Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ACE Q&A Covers 'Action Harvesting' for the Action-Oriented - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageACE Q&A Covers 'Action Harvesting' for the Action-Oriented - Crowfall Videos - MMORPG.com

The latest ACE Q&A has arrived, this time packed with new information updating the Crowfall Harvesting System as revealed last month. Thomas Blair and Mark Halash discuss how retooling has made it "a more interactive, less humdrum activity".

Read the full story here

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    People liked this Fortnite-like harvesting so much that they're already asking for sweetspots/soft points also implemented in PvP, on NPCs and even on the keep walls!? It seems that, at least, Trees of Life (fort/keep defenders) will have them.

PS note that this was live Q&A, the "standard" one is yet to come; and PPS, for what it's worth there's going to be a combat test tonight (Oct 17, 9 pm - 11 pm CDT, Singapore server), testing some latency PvP.
     W...aaagh?
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Impressed how quickly Crowfall is taking shape, then you got Mark Jacobs over there on Camelot Unchained about to delay Beta 1 for the 3rd time in 2 years.

Alomarsamurai225JamesGoblinJGGCondeMikehaShaigh
  • knightsbayneknightsbayne Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I wasn't impressed with the Sept live Q&A when they said Action Harvesting and mentioned harvesting was going from the F interact button to Right Mouse Button targeting of nodes. I didn't think it was a big difference. Seeing this as the fruit of that change is pretty cool. I wasn't expecting something so different. It looks fun, and for how much the game with revolve around the resource gathering and crafting mechanics, it better well be fun. Looks good so far.
    djnj2000JamesGoblin
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Crowfall looks promising.

We need a real pvp mmo.
    JamesGoblinLaviota
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I really can't wait for this. I'm hoping this one blows up once it's out. I can see streamers loving it.
    JamesGoblin

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299

Syphin_B said:

Impressed how quickly Crowfall is taking shape, then you got Mark Jacobs over there on Camelot Unchained about to delay Beta 1 for the 3rd time in 2 years.

Amazing what you can do when you don't build your own engine eh? Meanwhile, Crowfall may be closer to a playable Beta, but has yet to prove they can handle RvR types of numbers on their servers. CU has proven they can have over 1500 already and continue to improve that.
    JamesGoblin
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red