Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Petition for Warhammer MMO!!!!

Crcata24Crcata24 Member UncommonPosts: 15
So I literally just made this petition.  I am desperate for a new Warhammer MMO and I do not believe that I am alone in this.  WaR was not the best, but I loved it because of the world and I think a good Warhammer MMO can be done!  Unfortunately every time I look I do not see any plans to make one and I decided to just go ahead and make a petition.  I am not overly optimistic but if you are a fan of the Warhammer franchise, or even just a desperate MMO lover looking for your new addiction stop by this petition and see if we can by chance make something happen, or atleast set the ground work, or more realistically maybe just dig the whole that a seed may or may not fall into and perhaps eventually grow into something we all love! 

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/create-a-new-warhammer-fantasy-mmo

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    WaR had the same issue most games on Gamebryo had. They are difficult to update. For an mmo this would be a catastrophic design issue.
    As for another attempt. I think a strategy game makes more sense.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    First, Games Workshop aren't developers, so petitioning them is a waste of time. 

Second, Games Workshop are soulless money-grubbing bastards, so I imagine they would be more than happy to sell the rights for a new Warhammer MMO to anyone willing to hand over the cash. 

Third, EA were behind WAR, so here is a chance that EA may have the MMO license tied up already, preventing anyone else from using the IP. I hope that's not the case, but wouldn't be surprised if it is.
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    I want one but MMOs these days are like Period movies for hollywood. They require a lot of investment and the payout is slim.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    It's a shame that WAR came too early.   They could have had a Cash Shop Laden, DLC, Expansion fest like all EA games will be, just like the physical game.
    Gorwe

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."