Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 3?

WizGamerWizGamer Member UncommonPosts: 402

NC Soft is licensing the Unreal 3 Engine which is new and is speculated to begin working on Lineage 3 for Korea but personally I find this ridiculous as the game has top of the line graphics and only came out last year...but heres a link.

http://lineage.warcry.com/

btw there is a Harry Potter warcry cool!!!

Comments

• KnightblastKnightblast Member Posts: 1,798

Well in terms of graphic engines EQ2 is the more advanced of the two. Lineage II has much better *artwork*, in my opinion, than EQ2 does, and that makes it very graphically pleasing. But if you look at the character movements and the like, you'll see that EQ2's engine, per se, is more advanced than Lineage II's, so it makes sense that NC Soft would be working on a more advanced engine.

To me, Lineage II's artwork makes the game very stunning graphically. If EQ2 had nearly the same level of quality in its own artwork, it would win the graphics competition hands-down, but since it has less impressive artwork, but a better engine, I'd have to say it's a toss-up.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I'm glad to see MMO companies utilizing existing engine technologies to work on their projects. If they feel they can do something better for the game by going to UE3, cool -- however, it better be a new game and not just a rehash of the existing game in a new engine. If it was a simple engine upgrade and calling it L3, that would slightly annoy.

/shrug

I'm sure they'll be able to explain when the time comes.

so...