Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access First Impressions and Gameplay Footage - Wild West Online Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageEarly Access First Impressions and Gameplay Footage - Wild West Online Videos - MMORPG.com

Wild West Online has officially launched into Early Access as of today. Our own Bill Murphy had the chance to jump into the game for a bit and captured some gameplay action to show you how the game looks and plays.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LurchUSALurchUSA Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I know it's early access, but what about us digital cross-dressers? Can we play female characters yet?
    Phry
  • Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    edited November 2017
    Not sure, but they did say you can choose your sex according to the FAQ on their site

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited November 2017
    cant think of anyone wanting to play this garbage. Also cant comprehend people who pay for alpha games. Whats wrong with you guys??!
    Post edited by exile01 on
    BlacklabelcaliTheScavenger
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

LurchUSA said:

I know it's early access, but what about us digital cross-dressers? Can we play female characters yet?

Don't think so unless I glossed over in creating my character.
    winghaven1

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I watched britbong play it for a few hours yesterday, seems pretty boring right now. The world is lifeless.
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Sounds like fun, but not for an $80 EA buy-in. Good grief. These games are getting a little carried away with EA prices.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Daranar said:
    Sounds like fun, but not for an $80 EA buy-in. Good grief. These games are getting a little carried away with EA prices.
    There's a $30 option. And a $50 I think?

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    This isn't a Red Dead Redemption online type of game, this is just DayZ with a Wild West skin. I'll just wait for RDR2.
    BruceYeeIselin

Daranar said:

But they don't give ea.
  • poobin420poobin420 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited November 2017

Kootur said:

Daranar said:

But they don't give ea.

Yes they do... Edit: to clarify, i think you're probably thinking of the 7 day early access before release. this is not that time. I checked their forums and all packs can play right now.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Looks fun to me, guess will try at least.
  • HMackenzieHMackenzie Member UncommonPosts: 11
    No female characters no purchase. In this day and age of modern gaming, is playing my gender too much too ask?
    OyjordPhryraeven63Blacklabelcali
  • poobin420poobin420 Member UncommonPosts: 7

No female characters no purchase. In this day and age of modern gaming, is playing my gender too much too ask?

I just started playing the game today and there is the option for female characters but its disabled right now for some reason, so I assume you will be able to make female characters at some point soon.
  • iatesandiatesand Member UncommonPosts: 92

Its early access, I am sure there will be a female release before the full release of the game, intended or not the phrase Drama Queen come to mind when reading that.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Daranar said:

Did they lower the price as it was $40 and $60 that came with alpha access.
  • HMackenzieHMackenzie Member UncommonPosts: 11

iatesand said:

Its early access, I am sure there will be a female release before the full release of the game, intended or not the phrase Drama Queen come to mind when reading that.

You mean King Conflict. There is only sausage at this party. And yes they have said they will be adding female characters at release.
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    edited November 2017
    only the 79.99€ option giv EA access... and as said before, i never pay to do the job of tester, that's stupid and most of this EA game milk players/whales and just down/close slowly
    if WWo want a stress test and return about their game, they'll just have to open the door and wipe before launch! do yourself a favor before spending $$ go to twitch tv and stand in front of the game 10mn :)

There weren't many female cowboys.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Kootur said:

more than you would be aware of actually

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2017
    hyllyh said:
    only the 79.99€ option giv EA access... and as said before, i never pay to do the job of tester, that's stupid and most of this EA game milk players/whales and just down/close slowly
    if WWo want a stress test and return about their game, they'll just have to open the door and wipe before launch! do yourself a favor before spending $$ go to twitch tv and stand in front of the game 10mn :)
    That is headstart you are thinking of maybe? They did change their prices it is now $30, $50 and $80 all with alpha access. It was $20(no alpha access), $40 and $60 before.
    Post edited by Asheram on
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Is it alpha or early release? Will there be wipes?
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Torval said:

Kootur said:

We call them cowgirls out here and there are tons. It's how we get little cowboys and cowgirls.

At the time period being modeled there wasn't tons of adventurous cowgirls, but there was some so their inclusion is historically apt. The number of female characters will probably be highly disproportionate compared to history, but that is to be expected.

Anyway, gender realism in historical MMORPGs isn't going to be on any game feature list anytime soon, so it is pretty much a moot point.

SEANMCAD said:

Kootur said:

more than you would be aware of actually

There really weren't.

Torval said:

Kootur said:

We call them cowgirls out here and there are tons. It's how we get little cowboys and cowgirls.

Yeah but not in 1860.
    Phrywinghaven1
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    edited November 2017
    How much was there to do outside of combat? How extensive are the towns? What about housing? I'm interested but will wait for launch to decide.