Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BREAKING NEWS: Blizzard Announces Vanilla Servers - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

kitarad said:

They said they made too many changes and don't have the original version of the game....lies ?

In an interview with the CEO he was saying they are going to have to do a lot of reverse coding to get it going. They have the plan in place and are sure they can do it but I got the impression they were only just starting it. I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Honestly, Blizzard wouldn't announce something like this until it was close to implementation. Heck, they were ever talking about it last year but were under sure as to how to structure it in terms of how releasing would go and such.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,022
    They said "Please bear with us, it's gonna take some time". I wouldn't expect to see classic servers before the next xpac launches.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,309
    tawess said:
    I came from SWG and CoH in to vanilla WoW... it was pretty much a stone age cave-painting compared to those games and i dropped back out quickly. Came back for BC a quickie... Dropped out again before even getting out of the first area. Came back again with WotLK being pulled in by my better half. 

I have 0 interest in a classic server but ii am still humble enough to congratulate those who want such a service. 

I had a completely different experience. I went into both EQ2 and WOW at launch after about a year and half of not playing any MMOs. I dropped EQ2, loved vanilla WOW and stuck around there for a few years through BC and going back after every expansion for a while except the last one.

I'm actually looking forward to the next expansion more than I am Classic but I'll probably sample it just for the sake of nostalgia. Whether it holds my interest is a totally different question.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,851

Iselin said:

Wow!

Iselin
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,555
    waynejr2 said:
    Torval said:
    It does blow a hole in the argument that running private servers doesn't step on the business toes of Blizzard.

Not if billy doesn't come back.  They didn't have his money so....
    I mean whatever excuse people use to continue of free pirate servers, they can't use the argument that it's okay because Blizz doesn't offer Vanilla therefore they're not taking money from Blizzard's coffers. Now that Blizzard offers a "Classic" experience running pirate servers does step on their revenue stream.
    MadFrenchie
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,537
    Loved the comment about needing the auctioned off blade servers back.. lol
    Torval
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 333
    edited November 2017
    Count me in, i'm 33 now and i was 20 back when i started vanilla. I'm a bit older and with 2 kids but i will no doubt play this.

Just too many memories in Vanilla to not go back and experience it, i long for the days of creating my own 5-man dungeon group and riding out to the dungeon whilst having a talk with the group. Also questing was a ton of fun and i really believe this will do more good then harm...if people wanna experience vanilla then let them.
  • shawnpatshawnpat Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Today's generation of players is gonna HATE this, talk about grinding and lack of content, yeah.........
    Tokken
  • YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    I hope to God that they have the class quests included in this!
  • steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    i lost my love for WoW when they removed my 40 man raids.
    i will rebuy the game when this launches.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,709
    Looks like we finally can put the Blizzard supporting vanilla WoW debate to rest. 

@SedrynTyros rejoice!

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,851
    shawnpat said:
    Today's generation of players is gonna HATE this, talk about grinding and lack of content, yeah.........
    Nahh, they can buy the boosters and bypass all that old content.

(Yes that was sarcasm)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 16,309
    shawnpat said:
    Cool. I hope they stay away and we can have a place of our own that isn't called Get Me Outta Here Gardens or Altzheimers Acres.
    ConstantineMerus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,782
    Why do I get the feeling this is one of those situations when a parent finally gives up but later on would say "I told you so"
    Celcius
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Currently Playing: DOOM (2016)
  • ckotocckotoc Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Finally!Now i can quit my job,get a divorce and give my children for adoption.
    ConstantineMerus
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,744
    Why do I get the feeling this is one of those situations when a parent finally gives up but later on would say "I told you so"
    That is precisely the situation. It will be funny when the classic server players are demanding TBC a few months in. 
    ConstantineMerus
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,423
    Wouldn't get into that again, will bring back the reality of just how grindy WoW vanilla was, it'll put you in shock haha

But still unexpected.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 8,097
    I am playing Project 1999 WoW is a joke in comparison the grind I mean,the game is great the grind is super easy in comparison.
    blueturtle13NildenGyva02
    Chamber of Chains
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,402
    cheyane said:
    I am playing Project 1999 WoW is a joke in comparison the grind I mean,the game is great the grind is super easy in comparison.
    It takes 2 weeks to hit 60 in vanilla, the people complaining about a grind must have never played EQ. I agree the grind in WoW is a joke in comparison.
    Gyva02deniter

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    most exciting news from Blizz since the leaked "Titan" project......RIP..... i just hope these vanilla servers have been visually remastered cause i don't think i can play a game with 2004 graphics anymore. i will however have to at least check this out.
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Good news for the WoW faithful, but not enough for me to return to subscribing to WoW.
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Is everybody on the Azeroth?
    We put some energy into this place!
    I want to ask you something
    Are you ready for the sound of Blizzard?
    I want to see you sweat!
    I said, I want to see you sweat!
    Yeah...
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    We need the base game!
    Come on!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    It's so beautiful to see your hands in the keyboard!
    Put your hands in the keyboard!
    Come on!
    This is Vanilla!
    We want to sing a big shout to us and to all Vanilla gamers in the world!
    And to Nostalrius, Russia, J. Allen Brack, Nostralia, Dirge, Light's Hope, VanillaGaming, Feenix, Classic-WoW, Thrall, NostalGeek,Kronos WoW, Vanilllagaming DB, WOW-Atlantida, Mark of Kern, Barrens chat,Hell, Allakhazam, Metagaming, Broken Tooth, Sylvanas, Miss hits,Weapon masters, Varimathras, Tauren Racial, Special, Leveling P.I.T.A ,PvP, Skada, Gizmos.(And many more)

And to all Vanilla gamers all over the world!
    Keep the vibes
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Do you like it hardcore?
    We need the hardcore!
    Come on! Come on! Come on!
    Hyper! Hyper!
    Sit there
    Be good
    Bye-bye!

------

Big thanks to everyone who made this possible.
    Branko2307

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• steamtanksteamtank Member UncommonPosts: 391
    its going to be a funny thing when the launch of  Classic WoW crushes the sales of WoW expac and whatever other game is unfortunate enough to be on the same release schedule.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I played for about a month or 2 last December on Elysium server before quitting. I basically quit not because i wasnt enjoying the grind but i knew the servers would't last and it would have been very frustrating to lose all that progress and time.

Im more excited over the announcement of Vanilla servers than i am of the bland looking expansion
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 2,877
    Just remember and prepare yourselves.... the the classic servers will not be exactly like vanilla wow.   It would be hard for the devs to make it as it was..... there will probably be a few changes.  good or bad? 
    Make PvE GREAT Again!