Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Producer's Letter Spotlights the Team's Commitment to 'Improve in Everything We Do' - General News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

Producer's Letter Spotlights the Team's Commitment to 'Improve in Everything We Do' - General News

The latest ArcheAge Producer's Letter has been published that reveals a brand new commitment from the team to "look at what we can improve [on] in everything we do". This includes direct communication from XLGames about, for instance, specific changes to game systems and the reasons behind it.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    The truth has been spoken err typed.
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Until they drop the ridiculous cash shop I won't touch this with someone elses dick
    UNH0LYEV1LAllerleirauhCyber_wastelandBranko2307Coolit
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Bait 'n' Switched at launch. Lied to by Trion. Stayed for a year anyways. Best MMORPG concept I ever played. Worst execution of greed and mismanagement I've ever epxerienced. I miss you Archeage Alpha. :\
    ThupliUNH0LYEV1Lmcrippinsrasgan514holdenhamletBrunlindinogn
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Fresh start servers again?
    UNH0LYEV1LrojoArcueid
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ,, Open a sub only server with cosmetic cash shop only ...
    ThupliUNH0LYEV1Lmcrippinsrasgan514DullahanBrunlinkinkyJalepenoWarLord2424Coolitdinogn
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Talonsin said:
    Fresh start servers again?
    Awesome sig.    :D
    Dullahan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    when the cash shop is gone and its sub only ill play, till then no thanks...

• farwardenfarwarden Member CommonPosts: 6
    Gonna wait till that WOW Classic server, cannot even imagine a news that will make me to want for something else :)
    Cyber_wastelandBrunlin
  • DaphonicDaphonic Member UncommonPosts: 42

Scorchien said:

,, Open a sub only server with cosmetic cash shop only ...

100% onboard with this!
    BrunlinScorchien

• ashylaashyla Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited November 2017
    What you need to stop doing, is not to lock the game. I stayed 3 months inside the library to drop 3 items and never got it. We are not slaves. Reckoning server.
  • KhegobierKhegobier Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Change... everything ...you do?

Sorry, too little too late for that. Every major patch brings about complete core gameplay overhauls. XL and Trion never can stay in sync with each other. And please don't get me started about merges and fresh start servers. Everything that Trion does with ArcheAge is purely about "How can be pull more money from players' wallets with less effort." Never touching their crap again.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Well, there's certainly plenty of room for improvement so a pretty easy promise to keep. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Labor costs blow...pass.
    Coolit
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    Archeage's downfall is how I know this is hell we all live in.
    BruceYee
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    New promises to break YAY!!
  • GilnidorGilnidor Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Not worth my money or time. Fooled once not again!

• angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I think with every official 'letter' they provide they trot out the same 'This time we are REALLY listening' lol...
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Hold on, they screwed everyone over after the original release, then said "we are sorry, we have learnt our lesson so here are some fresh start servers. Then screwed over everyone that came back (me included) with the s.o.s. Now they saying "no really, we have learnt our lesson, here's some fresh start servers coming in 2018"..

Man XLGames have got some good shit they are smoking. Cosmetic cash shop and sub or GTFO!!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Hold on, they screwed everyone over after the original release, then said "we are sorry, we have learnt our lesson so here are some fresh start servers. Then screwed over everyone that came back (me included) with the s.o.s. Now they saying "no really, we have learnt our lesson, here's some fresh start servers coming in 2018"..

Man XLGames have got some good shit they are smoking. Cosmetic cash shop and sub or GTFO!!

Exactly I wasn't in the Original Arche Age, but I joined awhile after its release, and I quit the game after about 1-2 years of playing at most with Several Accounts, max land on all of them, max building upgrades, and farms totally was a (Whale) on that game spending well over a $300+ a month.

But Trion over-all brought nothing great to the game, they ruined Archeum prices my main profit income of over 5000 gold a day was from Archeum till they broke the economy made it easy to get for everone that didn't make me quit though.

Then they added PVP made it so any guild could instantly deck and force pvp people running trade-packs griefing, and dictatorships to the most powerful guilds on the servers totally screwing over casual players.

After spending well over $1000 on the game I don't see how Trion could make me come back to it, even Black Desert Online is better than Arche Age, the only thing i loved about Arche Age was the crafting system, harvesting, and farming, but how could I Ever trust Trion Worlds again not to make the same mistakes with so much money.

My money is on the fact that this game has likely lost most of its whales, and top paying customers such as myself now they are trying to make more money, and with Ashes OF Creation + Black Desert Online out they are going to lose even more until there are only like 1-3 servers max given there are always server merges going on and customers losing land.

Even features like Banking Space, and Inventory space becomes a problem when you hoard costumes like I do run out of room and only place is to put it is on a chest on your land but if that chest gets deleted you can lose everything.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    To be successfull this game needed a monthly subscription, THEY LOST THEIR INTEGRITY AND REPUTATION WITH THEIR P2W PRACTICES,i won't touch any of their games
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯