Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ship - Introductory Price of $850

1171819202123»

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited November 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    It's possible ships will be coded to automatically explode upon engine start.

I mean, it's probably not going to happen, but it's possible!
    It's also possible that Chris Roberts could send every backer $5000.  
    It's also possible that Chris Roberts will remove ships from the game and convert it to a minecraft type voxel based game.
    It's also possible that they will announce a new monetization concept where they pay players to play their game.

All I am saying is that these things are POSSIBLE guys!
    It's possible the Shadow Monster will escape the Upside Down.

SPOILER ALERT #StrangerThingsSeasonDeux
    It's possible that the Shadow Monster is actually E.T.
    your equating the possiblity of rentable ships to the possiblity of shadow monster?

telling your audience that buying a ship doesnt give you an advantage doesnt generate you extra income from possible donators., you dont 'trick' them by then making it P2W in any way that is an advantage to you as a developer.

However, I am not convinced CR does things that make sense but it appears you are suggesting he does
    Not at all.   I am merely suggesting that it is POSSIBLE that the Shadow Monster is actually E.T.

Now that I think about it.. it's possible that Chris Roberts is actually an alien clone and that the real Chris Roberts has been taken up to space where it was revealed that there really is a Roberts Space Industries which was created in his honor about 15 years ago after the aliens played Wing Commander.

It's unlikely I admit... but it IS POSSIBLE!

very true and I am glad you are on the same page as me now.

So now how about 'likely'?

what advantage does CR have in making the game P2W given that (i assume) once the game is released you cant buy ships with real money.

my hunch is that its likely that it will be a rent framework that makes the in game ships fairly worthless to have. Now to be fair, I say that because it makes sense to do that for multple reasons but I dont know if CR does things to make sense. I just dont know the game or the developer that well

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kefo said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kefo said:

so you think the example I gave as a possible mission is absurd and that you have never had a mission remotely similar to that detail. I dont believe you. my desire is for you to stop replying to me, its my request. clearly I cant make you but i would perfer you did not
    Good thing this is a open forum. The example is absurd. It might work in other games but in SC I don't see it flying cause CIG are greedy bastards lol
    wow....that is your answer....wow

ok well I think that view is absurd. Not that they are greedy bastards but that somehow they are different greedy bastards then all other developers and that is the reason this specific mission could not work in this game but can work in other games created by greedy bastards and is absurd to think that it would.

I think that line of logic is absurd.

take care

We aren't talking about other games, we are talking about star citizen. While all of us are over here talking about point A you are trying to talk about point 53 which is why just about everyone on both sides of the line are telling you you are wrong
    whenever someone says 'cant talk about any other games' I know the conversation is over and they lost. unacceptable,I dont really need to talk about other games to make my point valid but I have no intrest in engaging with that stupid 'rule' havent I already said I am kinda done with you anyway?

so expect me to read no more than about 4 words of each of your reply, waste all the time you like
    I'm not sure how you can agree with me and not agree with me in the same sentence. 

Also notice how i said we aren't talking about other games, which is very different from saying we can't talk about other games. 

So no sorry you didn't win but you can continue to tell yourself you did if it makes you feel better.