Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh look death threats these are the people you guys defend?

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited November 2017

Is it ok to call others troll on this site?  Seems that would fall under being derogatory, baiting or attackng.  So just to prove your point I bet Suzy (assuming SB) will allow you calling me a troll to remain here. 
    I'm not a forum moderator. If you have issues with posters, there's a "Flag" link under each name or you can contact @MikeB to voice your concern.
    StjerneoddKyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    SBFord said:
    The fact that no one prior to this bothered to question the credibility of the claims before now also speaks volumes to people's tendency to being sheeple.
    ...says someone who "rage-refunded" the game just because someone said something about the game.
  • XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    SBFord saidz:
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    SBFord said:
    Interesting that this whole kerfuffle about death threats may be a hoax?

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458
    Nice find! Quote form the article:

I’ve become convinced that he does not actually work for EA. In fact, since I sent him several messages yesterday and this morning, he has changed his Twitter profile to remove all mentions of EA.

So in fact just someone acting as an agent provocateur in an attempt to discredit those who are complaining.

Hmm... that tactic sounds oddly familiar :)

So people making death threats to a person who they thought was an EA  employee is ok if that person turns out to not be an employee of EA?  Hey you justify it anyway you want I guess.  

Talk about a desperate tactic.  
    You don't really stop and think you just sort of get wound up and "go".

No one is saying that "death threats" are ok. No one is saying that it's not ok to threaten an EA employee but it's ok to threaten someone else.

They are merely pointing out that this might be a hoax. That's it.

There is a difference between looking at what someone says and reading between the lines and looking at what someone says and making up your own narrative.
    I don't believe a wind up and go is what's going on here.  I believe it's moved into the realm of trolling and baiting.  He knows what he's saying is making up his own narrative, he just wants to use it to claim Suzie and the gang are discriminatory in their moderation and administration of this site and forums.

Best to simply acknowledge his attempts for what they are rather than attempt to clarify things for him.
    Is it ok to call others troll on this site?  Seems that would fall under being derogatory, baiting or attackng.  So just to prove your point I bet Suzy (assuming SB) will allow you calling me a troll to remain here. 
    I'm not a forum moderator. If you have issues with posters, there's a report link under each name or you can contact @MikeB to voice your concern.
    Report link must be broken...oh except when they report me I guess then it works.  Weird how that works when I have had for two days now of direct insults from your buddies Islen and Maddy and those post are still there. Yet I have not directly insulted anyone here (sure i called some reddit users idiots) @MikeB must be busy playing Wild West online.  I doubt when he is done anything will change.  Probably just ban me and protect those doing the bullying.  
    WalkinGlenn
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SBFord said:

I'm not a forum moderator. If you have issues with posters, there's a "Flag" link under each name or you can contact @MikeB to voice your concern.
    He/She certainly has an issue with you.
    SBFordMadFrenchie

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Gdemami said:
    SBFord said:
    The fact that no one prior to this bothered to question the credibility of the claims before now also speaks volumes to people's tendency to being sheeple.
    ...says someone who "rage-refunded" the game just because someone said something about the game.
    LOL no rage at all. I decided to get a refund when they closed BioWare Montreal and shit-canned the Mass Effect series literally months before this. I was not able to until they had actually charged my account for the preorder...earlier this week. It still felt good given these missteps and the additional closure of Visceral. All added together to make me very sure that I don't want to play this game or any other EA game for the foreseeable future.
    NildenGdemamiGhavriggbartoni33

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    SBFord said:

https://kotaku.com/the-curious-case-of-the-ea-game-dev-who-said-he-receive-1820474458

I’ve become convinced that he does not actually work for EA. In fact, since I sent him several messages yesterday and this morning, he has changed his Twitter profile to remove all mentions of EA.

So in fact just someone acting as an agent provocateur in an attempt to discredit those who are complaining.

So people making death threats to a person who they thought was an EA  employee is ok if that person turns out to not be an employee of EA?  Hey you justify it anyway you want I guess.  

No one is saying that "death threats" are ok. No one is saying that it's not ok to threaten an EA employee but it's ok to threaten someone else.

There is a difference between looking at what someone says and reading between the lines and looking at what someone says and making up your own narrative.
    I don't believe a wind up and go is what's going on here.  I believe it's moved into the realm of trolling and baiting.  He knows what he's saying is making up his own narrative, he just wants to use it to claim Suzie and the gang are discriminatory in their moderation and administration of this site and forums.

Best to simply acknowledge his attempts for what they are rather than attempt to clarify things for him.
    Seriously he's doing some bullshit trolling claiming people are defending death threats.

Image result for star wars gifs

It's ridiculous.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    SBFord said:

Calling someone a troll means they think you are trying to antagonise people because you get some kind of kick out of it, either with comedic or malicious intent. It's not really a personal insult or anything like that.

I personally don't think you are trolling. You definitely believe in the things you are saying. However, you need to just cool off and let it go.. you've been at it for two or three days now. Your opinions are not popular and you just need to accept that. Trying to change people's minds on the internet is extremely difficult and you're only going to continue to make yourself feel more agitated about it.

Just say whatever and go enjoy Battlefront II.
    KyleranGorwe
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    the main reason (to be completely frank) is that the moderators dont do a very good job, its often random and targeted at whomever was posting the most, regardless.

postlarvalKyleran

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    SBFord said:
    Gdemami said:
    SBFord said:
    LOL no rage at all. I decided to get a refund when they closed BioWare Montreal and shit-canned the Mass Effect series literally months before this. I was not able to until they had actually charged my account for the preorder...earlier this week. It still felt good given these missteps and the additional closure of Visceral. All added together to make me very sure that I don't want to play this game or any other EA game for the foreseeable future.
    It's the current narrative around here Suzie: if you dislike something, especially MT practices, you are just being influenced by "rhetoric." Only those who like it are using their brain :)
    SBFordGdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

laserit said:
    SBFord said:

Replying to someone who comments on a thread I created means I have an issue?  That's some crazy logic.  I've been bullied for two days now the only employee I've seen on these forums is SB (I just came across Mike b guess according to SB he's the big dog around here.). So if reporting the bullying doesn't work I engaged SB not knowing he/she wasn't a mod.  Sue me .
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    SBFord said:

That's funny, I don't remember saying "username is a troll"...  I did explicitly state that what you're doing here is baiting and trolling.

I would say nice attempt to spin my post, but it was a pretty poor attempt to do so, frankly.

SEANMCAD said:
    the main reason (to be completely frank) is that the moderators dont do a very good job, its often random and targeted at whomever was posting the most, regardless.

Which I'm sure will be the case here.  I'm guessing soon I will have that cool profile pic you had the other day when I've done nothing wrong except create a post/thread a few of the regulars didn't like.  
    bartoni33
    SEANMCAD said:

Which I'm sure will be the case here.  I'm guessing soon I will have that cool profile pic you had the other day when I've done nothing wrong except create a post/thread a few of the regulars didn't like.  
    that is about right

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    There are rumors that some of the alleged threats were made by Inigo Montoya. 
    MadFrenchieGorwe

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Sovrath said:
    Iselin said:
    SBFord said:

That's funny, I don't remember saying "username is a troll"...  I did explicitly state that what you're doing here is baiting and trolling.

I would say nice attempt to spin my post, but it was a pretty poor attempt to do so, frankly.
    Don't worry Maddy you can bully , harass insult all you want apparently here you don't even try to hide it.  
    MadFrenchie
    laserit said:
    SBFord said:

Replying to someone who comments on a thread I created means I have an issue?  That's some crazy logic.  I've been bullied for two days now the only employee I've seen on these forums is SB (I just came across Mike b guess according to SB he's the big dog around here.). So if reporting the bullying doesn't work I engaged SB not knowing he/she wasn't a mod.  Sue me .
    You've mentioned her by name in numerous replies and topics.

and by the way....

Your still whining. 

laserit said:
    laserit said:
    SBFord said:

and by the way....

Your still whining. 
    Looks like you are whining too.  So going forward should I reach out to you since you seem to be SBs knight in shining armor?
    Nilden said:

Report link must be broken...oh except when they report me I guess then it works.  Weird how that works when I have had for two days now of direct insults from your buddies Islen and Maddy and those post are still there. Yet I have not directly insulted anyone here (sure i called some reddit users idiots) @MikeB must be busy playing Wild West online.  I doubt when he is done anything will change.  Probably just ban me and protect those doing the bullying.  
    What's that sorry hard to catch what your saying with all these people defending death threats. 
    you think without exception all death threats are wrong? that is a little bit naive dont you think?
    Iselin

laserit said:
    laserit said:
    SBFord said:

and by the way....

Your still whining. 
    Looks like you are whining too.  So going forward should I reach out to you since you seem to be SBs knight in shining armor?
    Maybe you should update your OP since your shining example is turning out to be a fraud.

ps: I only whine when my wife whips me, it's hard to scream with that ball in my mouth.
    ConstantineMerusk61977

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    OP is pretty much a stereotypical special snowflake. Plays victim and anybody that doesn't agree with him is an evil nazi. Maybe we need a safe space sub forum
    Gorwek61977bartoni33
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    SBFord said:
    LOL no rage at all. 
    ...and then the rant followed. Cool story.
    IselinMadFrenchieKyleran
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Nilden said:

What's that sorry hard to catch what your saying with all these people defending death threats. Did the poor lil troll just play the victim card, aw poor you having to lie in the bed you made. Muffin.

So Maddy said he/she can't be reported because he/she "didnt call me a troll". I wonder if calling someone "poor Lil troll" is allowed.   
    It's obviously trolling when someone claims people here are defending death threats when literally nobody is.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

OP is pretty much a stereotypical special snowflake. Plays victim and anybody that doesn't agree with him is an evil nazi. Maybe we need a safe space sub forum
    no that doesnt work.

He is saying that they are 'defending' which means he is 'attacking' which is not very 'special snowflake' so there is that.
    postlarval

Nilden said:
    Nilden said:

What's that sorry hard to catch what your saying with all these people defending death threats. Did the poor lil troll just play the victim card, aw poor you having to lie in the bed you made. Muffin.

So Maddy said he/she can't be reported because he/she "didnt call me a troll". I wonder if calling someone "poor Lil troll" is allowed.   
    It's obviously trolling when someone claims people here are defending death threats when literally nobody is.
    That is the best response I have seen you make.
    postlarval

edited November 2017
    Gdemami said:
    SBFord said:
    LOL no rage at all. 
    ...and then the rant followed. Cool story.
    So...let's see...this is my first post:

I will be cancelling my pre-order as soon as I can, though that's apparently not "allowed" until release day. Between the closures of Visceral and BioWare Montreal and the earlier issue with loot boxes, this one's got greed written all over it. While I'm sure it'll still make money because it's Star Wars, after all, it won't earn my money.
    And this is my second:

I actually found that I could cancel, but not online. * eye roll * I went to their "help site" ( https://help.ea.com/en/origin/origin-access/ ) and then created a ticket for a cancellation of the game. I had them phone me but you can also go with online chat and they will cancel the preorder. You also get a nice opportunity to say why you're cancelling too.

EDIT: Seems that online chat is up to 90 minutes and is now listing as "offline" while a return phone call is about 25 minutes' wait time.

Feels good, man. 

While it can be said that my $80 doesn't matter...well, if enough $80s get together, it will make a difference. 

How do you extrapolate "rant" out of those...and by the way, the ONLY posts I made in that thread or about canceling my preorder. 

MadFrenchieIselinGdemamik61977GhavriggSteelhelm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This discussion has been closed.