Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class Raid Sets Being Discontinued. Will Cosmetic Appearances Replace Them? - World of Warcraft News

2»

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    SBFord said:

Couldn't casually posting said statistics incite panic in the less informed? Just a thought, I had.
    Only if "the less informed" really believe that they'll be playing the same expansion for 7,000 years. ;)

I mean...c'mon...no one's that gullible...are they? :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Damn you guys are dense. This is a great change, it's just a shame it happened this late in WoW's cycle. Gear sets were always limiting players because once you got 1 or 2 pieces, nothing else mattered other than your set. That's a ton of loot customization thrown out the window.

It also made your character less interesting and the world less immersive because everyone that plays your class is working toward the same 1 or 2 sets.
    k61977SBFordAvarixBruceYeeCryolitycal
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176

Xiaoki said:

I think everyone here, including the article writer, had the wrong idea of what this is.

Raid Tier sets are being removed.

So, you no longer have Druid Restoration Tier Set 22 or Warrior Fury Tier Set 23.

Raids will still drop epic gear but it will be generic Plate DPS.

Did people really think that raids would no longer gear upgrades? Like, seriously?!

I don't think anyone here got that impression?

You seem to be the only one here confused.
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Holy shit I am glad I've quit. The last symbol of raiding prestige is gone. After giving casuals LFR sets again, no surprises here whatsoever.
    I am beyond disgusted. Raiding should offer the best rewards BY FAR, and they should be completely exclusive - same with ranked PvP.
    You want it? You put in the time, and the effort, or play with pleb gear - this is how it is supposed to be, and this is how it was.
    RIP what once was a great system rewarding dedicated players.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

xDarkjoy said:

Xiaoki said:

I think everyone here, including the article writer, had the wrong idea of what this is.

Raid Tier sets are being removed.

So, you no longer have Druid Restoration Tier Set 22 or Warrior Fury Tier Set 23.

Raids will still drop epic gear but it will be generic Plate DPS.

Did people really think that raids would no longer gear upgrades? Like, seriously?!

I don't think anyone here got that impression?

You seem to be the only one here confused.

Uh .... did you even bother skimming over the other responses?

Several people in this thread are mistaken about raids only dropping non-stat cosmetic gear.

But, with an article this bad they can't be faulted.

The article makes baseless speculation of raid sets being replaced by cosmetic gear because Ion Hazzikostas says "cosmetics" once.

The article mixes terms, calling class tier sets "raid sets".

And misspells Azerite as "Azurite".

So, of course there is going to be confusion, and it will lead to misinformation being spread for months to come.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Holy shit I am glad I've quit. The last symbol of raiding prestige is gone. After giving casuals LFR sets again, no surprises here whatsoever.

I am beyond disgusted. Raiding should offer the best rewards BY FAR, and they should be completely exclusive - same with ranked PvP.

You want it? You put in the time, and the effort, or play with pleb gear - this is how it is supposed to be, and this is how it was.

I think the game is better off without people that use words like "casuals" anyway.
    HorusraCryolitycal[Deleted User]
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205

I think the game is better off without people that use words like "casuals" anyway.

No, the game would be better off without the types that can't handle their own state in the game. I was a casual in numerous games and I embraced it and understood the rewards I was entitled to. But in WoW, people can't accept it, they think that "it's a game, we're all the same, it doesn't matter".

Reward structures are PARAMOUNT to a game's functionality. Yes many play to be better than others and to be able to show it off - it is OUR HUMAN nature.

Only idiots would allow themselves to be shamed because of this natural competitive behavior - yet it happens all the time in forums everywhere.

Casuals should not have what core players have. Not legendaries. Not item level. And definitely not the raid sets. Casuals should have casual, bad gear - and feel that they have to continue their progress inside raids or ranked PvP. Everything should be rewarded as per effort - and doing dailies and pet battles is never the same as logging in Discord each week day at 18:00 and going wiping 500 times to kill a boss, gearing up, running sims and preparing for fights.

The only saving grace for this move is if their new system offers exclusive, clear raid rewards that only raiders can get. Without including that dumb LFR.
    [Deleted User]
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    So I recently decided to pick up Legion because I had a bit of extra gaming cash to spend and the classic announcement had me fiendin' for some WoW in my life...  And boy oh boy, am I lost at this point.  Azurite, Warforged, Prismatic slots...  Anyone have a WoW Guide for Dummies written up somewhere they can link?  I know MMORPG.com has written some things, we got a comprehensive overview of current itemization and enhancement systems around here somewhere?

• meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Honestly should've happened years ago!

This nostalgia nonsense driving the mmo market is really the problem there are plenty of games that are alive today that have great income coming in that do not subscribe anymore to the 1% of gamers that want raiding.

Meanwhile, while the open world jump into an event system is thriving in multiple mmo's the games with dungeons and raids as their mainstay process still are actually dying off because they have nothing more to offer people in the way of actual open world fun.

But my concern isn't that my concern is their complete disregard of bringing back the glory days of certain classes like the rogue and the hunter those classes are just shells of what they used to be really and they need to be restored by someone who has a long memory of what they were like and by someone who cares about them. Until that happens Blizzard can kiss the rosiest piece of my butt.