Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: Battlefront II: Making Melee Work - General Guides

124»

Comments

• bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 119

Shodanas said:

Shodanas said:

sayuu said:

Really not sure I like MMORPG promoting this p2w garbage. P2W in F2P or B2P games ok I guess, but in full priced AAA games? Nope.

what exactly about the game is pay2win now that the microtransaction system has been removed?

also isn't the game buy2play? you're ok with pay2win in buy2play games. . .just not this one for some reason?

your post is really confusing, please clarify

This game is no more P2W than Pokemon or Magic The Gathering or Hearthstone.

Can you inform us about the current retail prices for Pokemon, Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone ?

And yes, this game is as p2w as it can get. In case you missed it the temporally disabled loot boxes contain star cards which directly increase a characters combat potency.

I simply disagree with you on the P2W aspect. They removed the high level cards from the boxes after the beta, as they should have. Now you need to craft your cards to get them to Epic and even then you need to meet the level requirements to use them. 

Now if the outrage is simply that loot boxes exist in games, then I can understand peoples annoyance. But that is a totally different discussion. They stated that they are using them in this game to subsidize everyone being able to get all the future DLC without additional cost. I'm ok with that approach, some clearly are not.

Do you consider those TCG games P2W? Because the ONLY way to get high level cards in those games is to spend real life money. 

You do not pay 60,70 or 80 euros to acquire those games. In fact you get them for free.

And what about the locked content ? Spending 60+ dollars or euros on a fully priced AAA game only to find out that iconic characters are locked behind a tedious grind or alternatively a pay wall is ok with you ?

You enjoy the game ? kudos to you. But to not try to alter the fact that SWBF II is build on foundations aiming solely to milk as much cash out of the players after they paid full dollar to get it.

Why would a box price change how you feel? Either P2W is bad or it isnt. Again, i dont think the game is P2W so thats my position. As for heroes being lockrd behind a paywall or grind, it doesn't bother me. again, they adjusted the cost of them way down. You could by Darth Vader after just a couple hours of play now, not a big deal to me.

We just have very different opinions on these things. I'll continue to play and enjoy the game, I hope you're able to do the same with some other game.

If Heroes of the Storm was a 60 dollar game AND included cosmetic items for a price, I would support them and buy it. If it included items that made my heroes stronger than another then I would NOT buy it or their items. The game is f2p and only has cosmetic items. I have spent zero and have 2000 hours played, 4500 matches. If they added items to my favorite f2p game that gave dmg, health or whatever other bonuses to heroes then I would stop playing in a heartbeat.

I understand why they sell shit for Hearthstone. IT MAKES SENSE. If I paid 60 bucks for hearthstone, you best believe that I expect all of the fucking cards unlocked. Only thing they would be allowed to sell are cosmetics imo. Like in Overwatch. SWBF is a disgrace and EA is disgusting.

There are a lot of games like War of Warplanes and all the rest of those type games that are f2p but behind HEAVY progression blocks unless you pay. Shit, even Planetside 2 takes forever to unlock guns unless you pay.
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    I’m not buying this game and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Would love to see EA investors lose a lot of money and make a statement about this sort of bullshit.

Amen

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Guide....buy loot box.......win.
    RexKushmanSiug
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    So your telling me paying for a game($60) only to find out the most iconic characters in the franchise is locked. Ok no big deal.

Then you find out you have to do roughly 40 hours of grinding to unlock ONE character.. well that sucks. Second option is to pay over $100 instead. 40 hours for someone working full time with kids is probably what a month or so of gaming? If they are lucky. So someone willing to PAY for a powerful character will have it in on hour as opposed to a month? And you are saying that is not pay to win? You get a POWERFUL character BY PAYING for it. How exactly is that not p2w again?

And yes they did temporarily remove only to be brought back at a later point.. that is what EA said.
    JeroKaneSiug
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    So your telling me paying for a game($60) only to find out the most iconic characters in the franchise is locked. Ok no big deal.

Then you find out you have to do roughly 40 hours of grinding to unlock ONE character.. well that sucks. Second option is to pay over $100 instead. 40 hours for someone working full time with kids is probably what a month or so of gaming? If they are lucky. So someone willing to PAY for a powerful character will have it in on hour as opposed to a month? And you are saying that is not pay to win? You get a POWERFUL character BY PAYING for it. How exactly is that not p2w again?

And yes they did temporarily remove only to be brought back at a later point.. that is what EA said.

The entire game is designed around these stupid loot boxes! That is pretty much as bad as it gets when it comes to game design with sole monetization as purpose!

I was really interested in playing this game, until I saw the whole progression system revolved around loot boxes and micro-transactions!

INSTANT turn-off for me! I will not buy this game. Ever! I vote with my wallet.