Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The (Un)Silent Protagonist - TheHiveLeader - Destiny 2 Video Podcast

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageThe (Un)Silent Protagonist - TheHiveLeader - Destiny 2 Video Podcast

Destiny 2's main character (aka YOU) has a problem. He/she never says a word! They've come down with a bad case of Silent Protagonist syndrome. Luckily, TheHiveLeader is here to fix it, and make them the UN-Silent Protagonist. So grab a Snickers and let's do this!

Read the full story here

bartoni33

Comments

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    This was funnier than listening to Kayde6
    bartoni33[Deleted User]
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Awesome video! I find I do the same voice thing when I play too.

Silent protagonists do kill immersion but I understand why some games do it. I do not understand why this game does though.
    [Deleted User]

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    edited November 2017
    Enjoyed the Unsilent Protagonist! Waiting for episode 2.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    I laughed a lot keep it up very good work.

• catofmanycatofmany Member UncommonPosts: 30
    i'm not seeing a video? is that the joke?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Great video, I hate when the Guardian is silent and hate it even more when his Ghost does all the talking for both of them. Homefront did the same thing but he talked in the DLC which made a big difference. For some reason it never bothered me in Half Life 2.
    bartoni33

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    rofl
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AndreakosAndreakos Member UncommonPosts: 6

catofmany said:

i'm not seeing a video? is that the joke?

• WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495
    I am alright with the silent protagonist and am glad they did it. I know some players in general really don't invest that much thought or energy into their characters giving them silly names and deformed avatars but many do and for them forcing a voice actor on them takes their character out of their control.

What if I don't want my hunter to be a silly smart ass or my titan to be some overly dramatic stoic? Too bad, here's your voice actor. Like FFXIV by leaving spoken dialogue of camera, and I never felt in D2 that the protagonist never spoke they simply didn't speak during cut scenes, we as players are allowed to give them any voice and personality we like.
    [Deleted User]
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    <3
    [Deleted User]

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Awesomeness
    [Deleted User]
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Hilarious.
    [Deleted User]
  • DocDexterDocDexter Member UncommonPosts: 23
    This was brilliant... Will there be an ingame patch with this? ;)
  • SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    LOL

Hilarious as usual :)
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I was just thinking about doing the same thing! Especially that scene with Gault.
    Don't look at me, CREATURE!
    You know that's not a bad word, right?
    ... remind you of the fear of death!
    I won't be afraid of death that long if you kill me right awaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Torval said:
    I ran the Exodus Black quest on Nessus where you follow the harpy through the jumping puzzles on the slippery rocks with inevitable death for falling off (repeatedly). I had running commentary with that one especially when I got hung up on the terrain.
    Ha! If that's anything like I'd image I'd watch that :D