Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7daystodie only 10 bucks on steam

DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
its 62% off right now, just thought i would share since its one of my favorite games =) 
Azaron_Nightblade

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    In early access since 2013, 4 years in december, gratz guys!
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    edited October 2017
    Albatroes said:
    yeah it has come along ways since the start. it use to look like mine craft but then they made their own engine and now it looks awesome! they have hit so many of their goals from the start up.

very active devs that post videos all the time of upcoming patch content.
    Agent_Joseph
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Decent game, but in perpetual EA.

edited October 2017
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:
    yeah it has come along ways since the start. it use to look like mine craft but then they made their own engine and now it looks awesome! they have hit so many of their goals from the start up.

Not to sound like an arse but if they were very active, wouldn't this game be released by now? What exactly is their ETA on a released state if 4 years isn't enough time?
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I have about 1000 hour in it myself, most played game I have I think. Wurm would be the only one that might be more but that was years ago before Steam so I dont know 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

Not to sound like an arse but if they were very active, wouldn't this game be released by now? What exactly is their ETA on a released state if 4 years isn't enough time?
    20 years I think.

But it really dosent matter, the game as is, is still one of the best out there, including fully released titles so NFG

Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

honestly im not sure on dates for beta and release.  Its one of those games i picked up for 10 bucks years ago and play it a ton then put it down and wait for the next big update then give it a go again because the updates are normally so huge its like playing a new game all over again with new content and such.

It is in EA so its not a " finished " game, but to me it plays like a finished game and each huge update is like a new expansion that i didnt have to pay for.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

But it really dosent matter, the game as is, is still one of the best out there, including fully released titles so NFG
    I think 2018 is the latest date.

Just so you know, due to the low price and your glowing reviews I actually bought this, despite its early access status. 

If I don't like it I figure 10 bucks is well worth the price to say "it's all your fault. "

;)
    ConstantineMerusTindale111Cecropia

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

Just so you know, due to the low price and your glowing reviews I actually bought this, despite its early access status. 

If I don't like it I figure 10 bucks is well worth the price to say "it's all your fault. "

;)
    no it would just mean you have no taste and/or can handle it.
    KyleranMadFrenchieConstantineMerusCecropia

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Honestly, it feels like a completed game. I haven't kept up with the development, but I imagine they're still calling it early access due to missing or promised features. I know they're working on NPC factions and randomized NPC settler bases, so maybe that was one of them.

I've got 168 hours logged on Steam for 7days, and paid full price (24.99) some time last year. At ten bucks, that's a steal.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

I'll keep an eye on it, but you have those h1z1 situations where they're hosting tournaments and stuff but the game is still in EA. Like...yeah, wait what?
    Albatroes said:
    I'll keep an eye on it, but you have those h1z1 situations where they're hosting tournaments and stuff but the game is still in EA. Like...yeah, wait what?
    7 days to die makes h1z1 a joke. Its light years better than h1z1 from what I have been tolld
    Kyleran

• Major69er1Major69er1 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    lol its not in EA, get a server its a MMO with updates
    anybody who buys this, i just want to point out. do a little research on the server you would like to join. they all have their own rule sets and finding one with active admins helps alot with the cheaters.
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

;)
    You a former DarkFall player Sean? 

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

;)
    yes.

and no I do not play MP on 7 days to die, I play only single player.

your welcome

SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

;)
    yes.

your welcome
    Makes sense now.
    TalonsinMadFrenchie

edited October 2017
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

;)
    yes.

your welcome
    Makes sense now.
    why did you buy the game? and are you excited about crying a river when you dont like it? good times
    KyleranpostlarvalCryomatrix

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Albatroes said:
    still in early access? the game even released as a physical version on consoles. Thats effed up.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I got it back in 2014 and have several hundred hours in it.  It was a lot of fun even back then.  For 10 bucks, it is a nice little survival game.
    Kyleran
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Albatroes said:
    still in early access? the game even released as a physical version on consoles. Thats effed up.
    which really has zero impact on if the game is fun to play or not.
    Velifax

• VelifaxVelifax Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Im 110% on board with the combat (slow and steady), the survival, and the open world. Too bad i cant stand modern day or zombies :(

Gimmie a slow paced (overall and in combat) fantasy or scifi open world survival and I'll Be Your Huckleberry.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

Eh, it's because they've expanded to consoles, rather than focusing on finishing the PC version.
    It's a good game though. Better than a lot of "live" ones, even though it's going to be in EA forever at this rate...

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Talonsin said:
    I got it back in 2014 and have several hundred hours in it.  It was a lot of fun even back then.  For 10 bucks, it is a nice little survival game.

My short review.

I played the hell out of this game back around 2015 or so.

To me it was always a working full game with no bugs.  It's an absolute great game, always has been.  Recently two others from work started over with me. 

The game has evolved much much deeper in crafting.  It used to be much easer to craft and find things around the world than it is now.

A good example ( of many ): 
    - Find a cinder block on the ground, smash it now you have a concrete block. Now you have to spend points is talents to specialize, and find parts to make a concrete mixer.  Same with everything you do.

Find guns in loot storage and drops from zombies.  Now you find only parts and on rare occasions find a full one.... Same with all ammo, this has to be crafted and in short supply.  This too you must spend points to specialize.  Same with mini bikes and augers and everything.  

So yes, the game is way deeper and much more work.  This isn't a bad thing, just hard core crafting...... Now you really really need to like crafting ! 

I think the reason it evolved this way, because the game has a very large following of servers for group play, where everyone can have individual roles, and much deeper cooperation.

This is better for groups, much more tedious for single player. Still fun just way more tedious. 

It's a game where you would play for a week and realize you should have played differently, and you WILL BE starting over with a better strategy. 
    Azaron_Nightblade
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    SEANMCAD said:I7 
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Albatroes said:
    DrunkWolf said:
    Albatroes said:

20 years I think.

;)
    yes.

your welcome
    Makes sense now.
    why did you buy the game? and are you excited about crying a river when you dont like it? good times
    Kyleran doesn't cry tears, but magma. So you better pray he likes it or it would be hell on earth!!
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung