Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR has no future anymore

135

Comments

  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,302
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    If a new Star Wars game ever comes it will be crappy due to Disney's destruction on the material.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,412
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".
    kitaradCrazKanukGorweklash2defBlaze_RockerRobsolfMrMelGibson
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 6,390
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".
    So did I, I loved The Last Jedi.
    klash2defBlaze_RockerRobsolfMrMelGibson

  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.



    Is this actually a "thing", or are you just being funny? 

    Welcome to the 50s, sorry that some women took a break from making you dinner to be heroes, lol. Don't worry, there are still plenty of penises for you, since that's obviously your thing. 
    AllerleirauhBlaze_RockerRobsolfMrMelGibson

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    A doom and gloom post to go along with the article on here.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

    Robsolf

    image
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,302
    add in the hyperjump attack that was crap.  Rey needing no training to "ding" Jedi level.  How could the "rebels" be fighting for 30 years yet nothing of their position had changed after destroying all top Empire command staff, 2 death stars, a major battle group, and the supposed elite of the Empire's troops.  In 30 years they did not solidify a fleet?  Luke was a joke.  Force skype calls that kill you in the end.  Hey why did Luke not just call down lightning since that seems to be a Jedi power now.  

    I did not know in space when you run out of fuel you stop and drift backwards...weird.  Purple hair commander was a joke and if she was still alive should be shot for horrible command.  

    The movie was crap.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Horusra said:
    add in the hyperjump attack that was crap.  Rey needing no training to "ding" Jedi level.  How could the "rebels" be fighting for 30 years yet nothing of their position had changed after destroying all top Empire command staff, 2 death stars, a major battle group, and the supposed elite of the Empire's troops.  In 30 years they did not solidify a fleet?  Luke was a joke.  Force skype calls that kill you in the end.  Hey why did Luke not just call down lightning since that seems to be a Jedi power now.  

    I did not know in space when you run out of fuel you stop and drift backwards...weird.  Purple hair commander was a joke and if she was still alive should be shot for horrible command.  

    The movie was crap.


    Yay! At least that was an intelligent commentary. Hey, I'm cool with people disliking the movie. There are probably plenty of reasons not to (not excluding the anti-climactic Snoke death), but agreeing with someone who is going on some diatribe about how it was a feminist PC film might actually drop your IQ by 20 points, because that's a bunch of back-country, redneck hilarity. Fuck, if we're really splitting hairs, you could say it's anti-feminist because 2 of the most powerful women (a General and a Vice Admiral) basically allowed their entire fleet to be picked off without so much as a whimper. 

    Seriously, I know it takes time to write down your own opinion, but sometimes agreeing with someone who has a distorted opinion is worse that a one-line response of your own making. You really looked silly agreeing with that guy. 
    MrMelGibson

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,302
    edited January 2018
    CrazKanuk said:
    Horusra said:
    add in the hyperjump attack that was crap.  Rey needing no training to "ding" Jedi level.  How could the "rebels" be fighting for 30 years yet nothing of their position had changed after destroying all top Empire command staff, 2 death stars, a major battle group, and the supposed elite of the Empire's troops.  In 30 years they did not solidify a fleet?  Luke was a joke.  Force skype calls that kill you in the end.  Hey why did Luke not just call down lightning since that seems to be a Jedi power now.  

    I did not know in space when you run out of fuel you stop and drift backwards...weird.  Purple hair commander was a joke and if she was still alive should be shot for horrible command.  

    The movie was crap.


    Yay! At least that was an intelligent commentary. Hey, I'm cool with people disliking the movie. There are probably plenty of reasons not to (not excluding the anti-climactic Snoke death), but agreeing with someone who is going on some diatribe about how it was a feminist PC film might actually drop your IQ by 20 points, because that's a bunch of back-country, redneck hilarity. Fuck, if we're really splitting hairs, you could say it's anti-feminist because 2 of the most powerful women (a General and a Vice Admiral) basically allowed their entire fleet to be picked off without so much as a whimper. 

    Seriously, I know it takes time to write down your own opinion, but sometimes agreeing with someone who has a distorted opinion is worse that a one-line response of your own making. You really looked silly agreeing with that guy. 
    Oh the SJW'ing in the movie was horrible.  Demasculating every male character making them weak, stupid, or the source of humor was horrible.  Placing all the lead characters on the Rebel side that were directing the flow of events a female was making the movie very difficult for my young cousin to even find a character that he related too and would want the toy of.  

    Going to the casino world and saving the animals but leaving the slaves to take the blame...then Rose says something like "I feel like we did a great thing."  Seriously....you just probably lead a bunch of kids to being whipped and probably a few killed as examples.

    Then Rose stops Flynn from destroying the ram and says we will only win by saving those we love....ah she did not know Super Jedi was coming so basically she just saved one man infront of, what 8 AT-AT's, so that all the people in the bunker would die?  Is Rose mentally handicapped?  She is the worst character in the movie.  She should have stayed with PETA on the casino world and did more stupid stuff to save animals while children die for it.

    How come every male character from the old movies dies in stupid ways.  While Leia is now Mary Poppins that can survive in space and has she ding'ed Jedi awhile ago because no one thought it was strange she did what she did.

    Kennedy from LucisArts was so proud before the movie's release that most of her writing staff were women and could tell the stories they wanted to tell.  Well they did...a crappy story with toys that are rotting on the shelves with the shortest lead time in the theaters of any modern Star Wars movie.  Way to go.  

    I am fine with led females in movies, but when you gut all the male leads in the new ones to correct some imagined wrong of the past movies that is just wrong.  
    CrazKanukklash2defMrMelGibson
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    edited January 2018
    Deewe said:
    Says the guy who's only posting one liners against fully developed posts backed by facts.

    Please be my guest, dig into the linked post and point at all errors in it.  Starting with the network latency issue.
    Knowing when to stop or how to restrain yourself is not one of your virtues i presume. For as long as i can remember you keep posting the same stuff on TOR's forums over and over and over again. Do you really lack the insight to see that people over there are not taking you seriously any more ? Do you enjoy being mocked at ?

    Okay, explain me this. If SWTOR displeases you so much then why on Earth aren't you moving on ? Why do you keep paying a subscription  to such a mess of a game, as you have described it countless times by now ? 
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 268
    ???? This game was dead after 3 months, Wasnt even a real MMO imo
    alkarionlogRobsolf
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    DMKano said:
    Meh. 

    I have lost all interest in star wars for a while now - I am just over the while franchise, not just the games. Was bored to tears with whatever that last one was with the girl who knew how to do everything and emo-vader.

    There was another one that's been out and has been on HBO for a while - Force One?  or something - zero desire to watch that.

    And there's a new one coming out next year? (not sure) with emo guy and girl again. 

    I could be wrong about the dates - just the stuff I ovrehear from folks at work who are into it still

    /shrug 


    No kidding.  I used to love Star Wars, but God it is so watered down now.  The emo characters, storylines that are just a bunch of stuff jammed in for special effects....it's kinda bad now.  Love the old-school SW, the new stuff is for Twitter kids really.  People with the attention span of a 3-month-old kitten.
    MrMelGibson
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,412
    edited January 2018
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".

    I didn't. It was very boring and too preach-y and "changing stuff just because".

    Question:

    Why did they have to go to Canto Bight? What's wrong with Nar Shaddaa?

    Why Crait? What's wrong with Hoth / Belsavis / Ilum?

    Hosnian system...it got destroyed in TFA, but...wtf happened to Coruscant?

    Jakku...just...lol. Tatooine 2.0 .

    Why is The First Order retarded in battle tactics? Haven't they ever heard of Pincer maneuvers? Why did they have to tag after 4-5 corvettes(and some frigates) the ENTIRE movie?

    Rey...the most uninteresting character ever. Blondie(Man with no name) has more emotions / expressions than her and we're talking about CLINT(=a man with only angry / strict etc expressions)! Total miscast ; have you seen the range of Daisy's emotional expressions? wtf?

    Way to go to waste Boyega. On a completely unimportant Minority "romance"(that even caught F1nN off guard lol). Why was that important? Wouldn't F1nN + Poe gay romance be better? If we simply must have that...

    Also Hux. GG on making him completely unimportant. Just compare him in TFA and TLJ. ... ... ... Rian, why did you do this?
    I think it's this level of detail that is the issue.

    They went to Canto Bight because that was where the guy was. Why does it have to be Nar Shaddaa

    Why crait? Because it's just a nod to hoth but it's not hoth because it's not covered with snow. Tha'ts their little joke.

    Honestly, if you want to disect it to this level you probably could do the same with the very first Star Wars movie.

    Geekdom has issues and needs to get over itself. It's just a movie. It's not life.

    also, to address a comment above, none of the male leads were gutted, they were just given different dimensions. It's ok to be flawed, it's ok to fail it makes the characters more interesting.
    RobsolfMrMelGibson
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Horusra said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Horusra said:
    add in the hyperjump attack that was crap.  Rey needing no training to "ding" Jedi level.  How could the "rebels" be fighting for 30 years yet nothing of their position had changed after destroying all top Empire command staff, 2 death stars, a major battle group, and the supposed elite of the Empire's troops.  In 30 years they did not solidify a fleet?  Luke was a joke.  Force skype calls that kill you in the end.  Hey why did Luke not just call down lightning since that seems to be a Jedi power now.  

    I did not know in space when you run out of fuel you stop and drift backwards...weird.  Purple hair commander was a joke and if she was still alive should be shot for horrible command.  

    The movie was crap.


    Yay! At least that was an intelligent commentary. Hey, I'm cool with people disliking the movie. There are probably plenty of reasons not to (not excluding the anti-climactic Snoke death), but agreeing with someone who is going on some diatribe about how it was a feminist PC film might actually drop your IQ by 20 points, because that's a bunch of back-country, redneck hilarity. Fuck, if we're really splitting hairs, you could say it's anti-feminist because 2 of the most powerful women (a General and a Vice Admiral) basically allowed their entire fleet to be picked off without so much as a whimper. 

    Seriously, I know it takes time to write down your own opinion, but sometimes agreeing with someone who has a distorted opinion is worse that a one-line response of your own making. You really looked silly agreeing with that guy. 
    Oh the SJW'ing in the movie was horrible.  Demasculating every male character making them weak, stupid, or the source of humor was horrible.  Placing all the lead characters on the Rebel side that were directing the flow of events a female was making the movie very difficult for my young cousin to even find a character that he related too and would want the toy of.  

    Going to the casino world and saving the animals but leaving the slaves to take the blame...then Rose says something like "I feel like we did a great thing."  Seriously....you just probably lead a bunch of kids to being whipped and probably a few killed as examples.

    Then Rose stops Flynn from destroying the ram and says we will only win by saving those we love....ah she did not know Super Jedi was coming so basically she just saved one man infront of, what 8 AT-AT's, so that all the people in the bunker would die?  Is Rose mentally handicapped?  She is the worst character in the movie.  She should have stayed with PETA on the casino world and did more stupid stuff to save animals while children die for it.

    How come every male character from the old movies dies in stupid ways.  While Leia is now Mary Poppins that can survive in space and has she ding'ed Jedi awhile ago because no one thought it was strange she did what she did.

    Kennedy from LucisArts was so proud before the movie's release that most of her writing staff were women and could tell the stories they wanted to tell.  Well they did...a crappy story with toys that are rotting on the shelves with the shortest lead time in the theaters of any modern Star Wars movie.  Way to go.  

    I am fine with led females in movies, but when you gut all the male leads in the new ones to correct some imagined wrong of the past movies that is just wrong.  


    Ok, so first off, demasculating isn't even a word. I shouldn't have to even continue from there, but I will. 

    First of all, pretty much every single Empire character has been EMASCULATED since the beginning of the series. Effectively, unless you had a fancy light sword, you didn't have a dick. This is actually the premise of the who Spaceballs schwartz gag. 

    Secondly, do you actually go to the movies looking for a "character to relate to"? If you do, then does that character need a penis? Rey is about as close to a carbon copy of Luke Skywalker as one could think up, so if you're a Star Wars fan then obviously you identified with Luke, so what's the difference here? Is it long hair or is it a vagina? Because Qui Gon Jinn had long hair. 

    Third, your assessment of the whole freeing of the animals thing is simply commentary on real life. Go ahead and look at your local news and you tell me what people are more outraged about, animals being hurt, or humans dying? It's actually fairly smart commentary on our society, and fairly accurate. 

    As far as Rose goes, people do stupid things in the name of love, and that's about it. If you think it's deeper than that, then I could easily whip off 10 movies that could have been solved much easier and much more quickly had someone made a sensible decision in the beginning. You're just talking shit that supports your agenda. However, if Luke had pushed him out of the way with him mind, you'd think that was fuck solid! Right? 

    I don't know why every male character dies in stupid ways..... Go check YouTube though, after a while it might start to make more sense. 

    As far as your assessment of the writing, you're just projecting. You also making the assumption that every female is a feminist. Those are some pretty broad strokes. I feel like if you ditched this idea of some sort of feminist agenda, you might actually realize that The Last Jedi was just as flawed as many of the other movies with completely irrelevant plotlines, some shitty characters, and horrible plot holes that you could fly a Calamari Cruiser through. I certainly don't think the movie was great. It would probably rank in my bottom 3, but if you believe that this movie somehow ruined the series, you obviously weren't around from Phantom Menace.
    RobsolfMrMelGibson

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,412
    CrazKanuk said:
     but if you believe that this movie somehow ruined the series, you obviously weren't around from Phantom Menace.
    I would also say return of the Jedi. That isn't a good movie at all. Well, Phantom Menace wasn't good either.

    But I was a kid when I saw Return of the Jedi and there I was, 16 years old realizing that "oh well, it's fun but not really good".

    I just don't think any of these movies should ever be looked at under a microscope as none of the creators are making them with that in mind.
    GorweRobsolfMrMelGibson
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,302
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".

    I didn't. It was very boring and too preach-y and "changing stuff just because".

    Question:

    Why did they have to go to Canto Bight? What's wrong with Nar Shaddaa?

    Why Crait? What's wrong with Hoth / Belsavis / Ilum?

    Hosnian system...it got destroyed in TFA, but...wtf happened to Coruscant?

    Jakku...just...lol. Tatooine 2.0 .

    Why is The First Order retarded in battle tactics? Haven't they ever heard of Pincer maneuvers? Why did they have to tag after 4-5 corvettes(and some frigates) the ENTIRE movie?

    Rey...the most uninteresting character ever. Blondie(Man with no name) has more emotions / expressions than her and we're talking about CLINT(=a man with only angry / strict etc expressions)! Total miscast ; have you seen the range of Daisy's emotional expressions? wtf?

    Way to go to waste Boyega. On a completely unimportant Minority "romance"(that even caught F1nN off guard lol). Why was that important? Wouldn't F1nN + Poe gay romance be better? If we simply must have that...

    Also Hux. GG on making him completely unimportant. Just compare him in TFA and TLJ. ... ... ... Rian, why did you do this?
    I think it's this level of detail that is the issue.

    They went to Canto Bight because that was where the guy was. Why does it have to be Nar Shaddaa

    Why crait? Because it's just a nod to hoth but it's not hoth because it's not covered with snow. Tha'ts their little joke.

    Honestly, if you want to disect it to this level you probably could do the same with the very first Star Wars movie.

    Geekdom has issues and needs to get over itself. It's just a movie. It's not life.

    also, to address a comment above, none of the male leads were gutted, they were just given different dimensions. It's ok to be flawed, it's ok to fail it makes the characters more interesting.

    What dimension was that...useless or made useless by a female main character.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,412
    Horusra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".

    I didn't. It was very boring and too preach-y and "changing stuff just because".

    Question:

    Why did they have to go to Canto Bight? What's wrong with Nar Shaddaa?

    Why Crait? What's wrong with Hoth / Belsavis / Ilum?

    Hosnian system...it got destroyed in TFA, but...wtf happened to Coruscant?

    Jakku...just...lol. Tatooine 2.0 .

    Why is The First Order retarded in battle tactics? Haven't they ever heard of Pincer maneuvers? Why did they have to tag after 4-5 corvettes(and some frigates) the ENTIRE movie?

    Rey...the most uninteresting character ever. Blondie(Man with no name) has more emotions / expressions than her and we're talking about CLINT(=a man with only angry / strict etc expressions)! Total miscast ; have you seen the range of Daisy's emotional expressions? wtf?

    Way to go to waste Boyega. On a completely unimportant Minority "romance"(that even caught F1nN off guard lol). Why was that important? Wouldn't F1nN + Poe gay romance be better? If we simply must have that...

    Also Hux. GG on making him completely unimportant. Just compare him in TFA and TLJ. ... ... ... Rian, why did you do this?
    I think it's this level of detail that is the issue.

    They went to Canto Bight because that was where the guy was. Why does it have to be Nar Shaddaa

    Why crait? Because it's just a nod to hoth but it's not hoth because it's not covered with snow. Tha'ts their little joke.

    Honestly, if you want to disect it to this level you probably could do the same with the very first Star Wars movie.

    Geekdom has issues and needs to get over itself. It's just a movie. It's not life.

    also, to address a comment above, none of the male leads were gutted, they were just given different dimensions. It's ok to be flawed, it's ok to fail it makes the characters more interesting.

    What dimension was that...useless or made useless by a female main character.
    If I need to explain flawed character, characters realizing that their world view isn't what they think it is and that this revelation can either empower them and change their world view or act as part of their destruction then I doubt any such discussion would really be of use.

    "made useless by a female main character."

    This is solely about you.
    RobsolfTorvalMrMelGibson
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,302
    Sovrath said:
    Horusra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".

    I didn't. It was very boring and too preach-y and "changing stuff just because".

    Question:

    Why did they have to go to Canto Bight? What's wrong with Nar Shaddaa?

    Why Crait? What's wrong with Hoth / Belsavis / Ilum?

    Hosnian system...it got destroyed in TFA, but...wtf happened to Coruscant?

    Jakku...just...lol. Tatooine 2.0 .

    Why is The First Order retarded in battle tactics? Haven't they ever heard of Pincer maneuvers? Why did they have to tag after 4-5 corvettes(and some frigates) the ENTIRE movie?

    Rey...the most uninteresting character ever. Blondie(Man with no name) has more emotions / expressions than her and we're talking about CLINT(=a man with only angry / strict etc expressions)! Total miscast ; have you seen the range of Daisy's emotional expressions? wtf?

    Way to go to waste Boyega. On a completely unimportant Minority "romance"(that even caught F1nN off guard lol). Why was that important? Wouldn't F1nN + Poe gay romance be better? If we simply must have that...

    Also Hux. GG on making him completely unimportant. Just compare him in TFA and TLJ. ... ... ... Rian, why did you do this?
    I think it's this level of detail that is the issue.

    They went to Canto Bight because that was where the guy was. Why does it have to be Nar Shaddaa

    Why crait? Because it's just a nod to hoth but it's not hoth because it's not covered with snow. Tha'ts their little joke.

    Honestly, if you want to disect it to this level you probably could do the same with the very first Star Wars movie.

    Geekdom has issues and needs to get over itself. It's just a movie. It's not life.

    also, to address a comment above, none of the male leads were gutted, they were just given different dimensions. It's ok to be flawed, it's ok to fail it makes the characters more interesting.

    What dimension was that...useless or made useless by a female main character.
    If I need to explain flawed character, characters realizing that their world view isn't what they think it is and that this revelation can either empower them and change their world view or act as part of their destruction then I doubt any such discussion would really be of use.

    "made useless by a female main character."

    This is solely about you.

    Everyone one of them is horribly flawed to the point where they can not do anything...no it is not me...it is the writers.
  • 03cobradude03cobradude Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I think the story was driven gameplay was awesome, but hated that if I wanted to play the different spin off of the same class I had to replay the entire same story over again. Kind of dumb in my opinion, also the game could have used large scale pvp. If you got more then 20 players on the screen at once it would lag all out. Could have been done better, but I did enjoy the story. The ridiculous choices you could make where awesome. Who doesn't like to torture prisoners with force lightning.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,412
    Horusra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Horusra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".

    I didn't. It was very boring and too preach-y and "changing stuff just because".

    Question:

    Why did they have to go to Canto Bight? What's wrong with Nar Shaddaa?

    Why Crait? What's wrong with Hoth / Belsavis / Ilum?

    Hosnian system...it got destroyed in TFA, but...wtf happened to Coruscant?

    Jakku...just...lol. Tatooine 2.0 .

    Why is The First Order retarded in battle tactics? Haven't they ever heard of Pincer maneuvers? Why did they have to tag after 4-5 corvettes(and some frigates) the ENTIRE movie?

    Rey...the most uninteresting character ever. Blondie(Man with no name) has more emotions / expressions than her and we're talking about CLINT(=a man with only angry / strict etc expressions)! Total miscast ; have you seen the range of Daisy's emotional expressions? wtf?

    Way to go to waste Boyega. On a completely unimportant Minority "romance"(that even caught F1nN off guard lol). Why was that important? Wouldn't F1nN + Poe gay romance be better? If we simply must have that...

    Also Hux. GG on making him completely unimportant. Just compare him in TFA and TLJ. ... ... ... Rian, why did you do this?
    I think it's this level of detail that is the issue.

    They went to Canto Bight because that was where the guy was. Why does it have to be Nar Shaddaa

    Why crait? Because it's just a nod to hoth but it's not hoth because it's not covered with snow. Tha'ts their little joke.

    Honestly, if you want to disect it to this level you probably could do the same with the very first Star Wars movie.

    Geekdom has issues and needs to get over itself. It's just a movie. It's not life.

    also, to address a comment above, none of the male leads were gutted, they were just given different dimensions. It's ok to be flawed, it's ok to fail it makes the characters more interesting.

    What dimension was that...useless or made useless by a female main character.
    If I need to explain flawed character, characters realizing that their world view isn't what they think it is and that this revelation can either empower them and change their world view or act as part of their destruction then I doubt any such discussion would really be of use.

    "made useless by a female main character."

    This is solely about you.

    Everyone one of them is horribly flawed to the point where they can not do anything...no it is not me...it is the writers.
    don't agree, especially since the women are also flawed. But it is what it is.

    Bob Chipman did two videos about this movie and I agree with his assessments. I don't always agree but in the case of this movie I do agree.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7UKW-dgZMU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDX-nywiTc

     


    immodiumRobsolfMrMelGibson
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    CrazKanuk said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.



    Is this actually a "thing", or are you just being funny? 

    Welcome to the 50s, sorry that some women took a break from making you dinner to be heroes, lol. Don't worry, there are still plenty of penises for you, since that's obviously your thing. 
    yeah because Mara jade was a male.... and she is/ was a hell a lot better then the new one, serious don't matter much if you liked the films or not tif you know the whole of the exteded universe, you will hardly like the new disney thing, and to tell teh truth didn't even bother to watch the new films, I always know what did happen don't care for the new history and the way disney is trying to sell the actress not the films is really boring, like the girl is so meh
    CrazKanukRobsolfMrMelGibson
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    CrazKanuk said:
     but if you believe that this movie somehow ruined the series, you obviously weren't around from Phantom Menace.
    I would also say return of the Jedi. That isn't a good movie at all. Well, Phantom Menace wasn't good either.

    But I was a kid when I saw Return of the Jedi and there I was, 16 years old realizing that "oh well, it's fun but not really good".

    I just don't think any of these movies should ever be looked at under a microscope as none of the creators are making them with that in mind.

    Well, Return is kinda ok if you ignore two things:

    1. Ewoks(ofc, this ruins the entire movie ; everything's so dire and dark and here you have teddy bears ; I understand that Wookiees would have been too expensive for the time, but perhaps some kind of Special Edition?)

    2. Jabba's Palace. Just imagine if the Jabba scene from Hope didn't exist. Makes this entire sequence 10x better. In fact Marcia insisted that scene be removed, but George wanted to leave it in because of reasons.

    Extra:

    3. The speeder sequence is HORRIBLY OUTDATED. Please update. Thanks.

    4. Dagobah. So, we have this ultra emotional scene and then right after that we have Obi Wan's tractate on points of view and morality. Wtf. Even Luke was "wtf dude" ; just let me mourn Yoda and go and confront Vader. But nope! Philosophy time! >.> (extra bad editing ; quite unnecessary scene)


    Lol, never mind the bit that stones seem to be the kryptonite of Stormtrooper armor. 

    I thought Episode 3 was alright too, it got back to the darker side of it. However, it's all still mostly horrible. So here's the question, has the writing team always been women? Or are people getting all pissy because this movie deviated from that "Cowboys vs Indians in Space" idea into something that is art reflecting reality? 

    As far as female leads, I am not even going to try to defend Daisy Ridley, because I think she's been pretty bland, but she's not the first female jedi. There have been some pretty badass female Jedi, especially in the expanded universe, that Disney is stomping out. So, by that token, isn't that sort of anti-feminist? Bye Jaina! Guess we'll never see you on the silver screen! 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    The only problem I have with SWTOR is their space game, SWG which is a much older game had an excellent Space game with JTL.  Beside that SWTOR is a solid mmo with excellent story telling
    ShodanasCrazKanukRobsolfMrMelGibson
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,302
    Sovrath said: nu
    Horusra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Horusra said:
    Sovrath said:
    Gorwe said:
    Sovrath said:
    Scambug said:
    Star Wars has gone full feminist/PC propaganda mode.
    The latest film was a disgrace !
    Screw that, I'm done with the franchise.
    GG WP Disney for totally ruining it.
    The MMO can go die as well. No tears will be shed.

    Huh, I really liked the new film. "oh well".

    I didn't. It was very boring and too preach-y and "changing stuff just because".

    Question:

    Why did they have to go to Canto Bight? What's wrong with Nar Shaddaa?

    Why Crait? What's wrong with Hoth / Belsavis / Ilum?

    Hosnian system...it got destroyed in TFA, but...wtf happened to Coruscant?

    Jakku...just...lol. Tatooine 2.0 .

    Why is The First Order retarded in battle tactics? Haven't they ever heard of Pincer maneuvers? Why did they have to tag after 4-5 corvettes(and some frigates) the ENTIRE movie?

    Rey...the most uninteresting character ever. Blondie(Man with no name) has more emotions / expressions than her and we're talking about CLINT(=a man with only angry / strict etc expressions)! Total miscast ; have you seen the range of Daisy's emotional expressions? wtf?

    Way to go to waste Boyega. On a completely unimportant Minority "romance"(that even caught F1nN off guard lol). Why was that important? Wouldn't F1nN + Poe gay romance be better? If we simply must have that...

    Also Hux. GG on making him completely unimportant. Just compare him in TFA and TLJ. ... ... ... Rian, why did you do this?
    I think it's this level of detail that is the issue.

    They went to Canto Bight because that was where the guy was. Why does it have to be Nar Shaddaa

    Why crait? Because it's just a nod to hoth but it's not hoth because it's not covered with snow. Tha'ts their little joke.

    Honestly, if you want to disect it to this level you probably could do the same with the very first Star Wars movie.

    Geekdom has issues and needs to get over itself. It's just a movie. It's not life.

    also, to address a comment above, none of the male leads were gutted, they were just given different dimensions. It's ok to be flawed, it's ok to fail it makes the characters more interesting.

    What dimension was that...useless or made useless by a female main character.
    If I need to explain flawed character, characters realizing that their world view isn't what they think it is and that this revelation can either empower them and change their world view or act as part of their destruction then I doubt any such discussion would really be of use.

    "made useless by a female main character."

    This is solely about you.

    Everyone one of them is horribly flawed to the point where they can not do anything...no it is not me...it is the writers.
    don't agree, especially since the women are also flawed. But it is what it is.

    Bob Chipman did two videos about this movie and I agree with his assessments. I don't always agree but in the case of this movie I do agree.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7UKW-dgZMU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDX-nywiTc

     


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=9QJRw56cOVw

    That pretty much sums up the movie flaws.  As to writing there is no hero' journey and no overcoming of flaws which is needed to actually make people like the characters.

    Han Solo started as one only caring about money at the end he came back and helped on his own and people loved him for it.

    Luke was a cocky twit that did not want responsibiity just action.  He turned into one wanting to fight for a cause and be responsible.  On his own.

    Flynn wanted to run away because he was not fighting a lost cause.  He tries to fix the flaw by sacrificing himself and Rose stops it and ruins the audience feeling for Flynn.  A writer could have let him survive risking his life to stop the Ram, instead he is saved by Rose with some stupid words for him about love.  Nephew does not care about a wannabe loser that cannot seem to do anything right and just lucks into things.

    Poe was a hot head do it my way and it led to deaths at the start.  When he takes over the ship leading the audience that maybe he has overcome his flaw and is trying to save lives he is made a joke and useless.  Purple hair stuns him making the whole development of Poe pointless and adds more reasons why purple hair is a moron that should be spaced. Nothing there for my nephew.

    Luke in the new movie tried to kill his nephew?  The same Luke that was willing to risk everything for a spark of goodness in Vader.  But now he is willing to kill leia's son in his sleep?  Then he is a comedy relief for Rey and dies from exhaustion.  What is to make my nephew want to be Luke?

    Why would the audience look to any of those male leds with affections.  They were all failures when compared to the female leds.  
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 29,412
    edited January 2018
    Horusra said:


    Luke in the new movie tried to kill his nephew?  The same Luke that was willing to risk everything for a spark of goodness in Vader.  But now he is willing to kill leia's son in his sleep?  Then he is a comedy relief for Rey and dies from exhaustion.  What is to make my nephew want to be Luke?

    Why would the audience look to any of those male leds with affections.  They were all failures when compared to the female leds.  
    That's not what happened at all.

    Luke, seeing this horrid evil, knowing what happened to Vader sort of loses it. He has doubt. But then, in the last minute, he realized his mistake, that he shouldn't have had doubt. However, it was too late.

    He doesn't die of exhaustion. Really? Come on man, you're smarter than that.

    even my friend, who is not a "star wars fan" picked up that he "doesn't die" and she knew the reason why.
    RobsolfMrMelGibson
Sign In or Register to comment.