Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought using microsoft was bad, GW proved me wrong.

EqvaliserEqvaliser Member Posts: 74

Well its fun to try for an hour, after 2 hours youre lvl 15. darn what now.

ok lets ve constructive here

Game is

• Kids only (atleast not intended 18+)
  • Good for firsttimers online
  • Simple
  • Simple skill system
  • Simple Trade skill system.
  • Simple combat system
  • General to simple.

Well thats my oppionion.
Im the kind of guy that likes loads and loads of options, and possibilities.
And i want them all the time. (is it just me or is there something wrong with a headbanging knight)

Conclusion, i tryed it.

Good for kids and newcomers to the community of
character, skills, trade, communities, but is it really wont
it just mess up peoples idea how it should be, and always
have been.

Either there is still hobe, perhaps they will exspand the system. (doubt it though)

And ofcourse we dont all have share the same opinion. lucky for GW.

------
Playing MMO's since my first which was Ultima online, then Anarchy online. and so on.. ;)
Now a days im very critical before i ewen bother downloading a Free to play mmo.

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

i dont like Guildwars. The PVE aspect of this game is only there to improve the PVP aspect and it shows. The PVE is boring and bland. The PvP gets old fast. Its no wonder there is no monthly fee...its not worth one.

you get what you pay for.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by Eqvaliser

You got to level 15 in two hours huh? Sorry to call you out but you're lying.

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Eqvaliser

That one sentence, right there, tells you that this guy is full of sh*t and has never played the game.
  • Hmmp 2 hours and ur 15 lvl?? You must be one of those super rushers out there. I for one who played the ghey storyline (its nice first time ghey after) 3 times over few hundred hours yet to figure how to do it. Maybe you should try playing it at least 10+ hours before commenting on the games quality.

• JyhadJyhad Member Posts: 95

I don't know why people have such a huge problem with this game. It it because it is compaired to WoW so much, or some thing else. Man I spent 5 hours in pre searing just because it was so beautiful. When I left to go post I was level 8.

Which FF Character Are You?

Currently Playing: WoW, Guild Wars, DDO
    Have Played: FFXI, EVE, CoH/CoV, Linage2, LotRO: Alpha - Open Beta
    Awaiting: WAR, WAR40K
    NON-MMO Playing: Jade Empire

• adoulouadoulou Member UncommonPosts: 25

and again... a WoW's player... bored by his game...

so stupid.... what he says... it's like : well... I played WoW 10 minutes... I reached lvl 60...

now I've nothing to do... this game is too simple...

the only point of this kind of comment is : I want WoW to be the highest ranked game in mmorpg.com...

so childish...

• zeboathzeboath Member Posts: 396

Originally posted by Jyhad
    I don't know why people have such a huge problem with this game. It it because it is compaired to WoW so much, or some thing else. Man I spent 5 hours in pre searing just because it was so beautiful. When I left to go post I was level 8.
    Finally somebody who plays WoW without the urge to flame GW. Thank you. Your probably the WoW player to lay a non-flaming comment on these boards.

Look I've played for about 30-40 hours. I played over 12 hours the first day. I'm only level 15. So no. You're lying. Which also tells from other parts of your post. Learning combat is simple, mastering is a whole different matter.

You tried to make a "nice" GW-sucks posts, but we see through you. Troll.

--------------------------------------------

• _myko_myko Member Posts: 333

There is nothing wrong with accessable gameplay. Being simple to play, hard to master is a good thing IMO. Level is irrelevant, like it should be. GW doesn't need a complicated trade system - as 'uber' weapons don't exist and there aren't really any player crafted items. GW is combat centric, and advertises itself as such - it's not about being level 999, having uber armour, having 999999 gold, being able to 'own' noobs or levelling.

---sig---

PvE in general is pretty lame, if you think long and hard about it. You are spending your time beating a severely gimped AI that would lose to a well trained monkey. Best not to think too long and hard why you are wasting time playing games in general actually...

• JyhadJyhad Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by zeboath
    Finally somebody who plays WoW without the urge to flame GW. Thank you. Your probably the WoW player to lay a non-flaming comment on these boards.

Hey I just love a great game. WoW and Guild Wars are at the top of my list.

Which FF Character Are You?

Currently Playing: WoW, Guild Wars, DDO
    Have Played: FFXI, EVE, CoH/CoV, Linage2, LotRO: Alpha - Open Beta
    Awaiting: WAR, WAR40K
    NON-MMO Playing: Jade Empire

• _Unicron__Unicron_ Member Posts: 30

My oh my you're so wrong about "Simple" skills

Once you really get into the skills/PVP theres a ton of strategy involved in playing a good Charcter with choice of proper skills,

If you bring in certain skills you might cancel out one style of class but that other class would work you!...Very balanced game and something to be experienced

• uyiskuyisk Member Posts: 4

Some people think, rofl lvl 20 is highest n1. but its just a good thing, after lvl 20 its all skill related.

• straszakstraszak Member Posts: 1

I'm 25 years old and I really like GW... but i play much longer and don't have lvl15 ::::07::.... lol

• traldantraldan Member Posts: 8

I played a lot during beta, and loved it. Now that the game is out in full release, I was hoping for more content - WRONG. Although there is some high quality content, in the form of storyline, present, the content is lacking in quantity, and much of the game just gets boring quickly. Now, before the flames start, hear me out. I played a lot. I had 2 level 20 toons in beta, and played my post-beta toon to level 13 or so. I had several PvP toons, participated frequently and regularly in Tombs, as well as GvG. I really enjoyed it, but I found it to get boring and repetitive.

In other words, its a great game for people unsure about MMOs, who want an easy, cheap introduction. The soundtrack is gorgeous, and the graphics are simple but nice.

It's not my type of game, but it appeals to some people, and it's decent. It's not 'horrible' nor is it 'amazing', IMHO.

• ::blank::::blank:: Member Posts: 154

Okay.. its IMPOSSIBLE to get to 15 in 2 hours..i dont care how good you are.. if you can do it.. i want to see a video of you doing it cause...thatd be very very impressive.

This game is not too simple anyone who says that would get owned in any pvp setting.. If the game is too simple its cause youre thinking too simple. The amount of stradegy that it takes to make a good char can actually be overwelming at first. There are alot of good players out there that have awesome builds and you have to find a build that is better..its not an easy task to do.

The PvE in the game is fun the first few times..but as in any game..it does get old, thats why you unlock the stuff you need and make a pvp char for new charecters..or just play old pve chars in the arena.. the game hasnt got old in the 200+ hours i have put into it in the 30 days i have had it..

Fun game and it will only get better...

as far as the content comments... i thought that at first..but theres alot more in this game once you become ascended.. alot of extra stuff to do...alot of fun.. and until you can buy all sets of 15k armor..theres always SOMETHING to do...

• kleangkleang Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Kids only (atleast not intended 18+)

- I'm 39

Good for firsttimers online

- Play 20+ online game since 2001,  spend almost 10000 hours,  including WoW, Ln2

Simple
    Simple skill system
    Simple Trade skill system.
    Simple combat system
    General to simple

- Do you think combo of 500+ skills is simple skill system?

I think guildwars is new generation from the old style MMORPG.  It's combine offline game to online game, get rid of all grind.   If you play MMORPG long enough, you just boring with those level grind, running grind, trading grind, etc,...   

Conclusion, if you can't understand what's the strong point and different point of Gw compare to the other general MMORPG, better don't think you are pro. in online game world.  image

• Nite-ElvezNite-Elvez Member Posts: 7

Its amazing to see ppl comment on a game that they have only played a couple of hours in. Why don't u try playing a month of it and actually see the full content of the game. I myself LOVE this game, I run a guild and try to take care of it, we are in the 100 range rank. The PvP system is amazing, you complain about you can only bring 8 skills?? thats what makes this game soo challenging. With 2 character combinations over 100 skills to choose from and only 8 that u can take to make you better than the other guy your trying to kill, you call that simple??.... Trying to organize a 8 man team with the proper skills in your skill bar so you can whooop ass and kill every other team that stands in your way is hard.

I do admit that the PvE section does get old and boring, but so does other MMORPG out there.
    I also hate the ppl that say the comunity is bad, not at all. So you see a few 11 year old playing here and there, so does other games. Plus once your in a Guild it makes you feel like you belong somewhere special. And if your in a guild that is in the Tombs alot then you get to know other guilds.
    Also everyone talks like this game will have no expansion.....

Over all this game is Great, PvP Action is amazing and require SKILL to actually be good, Comunity is great once u get in a nice guild. Worth my 50$ since there is no monthly fee. A recomend buy and ejoy it for more than a couple of hours b4 you comment on it