Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Backers got a tech demo and cake

TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
And that sums up the con.
kikoodutroa8ScotchUpJamesGoblinMaxBaconMaurgrim

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    how is demo and a cake a con?
    bcbullyandredoc

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    SEANMCAD said:
    There aren't enough facepalms to sum up this comment lol
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Backers got much much more.

Read the convention thread. Watch the video as soon as they upload it on YouTube.

What @TalulaRose completely forgets to mention is all the tools they have shown. These tools will speed up the creative process by magnitudes.

Imagine you use a developer tool that looks like SimCity 1 for C64. And 4 minutes later you get a Bladerunner 1 style movie moment as you cruise through the city you just created, in high visual detail, with lots of particle effects, traffic, industry at work etc.

Have fun
    OrinoriGdemamiOdeezeeandredocXarkoMaxBacon
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Glad they stopped doing live demos.  This is much smoother.  See they're going back to quarterly updates.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Kefo said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    There aren't enough facepalms to sum up this comment lol

Yes his comment is face palm my question however is otherwise

MadFrenchie

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,765
    edited October 2017
    Erillion said:
    What @TalulaRose completely forgets to mention is all the tools they have shown. These tools will speed up the creative process by magnitudes.
    Why care to respond this, clearly wasn't meant as any contribution to any discussion, random contentless thread gg
    GdemamiOdeezee
    Glad they stopped doing live demos.  This is much smoother.  See they're going back to quarterly updates.  
    That was a live demo of the newest build.

Not Alpha 2.6.4 live (like they shown during GamesCom) , if that is what you meant.

Have fun
    OrinoriGdemamiOdeezee
    Erillion said:

Read the convention thread. Watch the video as soon as they upload it on YouTube.

Imagine you use a developer tool that looks like SimCity 1 for C64. And 4 minutes later you get a Bladerunner 1 style movie moment as you cruise through the city you just created, in high visual detail, with lots of particle effects, traffic, industry at work etc.

Have fun
    Werent you or some other fans saying the same thing last year or a few years ago?

Now that they have the tools and the pipeline then they will be able to push out content at an increased rate or something along those lines?

SlyLoKScotchUpJamesGoblinXarko
    edited October 2017
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Werent you or some other fans saying the same thing last year or a few years ago?

Now that they have the tools and the pipeline then they will be able to push out content at an increased rate or something along those lines?

'fan'?
    isn't that the point?

anyway, yes those 'fans' said that. I have to ask you, is a release every year instead of every 4 years an escalation in time or not? and when was the last update?

Gdemami

• LeoTolstoyLeoTolstoy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    SEANMCAD said:
    Can I be your friend?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    And that sums up the con.
    What kind of cake?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    SEANMCAD said:
    con = convention
    kikoodutroa8andredoc
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kefo said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

'fan'?
    isn't that the point?

anyway, yes those 'fans' said that. I have to ask you, is a release every year instead of every 4 years an escalation in time or not? and when was the last update?

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
  • justanothergamerjustanothergamer Member CommonPosts: 11
    SEANMCAD said:
    maybe, just maybe, the OP meant CONVENTION when they said that sums up the con.

Went a little bit over your head I guess.
    Odeezee
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hardcore title. Well done.

I remember back in my younger day I used to light'em up like you!
    Xarko[Deleted User]
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    edited October 2017
    Erillion said:
    That was a live demo of the newest build.

Not Alpha 2.6.4 live (like they shown during GamesCom) , if that is what you meant.

Have fun
    No it isn't. He said right before he started it was stuff they are working on for future stuff and wont be in 3.0. It was all fluff. I said nothing about 2.6.4

But that cake......

And he said nothing about 3.0. Hoping people wouldn't notice?
    Odeezee
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LOL more movies made in their studio claiming to be in game footage.

Its is absolutely amazing how great these things ALWAYS look at the conventions but when they try and put something in from 3 conventions (years) ago it wont even run.

Theyre doing what they always do...'hey look at this over here' Forget that we said 3.0 was the end all be all its out to the avocados but we arent even going to mention it. We want to show this movie instead, and tell you it gameplay footage. Just pretend this guy here pushing buttons and moving a joystick is 'playing'.
    ScotchUpMaxBaconOdeezee
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    So when is the game actually supposed to be done?

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If i was a backer i would be happy with some cake,right now i am starving and would feel like i actually got something for my money.other than a boring Hangar and some boring space to hover around in.
    Yeah i really am hungry,where is my cake,where is the $850 dollar pre cake sign up?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I was waiting when they were flying to end up having 2 then 2 more ships come in and create a V like Air force does. City's looked great yet no game. Would really love to see an actually game played instead of these demos. One day, maybe next year.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
    What people forget is that the people in the audience were able to play Alpha 3.0 on 2 dozen computers right outside in the Capitol atrium. He does not mention 3.0 because everyone there could play it during the convention. And they were able to check out themselves other innovations on another dozen computers. 

Have fun
    Gdemami
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:
    What people forget is that the people in the audience were able to play Alpha 3.0 on 2 dozen computers right outside in the Capitol atrium. He does not mention 3.0 because everyone there could play it during the convention. And they were able to check out themselves other innovations on another dozen computers. 

Have fun
    What I saw was allot of people with wtf face when he called everyone up and they all realized he isn't going to say anything about 3.0 and it was over. So many hours of boredom, did you see the bored faces of everyone there.

Everyone was watching for 3.0.

What they got was a tech demo for future stuff not even going to be in 3.0.

Remember when CR said the game is pretty much ready to go...and yet still no game play.

That was allot of money spent for fluff and blue cake.
    MaxBacon
  • ScotchUpScotchUp Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Then I have to ask, wasn't that a bad business decision? It would have brought people running to buy into the game. Everywhere I have read it's about 3.0, yet you never allow any perspective future customer to finally take the leap.

I need to go retake some business classes I guess.
    “The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
    George Carlin
  • LeoTolstoyLeoTolstoy Member UncommonPosts: 30
    SEANMCAD said:
    maybe, just maybe, the OP meant CONVENTION when they said that sums up the con.

Went a little bit over your head I guess.
    Nope. Nope. Gonna have to stop you there. Can't have you runnin' around thinkin' you got one over. 
    ScotchUp said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Then I have to ask, wasn't that a bad business decision? It would have brought people running to buy into the game. Everywhere I have read it's about 3.0, yet you never allow any perspective future customer to finally take the leap.

I need to go retake some business classes I guess.
    The days around the convention were some of the days with the most sales ever, with around 2 M$ in 2 days. Sounds like good business decisions.

Have fun