Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can whales save us from the loot box incursion?

AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,399
Interesting video I was watching today, even though I'm not really sure if 20k$ over 5 years spent on games qualifies as being a whale or not.

Interesting point was though that maybe whales do have a line that devs/publishers can cross and maybe the randomness of loot boxes is the key to at least slowing them especially if they become more linked to progression/character growth.

Also I'm curious to know what amount everyone considers to be whale level.
Gdemami

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,874
    edited October 2017
    The majority of whales support loot boxes though.  I've known whales who buy a stack of loot boxes and then give them out one by one as presents or bribes to other players, or who just open 50 in a row, or who pay top dollar for that mount or costume they want from another player's opened loot box.
    Post edited by sunandshadow on
    FrodoFragins
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member RarePosts: 2,928
    edited October 2017
    Whale Whale Whale !

Whale this is true, but I spend money in LOL, DOTA 2, and Over Watch simply because I must have that Dragon Skin from this Haloween FUS RO DAH !

For me its gotta have the awesome stuff try spending $300 in Arche Age for one costume and never getting it lol.

Going to have to drop $100 down on League to get all the super galaxy skins next...
    Post edited by Renoaku on
  • XodicXodic Member RarePosts: 902
    Someone will always be next in line to take advantage of these people. So what ever line they draw in the sand, they'll still be on the wrong side of mine.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,665
    By the time their line is drawn the damage to the genre will be irreversible.
    XodicGdemami