Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An MMO that isn't totally dark and depressing, while still being fun?

2»

Comments

• ScielaSciela Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Gorwe said:

DARK SOULS

...there are even multiplayer elements.

Yeah, it's like a definition of doom + gloom(or is it? You answer that), but that's one seriously fun game trilogy.

Just play Dark Souls.
    I played Dark Souls 1 and 2, and got bored in the beginning of 3. :P
    Gorwe
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    You know what you need?  City of Heroes.  Too bad it's dead AF.  Maybe you'll enjoy one of it's successors if they ever release.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Or, while waiting for a successor, CO. The IP itself is more like a mock to the genre, the writing is fun, sometimes breaking the 4th wall even, and definitely not dark or depressing. Except Vibora, and maybe the Demonflame storyline.
    Bloodmoon can be a bit dark too (the Halloween event, which is still on, since it was extended for a few days, http://www.mmorpg.com/champions-online/news/if-you-neglected-your-blood-moon-run-we-have-good-news-1000046218 ), but has its comic relief moments too.
  • ScielaSciela Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Gorwe said:
    Interesting. Why did you get bored in 3?
    It was just more of the same that 1 and 2 were. There isn't really a cohesive story, and the gameplay really didn't change much, so I just got bored. I got to Farron's Keep (or however you spell it), and just didn't play anymore after that.