Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discord fails

HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
My friends cant hear me on discord when i play guild wars 2...
I tryed to enable overlay and the game is on my game list in discord...wth is wrong here ?

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    edited March 2018
    I don't know why so many people insist on Discord.  It's incredibly problematic.  I've had it lagging me out in games for months.  I ended up moving it off of my Gaming machine to my iMac (on same desk), and I just don't talk in Discord anymore (because that's completely impractical).  A lot of people in guilds I'm in complain about Discord given them problems, lagging their systems out (and by lag, I mean connection lag when running discord, not graphics lag/stutter in gameplay).

Ventrillo and TeamSpeak worked fine.  Free isn't always better, and I'm personally tired of downgrading my performance and gaming experience just because some guild leader is too poor to pay for a Vent/TS server.  I hate this software.

---

To answer your question, you may need to run Discord with elevated privileges to use it over Full Screen games.  I think that was a problem when I used to use it.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    i have no issues
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    run as administrator
    use push to talk instead
    run gw2 in windowed mode
    try browser discord instead