Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Is Finally Making A Classic Server

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
About time... But will it truly be classic? 

Comments

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    They said it wont be a "launch experience" meaning it will probably be much more polished maybe even better then the last Vanilla patch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Are they stopping it at a certain expansion? 
    Classis means theres no expansions.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    That's good news, lets hope they keep it that way... 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited November 2017
    Lot of people are yelling "WE GOT VANILLA, YAY", but I wouldnt be that certain.

Classic =/= Vanilla.
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Now we will get to see how many of those that claimed if they released it would play it.  I loved the original game myself, it was great, but not going to play something that never has anything new added myself.  How many people are going to stick around when they figure out that's it nothing new will be added from this point on ever?

I really do hope that those that are looking for it enjoy it, though.
    Xarko said:

Classic =/= Vanilla.

Did u even watch the announcment? ill take a wild gues and say 100% NOT...
    Xarko

edited November 2017
    Xarko said:

Classic =/= Vanilla.

What Im saying is you will be playing vanilla content, but not in vanilla way.

Which I think is a good think, but perhaps not for people who want to play WoW as they did on private servers.
    Steelhelm
    Xarko said:
    Xarko said:

Classic =/= Vanilla.

What Im saying is you will be playing vanilla content, but not in vanilla way.

Which I think is a good think, but perhaps not for people who want to play WoW as they did on private servers.

What you are so badly trying to say is that after a milion people asked blizzard for Vanilla back they are gonna bring something else back? dude get a grip...it will be same Vanilla just maybe even more polished then the last patch.
    SteelhelmGdemami

Branko2307 said:
    after a milion people asked blizzard for Vanilla 
    Oh, you are one of those.
    Steelhelm
    Xarko said:
    Branko2307 said:
    after a milion people asked blizzard for Vanilla 
    Oh, you are one of those.
    Ima rate this deflection at 0/10.
    XarkoGdemami

"But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse."

Direct Blizzard quote on WoW Classic.

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Classis means theres no expansions.
    I have to ask the question, if it is purely vanilla WoW, surely it's going to get old very quickly as people will run out of things to do (as there will be a lot less than the current state game) and running the same dungeons and maxing gear will be, well, repetitive no?

What's the attraction in that?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    "But yeah, the goal is to recreate that exact experience, for better or for worse."

"Read my lips, no new taxes" 

GWB 1988.
    ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Kyleran said:

"Read my lips, no new taxes" 

GWB 1988.
    Of course they could be lying or not know that they're misrepresenting the truth, but what kind of an argument is that? The "I know what they are going to do and they don't" argument is incredibly stupid.
    KyleranGdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    As I've mentioned elsewhere, this isn't a startup indie trying to get crowdfunded.  Blizzard has enough of a track record to put faith that they're not going to just blow smoke to build a hype towards something they don't intent to deliver.

I would be surprised if it was a large departure from vanilla in any way but aesthetics and user friendliness (i.e. UI).
    Kyleran

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    As I've mentioned elsewhere, this isn't a startup indie trying to get crowdfunded.  Blizzard has enough of a track record to put faith that they're not going to just blow smoke to build a hype towards something they don't intent to deliver.

I would be surprised if it was a large departure from vanilla in any way but aesthetics and user friendliness (i.e. UI).

I agree, but to some purists even the slightest deviation ruins the whole thing.

Went through it with the DAOC freeshard, they manically delivered v  1.69, and even then people complained....was too much like the original....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Kyleran said:

I agree, but to some purists even the slightest deviation ruins the whole thing.

Went through it with the DAOC freeshard, they manically delivered v  1.69, and even then people complained....was too much like the original....
    I don't think anyone said people wouldn't complain. The assertion was that they were lying (not by you). Why would you focus on disappointment? That is the only thing that is assured. It's essentially a strawman to present complaint as the issue at hand while people were discussing lying and misrepresentation.