Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ghost of Tsushima

AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
edited November 2017 in General Gaming
This open world looks promising. Tenchu reborn maybe?
Post edited by Asheram on

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It looks awesome, but I wish people would stop announcing games so damn early. I just want to hear about them like maybe 4 months prior, instead of any time in 2019. 

I sure hope it feels like Tenchu
    Asheram
    The dev in the video said its in a very playable state so hopefully we get more info @ E3. Plus the speculation that it might release on the anniversary of the actual historical mongol invasion October 5th would be cool, if its this oct and not next years though. ;p
    Asheram said:
    This open world looks promising. Tenchu reborn definately.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Looks really neat.
    Asheram
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    edited June 2018
    This is even better news for me because I liked the shielder and the polearm so not stuck with katana whole game.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    It looks beautiful, but I have two concerns here:

1) Are we stuck with the outfit/armor shown in the gameplay trailer? I really find his design bland, stiff, and uninspiring.

2) Combat seems like a stiffer version of For Honor, with all fluidity stripped out of animations in favor of realism or efficiency.
    Asheram
    edited June 2018
    Aeander said:
    It looks beautiful, but I have two concerns here:

1) Are we stuck with the outfit/armor shown in the gameplay trailer? I really find his design bland, stiff, and uninspiring.

2) Combat seems like a stiffer version of For Honor, with all fluidity stripped out of animations in favor of realism or efficiency.
    Well I would say there is going to be different armor types because in the very first trailer the little tidbit of gameplay near the end of it he was suiting up in a black outfit/armor type.

Also they hinted at being able to use other weapons so its probably safe to assume different armor/outfits too.

That fight between him and the lady who wanted to kill the monk took place in the open world not a separate instance and was one of many side quests.

DMKano said:
    My problem - and it's a big one - PS4 only.

PC please.
    Well theres always Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Nioh 2- which I am hearing is going to have a character creation tool and not a set protagonist.

Also worth mentioning is the game can be played in either english or japanese w/ english subs.
    https://gamerant.com/ghosts-of-tsushima-japanese-english-subtitles/
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Asheram said:

DMKano said:
    My problem - and it's a big one - PS4 only.

PC please.
    Well theres always Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Nioh 2- which I am hearing is going to have a character creation tool and not a set protagonist.

I hope to play all three during 2019. Its going to be a great year of gaming.
    Asheram
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    +1 for any game with the word "Ghost" in the title. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Releasse date 6/20/2020

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I loved the Samurai in FFXI but in this type of game,hell no.Action type combat is just boring to me,might as well put a stick in my hand,it is just swing it and dodge,swing it and dodge...zzzzzzzzzzz.

Will there actually be layered game play,idk,maybe there is some good game there but the idea of a Samurai swinging a sword is not fun for me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    I loved the Samurai in FFXI but in this type of game,hell no.Action type combat is just boring to me,might as well put a stick in my hand,it is just swing it and dodge,swing it and dodge...zzzzzzzzzzz.

Will there actually be layered game play,idk,maybe there is some good game there but the idea of a Samurai swinging a sword is not fun for me.
    Why always so negative before even try stuff? Its not like they haven't made fun games in the past. If it doesn't interest you then it doesn't interest you.
    edited June 2020
    Kazuya Nakai who voiced Mugen from Samauri Champloo is the Japanese voice actor for Jin Sakai, cool. The collectors edition looks cool too.

A few clips that show what Jin will sound like. 

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Not much longer and we get to play it finally!
    Asheram
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    edited June 2020
    Arterius said:
    so close i can taste it. The same as Paper Mario too.... Dang good day
    I have my vacation week set aside for Ghost of Tsushima. Looks great.

My inner Fire Emblem fan won't let me buy Paper Mario, at least not in a way that contributes to those early sales numbers. Being from the same studio, a Paper Mario game happening represents a FE game that didn't happen.
    Post edited by Aeander on
    Pretty cool combo compilation video. There are some spoilers toward the latter part of video though.