Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'A Host of Utility Changes' Heading Out the Gate on November 28th - Star Wars: The Old Republic - MM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

image'A Host of Utility Changes' Heading Out the Gate on November 28th - Star Wars: The Old Republic - MMORPG.com

Star Wars: The Old Republic News - Earlier this fall, BioWare wrote in its roadmap about a number of utility changes coming to all Star Wars: The Old Republic classes. In a change from earlier class balance tweaks, the team has decided to "deliver all of them to you at once". In a new post on the SWTOR forums, Eric Musco reveals all of the changes coming to each class.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Ouch! Tons of nerfs across the board.
    daltanious
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Are they making the abilities easier? I played a sniper and there were about 10 more abilities than needed to be there.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    This change in precision for sentinels was much needed and way overdue. It's a welcomed one.
    Rhoklaw said:
    I'm curious what the server population is lately. I rather enjoyed Hutt Ball which had nothing to do with Star Wars. I guess implementing pod racing just didn't cross their minds while brainstorming up gimmicky game mechanics.
    I was among the crowd asking for pod racing as it would be an awesome feature in SWTOR. It won't happen though. I do not see EA allowing the resources needed for a comprehensive player v player pod racing system.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Gorwe said:

Talonsin said:

Not necessarily. I feel like they're redoing a lot of things and want to do it in a step-step way so as to avoid massive problems. About Combat, if they gave 3 stacks, sure the gameplay would change, but it'd be better imo. Concerning AoE + Stun DR...it should just be a part of the same Utility.

Apart from that, I see some tiny, but oft requested changes: Balance / Serenity DoT buff no longer being used up by allies' DoTs ; Plasma Tech getting an access to 30% AoE DR etc. And those tiny changes need to be tested live before further changes are made(so another Mercenary isn't created).

Otherwise, I like it. I especially like things I shouldn't be talking about. Trust me ;)

I have not played this one for a year but when I start reading things like this:

DevNotes: The Sniper’s defensive cooldowns were too strong, so we reduced the effectiveness of Defensive Safeguards.

DevNotes: The Mercenary’s defensive options were too good, so we reduced the effectiveness of Trauma Regulators and Kolto Surge.

DevNotes: The Gunslinger’s defensive cooldowns were too strong, so we reduced the effectiveness of Shield Reserves

Although this will look like a DPS loss, Carnage’s target DPS has always been calculated without “clipping” in mind, so this change should effectively normalize Carnage’s DPS to our target.

It screams "nerf" to me.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited October 2017
    Talonsin said:

Gorwe said:

Talonsin said:

Not necessarily. I feel like they're redoing a lot of things and want to do it in a step-step way so as to avoid massive problems. About Combat, if they gave 3 stacks, sure the gameplay would change, but it'd be better imo. Concerning AoE + Stun DR...it should just be a part of the same Utility.

Apart from that, I see some tiny, but oft requested changes: Balance / Serenity DoT buff no longer being used up by allies' DoTs ; Plasma Tech getting an access to 30% AoE DR etc. And those tiny changes need to be tested live before further changes are made(so another Mercenary isn't created).

Otherwise, I like it. I especially like things I shouldn't be talking about. Trust me ;)

Although this will look like a DPS loss, Carnage’s target DPS has always been calculated without “clipping” in mind, so this change should effectively normalize Carnage’s DPS to our target.

It screams "nerf" to me.
    Calculated is one thing real time application is another. Players with low ping, and there are quite a few, can fit one extra ability inside the precision window with zen and clipping. In a raid encounter this is a big dps gain over others. This new stack based precision will make the playground even for all.
  • MindTrickedMindTricked Member UncommonPosts: 41
    I swear, I've never seen a game constantly nerf its characters as much as SWTOR does. Almost every patch, something is getting hit with the nerf stick, and this has been going on for YEARS.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The classes needs nerfing. This is by far the most brain dead MMO I've played because it's so easy.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

The classes needs nerfing. This is by far the most brain dead MMO I've played because it's so easy.

Easy? I challenge you to show me a class in WoW with more complex rotations than sentinels or dps guardians or shadows or gunnery commandos. Cat druid is the only demanding spec in WoW in order to play it properly.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Shodanas said:

Easy? I challenge you to show me a class in WoW with more complex rotations than sentinels or dps guardians or shadows or gunnery commandos. Cat druid is the only demanding spec in WoW in order to play it properly.
    Wasn't always that way.  :'(

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    Shodanas said:

well at one time Swtor was like playing piano for some classes D: so many procs , energy management and whatnot was ugh i haven played in a while but was annoying , and i was one of those players that said , i want tons of skills , but like Eq2 there is TONS and MILLIONS lol
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Shodanas said:

So you have mastered Unholy DK, Sub Rogue, Affli Warlock, and WW Monk?  Little less difficult to master are survival hunters and Demo Warlocks.