Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's say you'd have to choose a city or village to call home in ESO's Tamriel... Where would it be?

Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember LegendaryPosts: 7,783
edited October 2017 in Elder Scrolls Online
I think I would settle in Shornhelm (Rivenspire)
I love the architecture, it's a human sized city with all commodities close together and in a great area.
The lore around there is very nice too.

What would be your choice?
"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Post edited by Jean-Luc_Picard on

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 19,698
    Id sit at John Cleeses campfire right outside the old beginning prison area and laugh at the noobs.
    Sovrathd_20ScotpantaroJean-Luc_Picard
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 8,305
    Bangkorai, loved the lore. Journeyed there with a lot of low level characters to get a jump on leveling Vamp and WW when the game first launched.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ghostfaeriesghostfaeries the Land of OooMember UncommonPosts: 89
    I liked the Grahtwood quest line. That is why I chose the Snugpod housing. <3 The nature aspect is my favorite.
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 12,006
    I liked the Grahtwood quest line. That is why I chose the Snugpod housing. <3 The nature aspect is my favorite.
    I also chose Snugpod as my main home. But I did it simply because it's dirt cheap and convenient to all amenities - including being a few steps away from an outlaw refuge. If I get too much heat on me I just TP to my home for free and then go in there to take care of it :)

If I ever do get into housing and decorating (unlikely with the current housing system) I'll probably buy Hunding's Palatial Estate in Stros M'Kai... I like the beachfront.
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember LegendaryPosts: 7,738
    I haven't played in a while. But.....  The Imperial Palace in the Imperial City?? :D 
    Jean-Luc_Picard

• SaunZSaunZ Las Vegas, NVMember UncommonPosts: 448
    Davon's Watch... my first big city and I can't stand change
  • BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Craglorn
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,085
    Kinda liked gold coast.
    d_20
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 25,701
    If I can get my new character to a significant level above 50 I'll get one of the larger houses or perhaps Ebonheart Manor.

Because that's how I roll.
    TorvalJean-Luc_Picard

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember EpicPosts: 5,513
    edited November 2017
    Look next to my name. You have an army of honor bound people doing practically everything for you. They're so reliable. People like Sten or Worf. <3
    Post edited by Gorwe on
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember EpicPosts: 5,513
    Also, let me ask you this: Whom can you trust if you can't trust a Redoran? It's the safest place on Tamriel! Ok...maybe Blacklight would be good too.
  • d_20d_20 SeoulMember RarePosts: 1,878
    I like Anvil. But I don't think they have much surf there. Maybe Stros M'kai?

What place in Tamriel has the best weather and surf?

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 2,982
    edited November 2017
    I like the Mansion the Ebonheart one, although the problem with ESO is there isn't much you can do for paying like $200 for one you can't farm, grow your own reagents/food, or even buy stuff directly from the cash shop to put in it that offers benefits, buffs, or storage for that matter.

If I had to choose a city it would be something that looks Elven.
    Post edited by Renoaku on
    Sovrath
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember LegendaryPosts: 7,783
    Housing wise, I now own the big Nord manor in eastern craglorn.

MrMelGibsonSovrath
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson USAMember EpicPosts: 2,934
    I'd say Riften.  My chances of becoming a Vampire or Werewolf would be greatly increased.
  • LuxumaruLuxumaru New York, NYMember UncommonPosts: 256
    Alinor. No Contest.

Total MMOs played: 274|Enjoyed: 9. >:|

• centkincentkin Asbury, NJMember UncommonPosts: 1,375
    Elsweyr -- I mean you wouldn't have any of the creature comforts we are used to anywhere in Tamriel, but at least living among the Khajit would be interesting.