Covfefe for that matter and focus more on Ajit Pai who is directly responsible.

    Typical fashion some red hat yahoo enters the thread invoking Obama and Hillary, then shouts "triggered" or starts playing victim when they rightfully get clowned.

    Idealogues aren't salvageable, they rightfully get slapped in the face and chased back to their corners. This isn't possible on a forum so how about we all stay on how Comcast/Verizon/AT&T and other ISPs are going to self police themselves with the help of a former Verizon attorney running the FCC.
    Starting a thread doesn't mean you get to dictate the terms of it lad, if you think so you're welcome to fuck off back to your safe space. If you're ignoring the fact that the current presidential administration is the cause of this and also the reasons why they're doing it, and also the vastly more awful things that could've happened to freedom of speech on the internet had your demented cackling hag been somehow elected to office, then you've really missed the whole context and you're just peddling in conspiracy theories that carry no real weight.

    Also lol at the leftist scum posturing. The only people getting clowned here are tryhards like yourself who don't have an actual response to the reasoning so have to plead (oh you said beg) for others not to take the conversation down a path that is damning to your position because you don't have a response nor skin thick enough to handle it. Do sit down lightweight before you hurt yourself.

    The only thing not salvageable here is your self respect after I just shit all over your mewling punchless rhetoric so hard. Do fuck off you sawed off little cunt.


    I'm not affiliated with any political party. All you did was rant like a mentally disturbed ninny who lives in a plywood shack.

    The discussion is Net Neutrality not the blithering of simpletons who can't survive or think beyond the bubble of Hazzard County.

    I'm willing to take bets this person cries about his liberty and freedoms being taken away by the tyrannical mods when they come to clean up this mess.  :D
    I'm willing to bet you spanked your own ass no less than 20+ times reading the verbal abuse I just subjected you to, you little abuse pig you. ^_^

    Next time, just ask me nicely not to destroy your stupid little world. The begging was a nice start, lets get some more of that subtrash.
    Whatever you say comrade.

    MrMelGibson
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    It doesn't look like you've quite figured it out yet so I'll give you a little heads up here, the internet is where your castrated shit pushed in leftist ideology goes to die, unless you're on facebook or twitter or some lame shit like that. Get used to it babygirl.
    Okay, so I guess you don't want to contribute anything worthwhile to the discussion.  Noted.
    I already won the thread. No idea what you're on about son.
    You've won nothing, and until you address the actual issue that's what's your opinions are worth: nothing.
    Oh this suddenly turned into 'I know you are but what am I' that's about as far as I figured a CNN slurp junkie cringe hole would be able to get into the discussion. Won the thread 1+ pages ago, deal with it swine.
    Like I said, nothing worthwhile to say so far.  But I'll keep reading.  You might surprise me.
    I know you'll keep reading because you're the kinda slut that needs to slither up next to a winner.
    Yep .... still nothing.  I'm pretty sure you do have something to say that's actually rooted in logic and based on reason.  I'm just waiting for you to say it.  Take your time.  I know it's hard for people like yourself.

    You're still talking. My pants are staying zipped in the upright position, don't know why your mouth is open.
    Still waiting
    I'm still waiting for that concession speech. It's just like democrats not to accept the outcome of a public thread. I win, mission accomplished. Stay mad slobberfag.
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Cleffy said:
    I don't mind the censorship private companies engage in. I do mind when the federal government censors content.
    Well that's exactly what the Obama administration would have liked to have done towards the latter part of this past election cycle. Hillary even hinted at it, wanting to shut down Breitbart 4Chan and others. Fringe sites and online media outlets were catastrophic to her campaign. Had she been elected it would've went in the opposite direction and existing policy expanded on to enable the government to make it as difficult as possible for people who operate sites like these. Trump takes the position to do away with as much big government regulations as he can get away with, across the board. He isn't targeting net neutrality specifically.

    This whole manufactured outrage about what ISP's can theoretically do now is just pissing in the wind. The vast majority of Americans are against the theoretical evil ISP's 'might' do if they aren't governed. And since their main concern is offering a palatable product that is deterrent enough against doing it. There is nothing to deter big government from infringing on your rights though, any time they take a step back, it's a step in the right direction.
    in regards to the quote "Fringe sites and online media outlets were catastrophic to her campaign"...

    in before "but muh russia narrative" for hillary losing...pretty much nothing big or important came out of that lol. 

    In california, I saw TONS of bernie bumper stickers and over the election period saw a total of 3 hillary bumper stickers. That had nothing to do with Russia lol, people just didn't like hillary. Bernie would have had a much higher chance of winning as he had much higher support

    I guess people forgot what the internet was like before obama's regulations. Making a big nothing burger out of removing regulations.


    "Dunno what net neutrality or whatever its called even is. dont care either. "
    Read more at http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469937/so-where-are-you-on-net-neutrality/p8#zkgtyLpzVoWLGluR.99

    You literally just said this on page 8 and now you're an expert on the topic?  I'm guessing you heard something "Obama or Hillary" and started foaming at the mouth.  Typical right winger.
    triggered. 

    Also, resulting to insults and unable to properly argue back. 
    Calling you out is not being triggered.  Also calling a spade a spade is not name calling.  Nice try though.  I'm sure "snowflake" is the next buzz word you'll reply with.


    This is you. "I'm completely ignorant to the topic, but I'll give my expert advice because Hillary's emails" lol.

    still haven't seen an argument, just insults. Keep trying though. Maybe give me another LOL? Or a WTF? Thanks for that :) Waiting to get that next MMORPG.com rank.
    I'm not sure if you're in character or not but whatever it is you're trying to present is pretty dimwitted and daft. You've said some pretty grade A embarrassingly silly s#!% in this thread and were too slow or distracted to realize when someone is replying to the foolishness sarcastically.

    Outside of you specifically, I pretty much begged everybody to not invoke people who aren't in office or Covfefe for that matter and focus more on Ajit Pai who is directly responsible.

    Typical fashion some red hat yahoo enters the thread invoking Obama and Hillary, then shouts "triggered" or starts playing victim when they rightfully get clowned.

    Idealogues aren't salvageable, they rightfully get slapped in the face and chased back to their corners. This isn't possible on a forum so how about we all stay on how Comcast/Verizon/AT&T and other ISPs are going to self police themselves with the help of a former Verizon attorney running the FCC.
    Starting a thread doesn't mean you get to dictate the terms of it lad, if you think so you're welcome to fuck off back to your safe space. If you're ignoring the fact that the current presidential administration is the cause of this and also the reasons why they're doing it, and also the vastly more awful things that could've happened to freedom of speech on the internet had your demented cackling hag been somehow elected to office, then you've really missed the whole context and you're just peddling in conspiracy theories that carry no real weight.

    Also lol at the leftist scum posturing. The only people getting clowned here are tryhards like yourself who don't have an actual response to the reasoning so have to plead (oh you said beg) for others not to take the conversation down a path that is damning to your position because you don't have a response nor skin thick enough to handle it. Do sit down lightweight before you hurt yourself.

    The only thing not salvageable here is your self respect after I just shit all over your mewling punchless rhetoric so hard. Do fuck off you sawed off little cunt.


    I'm not affiliated with any political party. All you did was rant like a mentally disturbed ninny who lives in a plywood shack.

    The discussion is Net Neutrality not the blithering of simpletons who can't survive or think beyond the bubble of Hazzard County.

    I'm willing to take bets this person cries about his liberty and freedoms being taken away by the tyrannical mods when they come to clean up this mess.  :D
    I'm willing to bet you spanked your own ass no less than 20+ times reading the verbal abuse I just subjected you to, you little abuse pig you. ^_^

    Next time, just ask me nicely not to destroy your stupid little world. The begging was a nice start, lets get some more of that subtrash.
    Whatever you say comrade.

    Atta girl, see I knew we'd simmer you down some. You was talkin all that good shit a page ago, servile bitch is looking pretty servile right now. Get owned.
    FlyByKnight
  • holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170


    lol@these male feminists responding to me this long. I'm glad I could provide some addition jerk off material so you don't just have to shamefap yourself to BBC porn while chanting black lives matter like any other normal day.
    FlyByKnightPhry
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Cleffy said:
     
     


     
     
     

     
     
     


    I'm not affiliated with any political party. All you did was rant like a mentally disturbed ninny who lives in a plywood shack.

    The discussion is Net Neutrality not the blithering of simpletons who can't survive or think beyond the bubble of Hazzard County.

    I'm willing to take bets this person cries about his liberty and freedoms being taken away by the tyrannical mods when they come to clean up this mess.  :D
    I'm willing to bet you spanked your own ass no less than 20+ times reading the verbal abuse I just subjected you to, you little abuse pig you. ^_^

    Next time, just ask me nicely not to destroy your stupid little world. The begging was a nice start, lets get some more of that subtrash.
    Whatever you say comrade.

    I'm white, I'm angry, I'm scared... and I can't fight.

    You know if you send me a PM we can say whatever we want to each other without the risk of getting banned or moderated. See you there tough guy.

    Back to Net Neutrality everyone else?
    YashaX
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Well that escalated fast lol. Looks like its true what they say.....avoid politics and/or religion when discussing things, as someone is going to get offended fast.

    On the topic of net neutrality, it was a bad mistake scrapping it and I hope that justice will prevail in the end. If not it will be a slow boil before things get worse, more than likely telecom companies will use their new formed powers to throttle those pirate streaming sites that make use of legal loopholes to test the water.

    Before you know it, they will then start hitting the legal services. They already done this before with Netflix, where in the end they had to pay a fee to stop it from happening. Which ended up costing the consumer more money as they upped their subscription price to cover the cost of it. Corporations are out to make money and without proper regulations they will use any tactic they can get away with to make as much as they can.

    The problem being is some area's do not have a choice of providers and if the one they use start throttling legit content then there is s.f.a. that they can do about it. 
    MrMelGibsonAsm0deus[Deleted User]AvarixdrivendawnYashaX
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    It's actually quite easy.

    How do I get "a market with little to no competition"/"reduced regulations" and "better services"/"lower prices" for end users into one equation. If you solve this riddle you know what you may expect in the future.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,245
    Scarran said:
    Well that escalated fast lol. Looks like its true what they say.....avoid politics and/or religion when discussing things, as someone is going to get offended fast.

    On the topic of net neutrality, it was a bad mistake scrapping it and I hope that justice will prevail in the end. If not it will be a slow boil before things get worse, more than likely telecom companies will use their new formed powers to throttle those pirate streaming sites that make use of legal loopholes to test the water.

    Before you know it, they will then start hitting the legal services. They already done this before with Netflix, where in the end they had to pay a fee to stop it from happening. Which ended up costing the consumer more money as they upped their subscription price to cover the cost of it. Corporations are out to make money and without proper regulations they will use any tactic they can get away with to make as much as they can.

    The problem being is some area's do not have a choice of providers and if the one they use start throttling legit content then there is s.f.a. that they can do about it. 
    People need to realize that the internet is used far too much in daily life now and is used more like a utility, I mean even up here in the rinky dink Canadian outback our schools/work communicate with us via email instead of paper.....

    Once you accept this you also need to accept that its unrealistic for small population areas, as in out in the country to have multiple companies running multiple cables...it's just not feasible which is why it is imperative for the government to force line sharing or LLU.

    If it is financially viable for Cogeco, Videotron and Bell to do it up here north of the border it's dang well feasible south of the border. 

    Since the CRTC has forced this our infrastructure has gotten better so has our package choices and our available choice of ISP has gone from one ISP per area to several.
    MrMelGibsonYashaX

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    "We win because we said so."

    See you in court.
    MrMelGibsonYashaX
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Great Googly Moogly people like @holdenfive make me embarrassed to be a (currently lapsed) Republican. Between 4Chan, Breitbart and Alex Jones I swear people are being paid to act this stupid.

    Yes the Alt-Left is just as bad I know. Trust me.

    On-topic: At this point I don't know how big this will really be in the long term. Seems we will have a few years to see any outcome.

    Asm0deusSomethingUnusual[Deleted User]MrMelGibsondrivendawnYashaX

    Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.


  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    bartoni33 said:
    Great Googly Moogly people like @holdenfive make me embarrassed to be a (currently lapsed) Republican. Between 4Chan, Breitbart and Alex Jones I swear people are being paid to act this stupid.

    Yes the Alt-Left is just as bad I know. Trust me.

    On-topic: At this point I don't know how big this will really be in the long term. Seems we will have a few years to see any outcome.

    Service providers are treading very lightly to avoid backlash on this. That will be enough to delay fine print contract changes for a long while. 

    And I'm in the boat with you on the sports team madness needs to stop. 
    It's like they stopped teaching civics in schools all of the sudden and everyone is just jumping on bandwagons "I'm right" "I'm left" Who cares? Everyone is treating everything as it must have an opposite. It's misinformed and ill educated non-sense. 
    MrMelGibson
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 73
    99% of people don't even know what Net Netruality IS...... learn what it is before you make a call folks, think for yourselves
  • SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    shawnpat said:
    99% of people don't even know what Net Netruality IS...... learn what it is before you make a call folks, think for yourselves
    Do you?
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    bartoni33 said:
    Great Googly Moogly people like @holdenfive make me embarrassed to be a (currently lapsed) Republican. Between 4Chan, Breitbart and Alex Jones I swear people are being paid to act this stupid.

    Yes the Alt-Left is just as bad I know. Trust me.

    On-topic: At this point I don't know how big this will really be in the long term. Seems we will have a few years to see any outcome.

    Service providers are treading very lightly to avoid backlash on this. That will be enough to delay fine print contract changes for a long while. 

    And I'm in the boat with you on the sports team madness needs to stop. 
    It's like they stopped teaching civics in schools all of the sudden and everyone is just jumping on bandwagons "I'm right" "I'm left" Who cares? Everyone is treating everything as it must have an opposite. It's misinformed and ill educated non-sense. 
    I put little faith in any business to not try to screw over the consumer but I do think that ISP's aren't going to go all 1984-censorship-is-golden on us. I'm OK with paying more for better service but will not stand for any censoring of what content I want to browse. I'm lucky though because I have at least 3 choices for ISP's in my area. Those even more rural areas than me (god help you :/) will have it worse.

    Yes, Black and/versus White is all that is being parroted nowadays. No Grey areas anymore unless you are talking about Dulce Base of course!
    SomethingUnusualMrMelGibsonPhry

    Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.


  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,890
    edited December 2017
    shawnpat said:
    99% of people don't even know what Net Netruality IS...... learn what it is before you make a call folks, think for yourselves
    Do you? Read through it yourself. It's 400 pages but you will be better educated in the end.

    https://www.scribd.com/doc/258494173/FCC-15-24A1#from_embed


    <snip>

    Threats to Internet openness remain today. The record reflects that broadband providers hold all the tools necessary to deceive consumers, degrade content,or disfavor the content that they don’t like.
    5
     The 2010 rules helped to deter such conduct while they were in effect. But, as Verizon frankly told the court at oral argument, but for the 2010 rules, it would be exploring agreements to charge certain content providers for priority service.
    6
     



    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2015/03/12/here-are-all-400-pages-of-the-fccs-net-neutrality-rules/?utm_term=.6a2278ca7b5c

    MrMelGibson
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,890
    edited December 2017
     

    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    xNIAx1 said:
    Stuff like this, voting for the presidents,voting for laws, yada yada yada. Never done any of it in my 33 years of living and nothing has ever affected me and neither will this. It's just something bored people can gossip over, people to make shirts,coffee mugs and bumper stickers to make money off of. 
    I wish I lived in whatever isolated part of bumberf#$% USA you live.
    drivendawnAvarix
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    bartoni33 said:
    bartoni33 said:
    Great Googly Moogly people like @holdenfive make me embarrassed to be a (currently lapsed) Republican. Between 4Chan, Breitbart and Alex Jones I swear people are being paid to act this stupid.

    Yes the Alt-Left is just as bad I know. Trust me.

    On-topic: At this point I don't know how big this will really be in the long term. Seems we will have a few years to see any outcome.

    Service providers are treading very lightly to avoid backlash on this. That will be enough to delay fine print contract changes for a long while. 

    And I'm in the boat with you on the sports team madness needs to stop. 
    It's like they stopped teaching civics in schools all of the sudden and everyone is just jumping on bandwagons "I'm right" "I'm left" Who cares? Everyone is treating everything as it must have an opposite. It's misinformed and ill educated non-sense. 
    I put little faith in any business to not try to screw over the consumer but I do think that ISP's aren't going to go all 1984-censorship-is-golden on us. I'm OK with paying more for better service but will not stand for any censoring of what content I want to browse. I'm lucky though because I have at least 3 choices for ISP's in my area. Those even more rural areas than me (god help you :/) will have it worse.

    Yes, Black and/versus White is all that is being parroted nowadays. No Grey areas anymore unless you are talking about Dulce Base of course!
    If you are against censorship then you must be infuriated by what Google, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook are doing, or are you only against certain things being 'censored', wrong think is a thing if you believe or are a fan of CNN, MSNBC, Huff post etc. that is.
    drivendawn
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    edited December 2017
    YashaX said:

    But as I said above, equally as bad as ISPs controlling things, is the government having control of the internet. As seen by Europe and Venezuela.

     1) Net Neutrality doesn't mean the government controls the internet; it helps keep the internet free from the meddling of govt or companies.
    2) Europe and Venezuela are nothing alike. I can only assume that you have been listening to too much Fox and Friends or similar propaganda.
    I have one warning on me for last statement I made about NN. How can you allow this topic to go on and allow only one side? There is no way to show what he said is wrong other than getting political.

    Post edited by ScotchUp on
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 10,217
    frostymug said:
    Short answer...


    Great post
    Phrydrivendawn
This discussion has been closed.