Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starcraft 2 Free 2 Play

GorweGorwe Member RarePosts: 4,853
Apparently, Starcraft 2 will go f2p. I just don't understand what's happening tbh. Has it flopped?

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/21173629/starcraft-ii-going-free-to-play-explained-11-3-2017

... O.o

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 3,894
    Nah.. But it was always intended to be a 3 game series. Now it is about getting the last of the expansion sales before the game it self goes in to legacy mode (same as SC 1).

Simply the base game is not selling any more. So give the base game away to drive expansion sales. 
    MrMelGibson

Tawess gaming

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation

• cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 64
    edited November 2017
    i honestly don't know anyone that plays starcraft 2, it's always nice to see more players on ranked ladder though. i honestly dont feel like it outdid starcraft 1, everyone i know plays 1 over 2 because it's just easier to get into.
    Post edited by ciely on
  • GorweGorwe Member RarePosts: 4,853
    If they do decide to make Starcraft 3, I sincirely hope that they'll outdo 2 and outdo it severely. 2 was so...meh to me. The fact that they decided to cling to boring and outdated 3 faction design only cemented my opinion of it. You had Raynor's Raiders, The Dominion, Moebius Corp, various Broods, Zerus primeval Zerg, Khalai Protoss(High Templar), Ner'azim Protoss(Dark Templar), Tal'darim Protoss(Blood Templar?), Purifiers etc. But NO! We better stick to 3 faction crap.