Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

planning ahead for star citizen

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
After seeing that new vid from games comm i made a decision..

Game looks absolute awesome.. and since im sort of visuallly addicted aswell to games im gonna try out SC.

My computer is kinda old tho, so im wondering what kinda specs are needed for this game..

you think its possible to run this game on 4k?

thx

tried to look on the website but couldn;t find and specs info

BabuinixWalkinGlenn

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    In my opion the game will be able to run on consol's before its ever released. It's taking way to long.
    KyleranOdeezee
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    no specs info known?

thx

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    You will be waiting awhile before they are even close to releasing any type of specs. SC is known for scrapping everything and starting from scratch. and I wouldn't base what the game will look like based on a tech demos.

Do not spend money on this game atm.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Just figure its gonna take a High End comp vid card.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    High-end video card now will not be a high-end video card if/when this game releases.

Hold off on spending any money till they are within 2 months of actually releasing the game.

• RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    edited November 2017

Game looks absolute awesome.. and since im sort of visuallly addicted aswell to games im gonna try out SC.

My computer is kinda old tho, so im wondering what kinda specs are needed for this game..

thx

Invest in the game if you want (many packages are available) and enjoy what the game will be with version 2.6.3 (missions, social, learning your ship(s), small exploration etc) and get ready for what you saw from GamesCon (3.0 and beyond!) which should out for us by Christmas.
    The game is changing, but for the better and overall gameplay is probably done so work is polish and bug squashing and future content is being worked on. I believe CIG will be fine tuning the game constantly until release for most older machines to run decently. Many players are excited about the game for good reason and it creates negative ranks from those who aren't patient. If you can put up with that, join us!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2017
    Some reports from Star Citizen backers about the rigs they use ... compare it with your specs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4noyf8/what_pc_specs_is_everyone_running/

You may want to wait until the next Free Fly event to try Star Citizen for free.

Have fun

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Erillion said:
    Some reports from Star Citizen backers about the rigs they use ... compare it with your specs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4noyf8/what_pc_specs_is_everyone_running/

You may want to wait until the next Free Fly event to try Star Citizen for free.

Have fun

reminds me of decades ago when getting the best rig to run the best graphics game was all the fun.

Now its all 'this game isnt optimized for my machine running XP...it sucks!'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    SEANMCAD said:

Now its all 'this game isnt optimized for my machine running XP...it sucks!'

Did you see the drop in Windows 10 use on Steam Analytics because Windows 7 gives better performance in "PlayerUnknowns Battleground" ?  :-)

Have fun
    Kyleran
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    If you update your computer in 2020 you might be in time for Star Citizen's release.

Currently final specs required for the game are unknown, and the release is so far away that buying anything now to prepare for that is a waste of money.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

thx

You do know the game doesn't look like that now, you saw a video about how it will look one day.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Somewhere PT Barnum is smiling
    Arglebargle
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    The cheapest game package (45$) and a decent PC (i5, 8gb ram, 2GB GPU) is the bare minimum imo to enjoy some of the best visuals in the sci-fi genre.

You can fly, dogfight, fps gun fight, race or do simple fetch quests and fly all the available ship's by earning credits or just asking people for a ride in the world chat.

If visuals are your thing Star Citizen is already more than worth the entry price.

Thanks to the photo mode there's plenty of opportunity to take breathtaking footage.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Star Citizen is not as intensive as it looks, it's usually seen the low FPS complaints and footage but that's not something your hardware will prevent if their servers are lagging behind.

Any medium-high machine for now seems to be more than okay, if you are willing to accept +30FPS at high settings and not +60FPS.

I don't think this game push in requirements more than what the alpha already weights on you. As more graphical stuff is to be expected, so is the focused optimization process is that kicks in at the later stages, so it's safe to expect somewhat of a balance, new features will not make the game more expensive to run (graphics-wise), should be aware is of simulation stuff that weighs on your CPU, do not underestimate the CPU usage of a sim game.
    MaxBacon said:
    Star Citizen is not as intensive as it looks, it's usually seen the low FPS complaints and footage but that's not something your hardware will prevent if their servers are lagging behind.

Any medium-high machine for now seems to be more than okay, if you are willing to accept +30FPS at high settings and not +60FPS.

I don't think this game push in requirements more than what the alpha already weights on you. As more graphical stuff is to be expected, so is the focused optimization process is that kicks in at the later stages, so it's safe to expect somewhat of a balance, new features will not make the game more expensive to run (graphics-wise), should be aware is of simulation stuff that weighs on your CPU, do not underestimate the CPU usage of a sim game.
    what game would you point to that is nearly as extensive? as an example of a baseline

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I think you'll have a good 3 years to save up for a new rig if you aren't planning to play until launch. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    what game would you point to that is nearly as extensive? as an example of a baseline
    Using 2-year-old games, Assasin's Creed Black Flag and Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor pushed your GPU around the same levels as SC does today (in med-high settings not max). Also Thief.

MaxBacon said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Using 2-year-old games, Assasin's Creed Black Flag and Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor pushed your GPU around the same levels as SC does today (in med-high settings not max). Also Thief.

oh sorry I thought we were talking about game play
    kikoodutroa8