Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Damn Screenshot Simulator Ever

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Yeeeee a flying simulator with absolute nothing to do.
    Good job.

You've got to give them time, stop being so impatient.
    It's only been 5 years and it's only cost $164 million so far, Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly wasn't done for free.
    Well considering other space game franchises who have been going for 30+ years and haven't even been able to get their avatars out of their seats I'd say that CIG is doing quite good.

We have been fortunate to been able to use our legs to move around in Star Citizen for years now. From, Hangars, Vehicles, Cities, Space stations and now Planetary Bodies. All seamlessly without loading/black screens to boot. Nice and steady progress imo.

"One small step for ptu, one large step for Star Citizens"
    I'll choose actual gameplay over being able to get out of my seat and walk around and do almost nothing.
    Absolutely. I think that's one the reasons why Star Citizen generates so much hype.

By tackling multiple layers of gameplay like walking everywhere, eva'ing, the ability to get into other players ship's and steal them or multicrew them , 1rst Person Shooting with a wide range of weapons , multiple vehicles with dif. Strenghts ∆ Weakness's, the survival aspects, the handcrafted city hub's for doing business, picking up quests, shopping, or just socialize mixed within the vastitude of the procedural planets and the whole online universe just opens so many possibilities that the space sci-fi mmorpg nut's allways dreamed about.

Bless Sir. Roberts & CIG for making it possible. 
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.

It's only been 5 years and it's only cost $164 million so far, Rome wasn't built in a day and it certainly wasn't done for free.
    Well considering other space game franchises who have been going for 30+ years and haven't even been able to get their avatars out of their seats I'd say that CIG is doing quite good.

We have been fortunate to been able to use our legs to move around in Star Citizen for years now. From, Hangars, Vehicles, Cities, Space stations and now Planetary Bodies. All seamlessly without loading/black screens to boot. Nice and steady progress imo.

I'll choose actual gameplay over being able to get out of my seat and walk around and do almost nothing.
    Absolutely. I think that's one the reasons why Star Citizen generates so much hype.

By tackling multiple layers of gameplay like walking everywhere, eva'ing, the ability to get into other players ship's and steal them or multicrew them , 1rst Person Shooting with a wide range of weapons , multiple vehicles with dif. Strenghts ∆ Weakness's, the survival aspects, the handcrafted city hub's for doing business, picking up quests, shopping, or just socialize mixed within the vastitude of the procedural planets and the whole online universe just opens so many possibilities that the space sci-fi mmorpg nut's allways dreamed about.

Bless Sir. Roberts & CIG for making it possible. 
    You make it sound like that stuff is already there. It isnt. And what is there is broken. Shopping...broken, otr non existent NPCs. Missions, broken because either combat is broken/disabled or you cant interact with the boxes no matter where they are. First person shooting Broken or at least no NPCs to shoot at because where they are have been taken offline.

I will say some of the scenery is decent but its SCENERY after you look at it once or twice its a non factor and meaningless. Which goes to the point he was making. With nothing to do all the pretty graphics and 'detail' shows just how much time they wasted on things that really dont matter and ignored the things that do.
    Maurgrim
    Oh but it is! It is already there.

Some features more fleshed out than others but they are there. That's what's seing the sausage being done is like. 

Such is the wonderfull world of open game development!

Much better than waiting in the dark, hoping for capable legs to hunt dinos in atmospheric worlds.
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Babuinix said:
    Oh but it is! It is already there.

Some features more fleshed out than others but they are there. That's what's seing the sausage being done is like. 

Such is the wonderfull world of open game development!

Much better than waiting in the dark, hoping for capable legs to hunt dinos in atmospheric worlds.
    I asked fanboybunny before and will ask you.

It is hard to write while you are choking? 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    aliven said:

Dunno ... you tell us.

Have fun
    BrenelaelOdeezeeBabuinix
    edited November 2017
    Erillion said:
    aliven said:

Dunno ... you tell us.

Have fun
    This  :D

Back to topic:
    Experiencing low gravity on Cellin for the first time

Star Citizen 3.0 - Gameplay Clips & Low Flying

Post edited by Babuinix on
    ErillionOrinoriBrenelael
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Wow, that last video is so damn cool Babuinix, thanks for sharing.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    How about posting from cig when the game is gonna launch, seen enough vids thank you.
    ScotchUpOdeezeeBabuinix
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Elsabolts said:
    How about posting from cig when the game is gonna launch, seen enough vids thank you.
    Wait what? you want him to post when cig say they are going to launch or you want him to post when they launch, it is all a little confusing. Did you think these videos were from launch? They are pretty good right!
    Elsabolts said:
    its the star citizen way they would much rather look at spliced together bullshit and dream about it than actually go experience the buggy mess it REALLY is for themselves. Its next level escapism.

MMOs were all about escaping reality for awhile, but SC takes it to the level of watching produced videos of 'gameplay' that is 'flawless' to escape the reality that 3.0 is barely playable beyond flying around in ships (doing nothing) and walking around space stations (doing nothing) and walking around on a generic landscape somewhere (doing nothing). 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Orinori said:
    Elsabolts said:
    Wait what? you want him to post when cig say they are going to launch or you want him to post when they launch, it is all a little confusing. Did you think these videos were from launch? They are pretty good right!

In my opion cig is milking the system and us, I posted when the game is gonna launch.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    rodarin said:
    Elsabolts said:
    its the star citizen way they would much rather look at spliced together bullshit and dream about it than actually go experience the buggy mess it REALLY is for themselves. Its next level escapism.
    Well if it is all the same to you I wasn't intending to participate in the TEST server that is used to HUNT BUGS because it is buggy (who could have known!). Will wait for it to launch on the live PU server :)

You don't mind if I watch these cool videos while I wait do you?
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Babuinix said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.

Is he looking for a place to poop??
      OMG I am Ancient!
    LMAO WTFosaurus streamer losing his shit right now defending this nonsense. He has had a black screen for 10-15 minutes after a dozen crashes and theyre burying the game in chat. He is going on the typical' dont ever back an EA project again' rant. Where he lists a bunch of failed games. What he fails to realize is this project has raised over 165 million has been around 6 years.

Now he is banning guys in chat. So typical....
    Babuinix
    he just admitted to having 18K in the game, so he falls into that category I mentioned before, guys so invested in it they have to have it succeed. The rant continues even after banning guys. Its a text book case of denial and justification. Hopefully someone is recording it so they can post it somewhere.

Babuinix
    Perhaps you should make a new thread, this seems really important! Call it 'BUGS FOUND IN TEST SERVER' that s***s gonna catch fire!
    BabuinixBrenelaelErillion
    edited November 2017
    Azmodeus said:
    Babuinix said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Good job.

Is he looking for a place to poop??
    I think he already did the very moment he landed he pooped on all the ones saying that it couldn't be done  :D
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Orinori
  • roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185
    edited November 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_QFNNlGiE

found this vid today and thought I'd add it. It outlines pretty good the current development plan for those curious. 

(hope it added the vid right lol *crosses finders*) 

ok still can't post vids right lol follow link haha
    roaland said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_QFNNlGiE

found this vid today and thought I'd add it. It outlines pretty good the current development plan for those curious. 

(hope it added the vid right lol *crosses finders*) 

ok still can't post vids right lol follow link haha
    You shouldnt have to do anything special for a vid, just copy and paste link into the chat area.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:
    Griefers are really good for testing. Star Citizen is a PvP game, anything that allows for too effective griefing is best caught as early as possible.
    Yeah, griefing and exploiting should happen as early as possible, so there's awareness of what are the problems, easier to address them over time.
    I agree with the concept, but not with the timing.  I think at this stage of 3.0, basic functionality should be focused on, not how to exploit killing others.  No doubt, there will likely be years to figure out how to knock out all the PvP bugs.  But that's just me. 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    DAS1337 said:
    I agree with the concept, but not with the timing.  I think at this stage of 3.0, basic functionality should be focused on, not how to exploit killing others.  No doubt, there will likely be years to figure out how to knock out all the PvP bugs.  But that's just me. 
    Yeah you can notice they know what are the issues and how people can exploit them they just let it be because they haven't go to work on the specific system or feature, or balance yet.

But the advantage of this setup is that once the game is actually released there won't be that "tsunami" of exploiters that abuse problems that weren't brought up before release, MMO Betas do get very few exploiting because they are normally timed or closed by invitation, so the issues only get brought up after release.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited November 2017
    What if they WANT those griefers?  Just like Eve does?

The line between griefing and non-griefing tends to differ from person to person's opinion when it comes to open loot PvP games.  The "I like open loot PvP games" player base, despite being very small, is not a hive mind after all and actually consists of a rather wide range where it's impossible to please all of them at the same time.

Really, even if they manage to get Star Citizen mechanically functional, the nightmare has only just begun.   The base mechanics of a persistent online game are only a very small part of it and figuring out the right balance of PvP and griefing is another hurdle they'll have to overcome which could completely break the game even if everything else is good.  (although if it gets to that point, there's always the safeguard method that most other games take, which is nerfing PvP to the ground via things like insane karma penalties to the point where they might as well not have had open PvP in the first place)
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Tiamat64 said:
    What if they WANT those griefers?  Just like Eve does?

The line between griefing and non-griefing tends to differ from person to person's opinion when it comes to open loot PvP games.  The "I like open loot PvP games" player base, despite being very small, is not a hive mind after all and actually consists of a rather wide range where it's impossible to please all of them at the same time.

Really, even if they manage to get Star Citizen mechanically functional, the nightmare has only just begun.   The base mechanics of a persistent online game are only a very small part of it and figuring out the right balance of PvP and griefing is another hurdle they'll have to overcome which could completely break the game even if everything else is good.  (although if it gets to that point, there's always the safeguard method that most other games take, which is nerfing PvP to the ground via things like insane karma penalties to the point where they might as well not have had open PvP in the first place)
    The line between griefing and not griefing is always tricky.

Star Citizen does want to legitimate piracy as gameplay, not just as "boo! you bad player!", what is griefing is exploiting a legit area without consequence. Now killing a player in a safe patrolled area is gameplay of consequence.

The balance should more hit on getting new players more secured so they are not the direct target of such gameplay.
    they want anyone stupid enough to give them money
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i will never crowdfund a game again and i will wait till this game releases and investigate if it's worth buying.
    fooled me once shame on you
    fooled me twice shame on me
    fooled me 3 times well then you are just a FN retard!
    ScotchUp