Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert GM going around in game PKing

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Comments

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    What was the point the GM is trying to make?
    Kyleran
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    GM just looks bored asf to me
  • CorileannaCorileanna Member UncommonPosts: 94
    GMs can't do what players do? I though Black Desert had lots of gankers and such?
    Phaedruslives
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Completely confused as to what I even watched.  Just a high level avatar that's owned by a GM ganking weaker players, or...?
    Kyleran

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    In a decent mmo there would be a chance of killing the red player and obtaining their gear. In the case of BDO, there is no benefit or fun involved with a GM pking players.
    Gdemamiholdenhamlet
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    This thread is the benefit. Buncha weenies are about to hit the T_T button like he's actually taking human life. Dude is RP'ing a super villain and having fun with players. With the amount of fragile people they attracted to playing BDO they might as well remove the PVP before a special person files a lawsuit or something. Geez.
    MikehaKyleranNephethSaxx0n
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    This thread is the benefit. Buncha weenies are about to hit the T_T button like he's actually taking human life. Dude is RP'ing a super villain and having fun with players. With the amount of fragile people they attracted to playing BDO they might as well remove the PVP before a special person files a lawsuit or something. Geez.

If they remove PvP i'm buying the game and will enjoy playing it.
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    My question was from the point that being a GM , they could have "God-like" power and be invunalble as well. So referring back to my question, What point were they trying to make or were they just doing it for s*its and giggles?  I know I spelled the one word wrong but I don't know it's spelling.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I'm a bit confused as well, did the person have GM powers and just ran around killing random people?  Or was he/she just playing a normal toon and RPing a super villian?
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If they gave the people that got PKed a prize or something that would be cool. Its an event so that means people should get something from the event. 
    Sovrathholdenhamlet
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Albatroes said:
    GM just looks bored asf to me
    You got that from looking at a game avatar?
    Octagon7711Mikeha
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    For the people who went flat, the "fun" part was what exactly?

Octagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Kyleran said:

I'd be ok with this if I had a chance at winning. Meaning, as long as they weren't invulnerable.

Though, truth be told, if they really "role played" the heck out of it as I see form some of the chat bubbles, that might be pretty funny for me as well.
    Mikeha
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It looked like they did get him at the end.  So a group got the satisfaction of killing a GM.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    It was a little event on the PvP channel, where you can kill anyone without losing karma. And the GM wasn't godlike in power. Some of my guildies fought them.
    Octagon7711FlyByKnightKyleran

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    @Jamar870the point was for people to get bragging rights over killing a GM, and to promote people to hop onto the PvP channel and have some fun fights. It was announced that they would be on that channel, so if you're the type that gets a bruised ego from dying to another player, you could channel hop. Not that you should've even been on Valencia6 if you're that type of player.

(And by "you" I mean the generic you, not you specifically Jam)
    Nepheth

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ;)

GM: You escaped this time...

Player: REEEEEEEEE
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Kyleran said:

Something random happening in an otherwise dull dialed in ecosystem. The first guy who got wiped looked hella entertained. Hell, people start trembling and wetting themselves when GMs show up in general chat. The guy literally was RP'ing while doing it. Folks need to get a grip.
    Mikeha
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    just stupid.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Carebears: I can die in a video game and respawn 2 seconds later 5 feet away and lose literally nothing. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

PvPers: Wow there's a new challenging event, let's team up and see if we can beat the gm! WEEEEEEEEE!

Reminds me of an old UO private server where the reds were too dominate, so GMs would screw with us. I figured out that they weren't completely immune, and we ended up hunting GMs with the few spells that actually worked on them (like Earthquake). They didn't let me keep the head GMs shadow robe though. Apparently it would confuse people into thinking I was staff. QQ.

Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Carebears: I can die in a video game and respawn 2 seconds later 5 feet away and lose literally nothing. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Clearly you are playing the wrong kind of PVP games if those are the only penalties.

Carebear.

;)

ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:

Clearly you are playing the wrong kind of PVP games if those are the only penalties.

Carebear.

;)

It's one of these comments like "I can't believe people are stupid enough to come to this place!" ;)
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    We used to do this on private Ragnarok Online servers 10 years ago.
    We GMs would give ourselves godly stats and fight against the whole server inside Prontera.

It's not exactly new and not long lasting fun either.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Talonsin said:
    I'm a bit confused as well, did the person have GM powers and just ran around killing random people?  Or was he/she just playing a normal toon and RPing a super villian?
    That's what I was wondering too.  If the GM was playing in god-mode then I don't agree with the stunt.  If he was playing as a regular character then let him have at it.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I think this is really cool and something i have been asking for in MMO's for a long time. Organic Live GM NPC's giving live quests, Gm'S controlling world bosses unscripted and completely random. This is something if done right and done well could revive the MMO genre
    Mikeha
    • Aloha Mr Hand !