Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Damn Screenshot Simulator Ever

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    I only buy LTI Packages. While I'm glad people support the game for ship rentals, I'm not putting out hundreds of dollars for anything I won't own.
    CoticOctagon7711
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Reclaimer Landing aka Portable Sandstorm
    Razer  Lx
    Cable Management
    Holding It
    Watch out for the Xenomorph

GrimHex CyberPunk who?

TUMBRIL
    No Leg Day Skippage
    ON Sight!

Phaserlight
    edited June 2018
    3.2 is finally playable in the PTU and should deploy in the live servers next week.

It brings new gameplay options with the first iteration of Mining Mechanic and new ships like the 600i and old ones reworked like the Avenger series. Overall the highlighted added features and polishing to existing ones feature:
    • Mining: Scanning, mining, extraction, and Prospector function.
    • Flight and function of the following: Avenger series, 600i, Eclipse, Blade.
    • Orbital Quantum travel.
    • G-force effects.
    • Ship power tuning and power triangle usage/effects.
    • Store Kiosks.
    • Manned and Remote Turrets.
    • Group System.
    • Quantum Linking.
    Mining Gameplay
    New Ships + Reworked ones

600i Tour
    New  Quantum Travel Mechanics

Post edited by Babuinix on
    Ronald88
    600i is an exquisite ship indeed...

Both from the outside as the inside...

More 3.2 shots:

Stealthy bomber Eclipse

Mining Laser Beam
    Admiring the black
    Jedi Council
    Derpiest Mining Ship
    Travelling in style

Approaching Daymar
    Touchdown
    Time for some booze

Starfarer Landing Gear
    Enjoying the Views
    Helmet detail

Reclaimer from Above
    Aproaching Yela
    Razor Speeding
    Found a mining Ore

Erillion
    50 man Party

Gladius Wallpaper

Walking Distance
    Welcome to GrimHex

Erillion
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    @Babuinix

So the mining is in now from your screenshot of a mining laser. Have you tried it and if so what's you're take on it? Less concerned with how buggy it is and more concerned if it's the foundation of a solid/fun gameplay mechanic.
    Eldurian said:
    @Babuinix

So the mining is in now from your screenshot of a mining laser. Have you tried it and if so what's you're take on it? Less concerned with how buggy it is and more concerned if it's the foundation of a solid/fun gameplay mechanic.
    It's been available in the PTU since the 3.2 patch and you can only mine on planet surfaces, no asteroid mining just yet. You basically scan surface for rocks with valuable minerals and then need to use the beam laser (left clic mouse) to cut the rock without overpowering the laser (scroll wheel controls intensity) and making sure the rock pieces don't scatter to much or else you will waste more time flying over to the pieces to scoop them with right mouse button.

You can then travel to city hub's like Olisar, GrimHex or Levski to sell the unrefined ore.

I find it relaxing and the visuals are cool and "believable" enough for me, cutting the rock could get some depth involving pointing your cursor at specific parts of it because atm I think it's just point at it and focus on not overheating. The UI also could use some better contrast imo but that's a general issue with it more than just a mining issue. 

I guess with a video is easier to showacase it:

It seems coop-mining is needed for the stronger rocks !

SpaceBike

Approaching Yela
    Time for some Noodles

edited June 2018
    Beauty & Beast

Stand Off

Life Found

Brrrt

Quantum Link Traveling

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Looking good but wondering, with a 2013 kit with a 660, 32gb and an SSD, what settings and fps are you playing at? Its hard to imagine your game looks like these screenshots with your specs tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    Looking good but wondering, with a 2013 kit with a 660, 32gb and an SSD, what settings and fps are you playing at? Its hard to imagine your game looks like these screenshots with your specs tbh.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Well It doesn't really. I play at 1600x900 with low settings, game still looks crazy good!

I'm heading to the PU now and will try to get some fresh SS's, will share later.
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Looks good, so when does it come out?
    DrunkWolf said:
    It's "out" since 2014, just not finished, it's a work in progress and not recommended unless you want to test bugs, give feedback or just mess around in a space sandbox with no real purpose.

Taken just now, played around 2 hours no crashes, between 20-25 FPS:

i5 4370
    GTX 660 2gb
    32GB ddr3
    SSD 850g EVO

Boop

How 300i's are made

Mining Arm Detail

EVA

Aquila vs 600i Manoeuvrability (maybe outdated by now) 

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited July 2018
    Babuinix said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    It's "out" since 2014, just not finished, it's a work in progress and not recommended unless you want to test bugs, give feedback or just mess around in a space sandbox with no real purpose.

Taken just now, played around 2 hours no crashes, between 20-25 FPS:

i5 4370
    GTX 660 2gb
    32GB ddr3
    SSD 850g EVO

If these screenshots are taken with the settings on low I am pretty impressed, especially on a kit like yours.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

Yeah they were taken all within the same game session. All the funding Star Citizen got shows in the detail and effort put in the assets, the lightning work also is really top notch. I feel the engine scales really well and when the network stuff gets worked it can only improve.

There's people getting near 60 fps's in some servers:

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    The impression I got from the subreddit was that changing between graphic presets didn't really do anything as they weren't working correctly, is that something that's been fixed in the latest patch?
    Babuinix
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I hope this game makes it out to full release, and it's as awesome as the fans want it to be! I may have had to meet with the lawyers and Will the game to my children by then though. 

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

The impression I got from the subreddit was that changing between graphic presets didn't really do anything as they weren't working correctly, is that something that's been fixed in the latest patch?
    Yes you're right the differences are almost unnoticeable, it's more about LOD's / Texture popping.

rpmcmurphy
    Constelation above Yela's Rings
    Space Balls

He went that way

You see, Artyom, when aim down scope with both eyes, you always shoot the accurate