Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert GM going around in game PKing

2»

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
     This is a full loot PvP game.  Aren't you supposed to say this is the most amazing type of game and call anyone who doesnt agree a carebear?   
    Phry
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    dave6660 said:
    Talonsin said:
    I'm a bit confused as well, did the person have GM powers and just ran around killing random people?  Or was he/she just playing a normal toon and RPing a super villian?
    That's what I was wondering too.  If the GM was playing in god-mode then I don't agree with the stunt.  If he was playing as a regular character then let him have at it.
    Why not? It's just like a dev controlling a world boss or something. I wish there was more stuff like this in games, not less.. or none.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    flizzer said:
     This is a full loot PvP game.  Aren't you supposed to say this is the most amazing type of game and call anyone who doesnt agree a carebear?   
    The NA/EU BDO is not full loot. You lose enchantments on your equipment when you die as a red player. This change was implemented to disable players from trading and/or maybe to lower grief when dying as a red player.

As previously mentioned, there was no benefit to being killed by a GM. You can't obtain his gear when you kill him. The fun was removed due to limitations implemented.
    flizzer said:
    The NA/EU BDO is not full loot. You lose enchantments on your equipment when you die as a red player. This change was implemented to disable players from trading and/or maybe to lower grief when dying as a red player.

As previously mentioned, there was no benefit to being killed by a GM. You can't obtain his gear when you kill him. The fun was removed due to limitations implemented.
    Apparently you can only have fun by getting some kind of reward these days.

Yes, I often feel like I've had a terrible time skiing down a mountain because someone didn't give me a sword when I got to the bottom.
    TalonsinAzaron_Nightblade
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    The idea was good, give the community a bit of an atmosphere, i guess. A maniac is wandering the forest theme.

But come on, with all those stupid costumes it quickly lost its meaning. I can imagine something like Game of thrones costumes in a medieval like world and one dude is wearing a suit and tie drinking his martini, just fuck off.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    dave6660 said:
    Talonsin said:
    I'm a bit confused as well, did the person have GM powers and just ran around killing random people?  Or was he/she just playing a normal toon and RPing a super villian?
    That's what I was wondering too.  If the GM was playing in god-mode then I don't agree with the stunt.  If he was playing as a regular character then let him have at it.
    Why not? It's just like a dev controlling a world boss or something. I wish there was more stuff like this in games, not less.. or none.
    World bosses are killable, I'm fine with that.  You want to face invincible bosses?  I fail to see the fun in that.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

dave6660 said:
    dave6660 said:
    Talonsin said:
    World bosses are killable, I'm fine with that.  You want to face invincible bosses?  I fail to see the fun in that.
    Could be fun in some situations. In Alien: Isolation and games like that the monster is often unkillable.

Anyway, they weren't unkillable. They kill the GM at the end of the video.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    flizzer said:
    Guess you haven't played BDO then, there is no looting in PVP at all.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Really enjoyed this game for a long time....but it has the worst pvp in any mmo I've ever played. That is saying a lot.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!