Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elysium 'Private Server' Shuts Down Temporarily Due to Financial Shenanigans - World of Warcraft - M

123457»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Scorchien said:
    The proof is in there action alone as they have shut down several sued for 88 mill and won another  ,C&D to many ... That proof that they care, i dont need to provide anymore , they are pretty active in this .. Wheres your proof they Dont care other than your opinion ...

And as an Investor with Blizz for over 15 years and have discussions with them and other investors , I can tell you it is a topic every year ..

I also know they care enough to actually  send people to these Private servers and gather all the info they can , For use in legal matters .
    Yea, they sued Scapegaming for making a profit in 2009.  And other than Nost, I don't see a whole lot of other evidence of a pattern of C&D letters, save for here (ironically, ALSO from 2009):

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20090520/0207464943.shtml

Where Blizzard sent C&D letters to the likes of friggin fan sites and free WoW-related iPhone apps.

So I ask again, where's the clear evidence of consistent (much less persistent) effort?
    Gdemami

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    The proof is in there action alone as they have shut down several sued for 88 mill and won another  ,C&D to many ... That proof that they care, i dont need to provide anymore , they are pretty active in this .. Wheres your proof they Dont care other than your opinion ...

And as an Investor with Blizz for over 15 years and have discussions with them and other investors , I can tell you it is a topic every year ..

I also know they care enough to actually  send people to these Private servers and gather all the info they can , For use in legal matters .
    Yea, they sued Scapegaming for making a profit in 2009.  And other than Nost, I don't see a whole lot of other evidence of a pattern of C&D letters, save for here (ironically, ALSO from 2009):

Where Blizzard sent C&D letters to the likes of friggin fan sites and free WoW-related iPhone apps.

So I ask again, where's the clear evidence of consistent (much less persistent) effort?
    lmao ..  yes .. you dont see it ..

all you have is yopur opinion i showed you them as of last year active .. .. What ya want aletter from them everyday ..

You dont see it .. get a grip on your self ..

Of course you dont ...

But it is something they work on all the time ...
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

lmao ..  yes .. you dont see it ..

all you have is yopur opinion i showed you them as of last year active .. .. What ya want aletter from them everyday ..

You dont see it .. get a grip on your self ..

Of course you dont ...

But it is something they work on all the time ...
    I'm not the only one:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vg247.com/2017/07/25/world-of-warcraft-legacy-server-shut-down-by-cease-and-desist-letter-just-5-hours-after-launch/amp/

And I quote: "But it’s yet another example of the outwardly strange and inconsistent nature of Blizzard’s policies on the matter: while Flemyst and Nostalrius were shut down, other private legacy servers such as Gummy52’s previous project Scriptcraft have been allowed to flourish."
    ScorchienGdemami

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Its not easy but they work on it constantly , thru there Business dept .. which curretly is hiring 30 people , in part to the legal dept
    MadFrenchie