Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Alpha 3.0 out to Evocati player testers

Comments

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    It all takes too long. There is not even a beginning of the end of even alpha in sight for this game.

While I visit the Star Citizen forums as some kind of curious tourist now and then, I just can't understand how someone can stay so (what seems like) obsessed with the development of this game for years.

All these tiny news blurbs about, a tiny mechanics change, a new art asset has been added, look a new texture!, oh a ship! (nr. 23767), this model can move its arms now!, are so pointless atm, because who knows how many years this game is from release.

Well, I say pointless. But that is from my point of view ofc. As I am more interested in games that I can play soon. But for CIG the obvious point will always be about raising more money by showing charming shiny graphics and teasers of concepts.

laxieScotchUp
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751

Well, I say pointless. But that is from my point of view ofc. As I am more interested in games that I can play soon. But for CIG the obvious point will always be about raising more money by showing charming shiny graphics and teasers of concepts.

That's one of the down sides to this type of development for sure.
    Gdemamikikoodutroa8
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    rodarin said:
    Gdemami said:
    Herase said:
    Can you sit there and honestly say the majority who've posted negatively added some substance to this thread, moving the discussion forward?

You are hilarious.

Whenever someone brings up anything that actually challenges your "what you actually know" (which is precisely nothing), you immediately disregard it as hating and game bashing and you complain they are not moving the discussion "forward"?!

While I do agree that certain people try too hard, the thing is, in case of SC, majority of "negativity" is well justified and founded while all the "positivity" is just blind faith.
    Eerily silent the past 12 or so hours as more and more 'leaks' come out. I can only assume the blind faithful are getting some reality checks as what this version is like, what it has and how its playing.

Like I said yesterday from what I have seen they should have just released what hey had a month ago, but then again this might be the first time they have had it close to 'stable' and thus was the absolute earliest they could give it to anyone.

You can see the videos and comments from the youtubers and twitch guys who are basically getting paid to be SC shills, even theyre having a hard time getting excited or promoting it. That does say that at least they have enough ethics to not lie straight to their followers faces. But since the ones I have watched (maybe half a dozen) none of them are having an orgasm, then everything else I have read and heard is more than likely true.
    You are going to have to post the links and risk a ban - these leakers, Youtubers, twitchers you refer to are not doing enough to get their message out on Google / Twitch search - maybe CSI has paid Google off? (Amazon is in bed with CSI so I assume that is Twitch dealt with)

I found the process they went through prior to releasing to Evocati - that was in the AI turret video they released. As you intimated it seems yesterday was indeed the first time they felt that it was sufficiently "stable". 
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Orinori said:

That's one of the down sides to this type of development for sure.
    I honestly wish I wrote that one. I still have a lot to learn.
    Gdemami
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    @Talonsin @hfztt @gir243 @kikoodutroa8 hey guys, It seems you have missed me dearly that you've imagined things. Sorry, you got that one wrong, never had to, never will, and no worries I'm here.

@rodarin not surprisingly, that witch hunt is just one more of your theories you got wrong, I'd appreciate if you would refrain from insults such as "children mentality" of when I read this thread earlier. (Disclaimer: just defending myself of what was being implied here, not meant as baiting or anything else beyond put an end and move on.)

I have actually been playing Alpha 3.0, what a great timing huh? :wink: 

Well, for a thread about Alpha 3.0 in Evocati sure all discussion has nothing to do with it, the 3.0 build was already patched the day after its release: https://pastebin.com/kN3dhYrq

The first builds are the heavily problematic ones, but this is getting patched daily now, stuff disabled, stuff enabled, stuff fixed, it's very localized.

As for the "more and more leaks that come out", unless, by leaks you mean DS's twitter rampage, there was only a first of 6 prints taken by a Goon that most certainly already got kicked out of the group because this contract NDA is being tracked smartly:

The Delta patcher is making things hugely easier, without the need to download +20GB each time, it makes it so much faster, especially with the builds being updated pretty much daily.

As for that discussion in features, and what @Herase also stated, what is in the patch notes is in, the thing about Evocati is that the focus is on X and Y so as they continue to release patches over it, they will fix up/enable more features, this is a normal process. It was the same with 2.6 when Star Marine wasn't in the first builds and they were focusing on AC first.

Will go back to check in later today, though more likely new updates only tomorrow.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    rpmcmurphyGdemami
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    MaxBacon said:
    @Talonsin @hfztt @gir243 @kikoodutroa8 hey guys, It seems you have missed me so dearly you've been imagining things. Worry not, I'm here.

@rodarin not surprisingly, that witch hunt is just one more of your theories you got wrong, with an insult on the mix, sigh. @Orinori would you mind?

I am Spartacus.

MaxBacon said:
    I have actually been playing Alpha 3.0, what a great timing huh? :wink:
    I'm guessing that wink is meant to signify a not really wink? Because evocati aren't meant to even say they're evocati.

MaxBacon said:

Funny how CIG suddenly care about watermarks now that it suits them eh? :)

MaxBacon
    edited October 2017

I am Spartacus.

I'm guessing that wink is meant to signify a not really wink? Because evocati aren't meant to even say they're evocati.

1) You can very well be Spartacus, because such accusation was, is, and will continue being wrong. Reminds me on FD that after months of not being there someone told me DS was there accusing accs of being my alts, so first and last time I login, quote him on that, and sudden backtracking with "JK!", oh well.

2) Evocati can say they are evocati, see BoredGamer does it all the time. 

3) If you sign a contractual NDA then the in-game tracking in the game should be there, otherwise, it defeats its point. The NDA is also understandable in the context of SC Drama, just see the weaponization of SM not being on the first builds (as testing was localized on AC first) of the 2.6 ETF, if some people weren't so quick on attacking the game they would be willing to expose the first builds more (just like in 2.0).
    Gdemamirpmcmurphy
    MaxBacon said:
    1) You can very well be Spartacus, because such accusation was, is, and will continue being wrong. Reminds me on FD that after months of not being there someone told me DS was there accusing accs of being my alts, so first and last time I login, quote him on that, and sudden backtracking with "JK!", oh well.

Well unfortunately people only have your word on it. Probably is nothing but it sure looks a bit coincidental.

MaxBacon said:

2) Evocati can say they are evocati, see BoredGamer does it all the time.
    The subreddit guys are quite certain that you're not allowed to confirm whether you're evocati or not. I don't follow BG but I've never seen anyone say he's evocati or posted a snippet where he says he is, and besides, you've never mentioned it before so...

MaxBacon said:

3) If you sign a contractual NDA then the in-game tracking in the game should be there, otherwise, it defeats its point. The NDA is also understandable in the context of SC Drama, just see the weaponization of SM not being on the first builds (as testing was localized on AC first) of the 2.6 ETF, if some people weren't so quick on attacking the game they would be willing to expose the first builds more (just like in 2.0).

Yes Max no shit. It was a tongue-in-cheek poke at them where they have used other people's artwork with watermarks. Sigh.

Excessionsgel
    Well unfortunately people only have your word on it. Probably is nothing but it sure looks a bit coincidental.

The subreddit guys are quite certain that you're not allowed to confirm whether you're evocati or not. I don't follow BG but I've never seen anyone say he's evocati or posted a snippet where he says he is, and besides, you've never mentioned it before so...
    Hmm, you do you realize that only from those I noticed, 4 accounts were suspended that day? If alt is even the case here. And you can (BG is the most known one I'd say), most do remain quiet about it though, but they're more relaxed about it than what people seem to think it's more targetted at plain leaks.
    rpmcmurphy
    MaxBacon said:

Hmm, you do you realize that only from those I noticed, 4 accounts were suspended that day? If alt is even the case here. And you can (BG is the most known one I'd say), most do remain quiet about it though, but they're more relaxed about it than what people seem to think it's more targetted at plain leaks.
    I hadn't seen that they had been suspended, there's every possibilty they are wrong but it does look coincidental, that is all I'm saying. I couldn't care less otherwise.

Interesting, thanks for that link, it's good to clear up some of the misconceptions that get passed around. I hope BG is having a good time.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Never heard that Evocati are not allowed to say they are Evocati.

They are not allowed to leak information because of the NDA.

Great that the watermark is working in weeding out the idiots.

Have fun
    edited October 2017
    I hadn't seen that they had been suspended, there's every possibilty they are wrong but it does look coincidental, that is all I'm saying. I couldn't care less otherwise.

Interesting, thanks for that link, it's good to clear up some of the misconceptions that get passed around. I hope BG is having a good time.
    Only because it happened literally at the same time. But yeah there are misconceptions, some get jealous of ETF members like they are just getting some headstart when they are going through issue after issue, but on the bright side is that once the build hits the PTU, while buggy, the worse of it is already gone.
    rpmcmurphy
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Hi max, good to have you back.
    Let me introduce you to your new best friend, Orinori. I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time discussing the evolution fo the flight model since 2.6.
    edited October 2017
    Hi max, good to have you back.
    Let me introduce you to your new best friend, Orinori. I'm sure you guys are going to have a great time discussing the evolution fo the flight model since 2.6.
    I don't think there are any changes to the flight model characteristics yet for 3.0 (although there is a new flight response to being in atmosphere), I am just hoping they make some changes during 3.0. I am sure max could at least provide an opinion for  2.6 :)
    Post edited by Orinori on

Funny to watch how  the Goons are hectically deleting leaked 3.0 screenshots left, right and center to avoid having more of their spies in the Evocati exposed via watermarks. Too little too late ;-)

Good times, good times. :-D

First feedback from friends in the Evocati .... a great build, still quite buggy ... but thats the point of Evocati playtesting. A LOT more to do, A LOT more to see. Testing is quite structured and focussed.

Have fun

Gdemami
    Erillion said:

Funny to watch how  the Goons are hectically deleting leaked 3.0 screenshots left, right and center to avoid having more of their spies in the Evocati exposed via watermarks. Too little too late ;-)

Good times, good times. :-D

Is that what's going on? I haven't been following any recent drama.

Erillion said:
    First feedback from friends in the Evocati .... a great build, still quite buggy ... but thats the point of Evocati playtesting. A LOT more to do, A LOT more to see. Testing is quite structured and focussed.

Have fun

Yeah, structured and focused testing definitely makes for a better product. All too often you see lots of haphazard testing which never has the same results.

Around that yes. I heard it as well, Derek and goons where directly having a go at CIG threatening they would leak the entire 3.0 build the moment it was released to Evocati. So they added the in-game tracking.
    gervaise1
    edited October 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Around that yes. I heard it as well, Derek and goons where directly having a go at CIG threatening they would leak the entire 3.0 build the moment it was released to Evocati. So they added the in-game tracking.
    And they proudly posted leaked in game screenshots, via Smarty twitter and SA forums ... which they are now trying to take down before someone from CIG sees it  ... but its too late, because the pictures have been saved and forwarded for a little spanking. Several Evocati accounts have been suspended already, with more to follow. The sheer indignation that someone dares to spy on the spies. Its glorious to watch .. from both sides ;-)

Have fun
    edited October 2017
    Funny stuff. I saw a few screenshots in a subreddit and they were also put in the SC thread at the Frontier forums but that's all I've seen so far.

I think the evocati thing is a bit dumb tbh, actually in some ways it's ok but making a big deal of it and then not letting people see anything is dumb.
    Post edited by rpmcmurphy on

I think the evocati thing is a bit dumb tbh, actually in some ways it's ok but making a big deal of it and then not letting people see anything is dumb.
    As long as it does not drag on for a month or so I think it's not a big deal.
    >>> not letting people see anything >>>

But all the backers WILL see all of Alpha 3.0 after a short while, with MUCH less bugs and much more enjoyable.

To me it makes sense to test with ever larger numbers, using first the in house QA, then the most dedicated testers that REALLY send in test reports and then the other backers in waves, that get progressively larger for server load testing and finding those errors that occur only rarely.

Have fun
    Orinori
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Erillion said:

But all the backers WILL see all of Alpha 3.0 after a short while, with MUCH less bugs and much more enjoyable.

To me it makes sense to test with ever larger numbers, using first the in house QA, then the most dedicated testers that REALLY send in test reports and then the other backers in waves, that get progressively larger for server load testing and finding those errors that occur only rarely.

Have fun

I'm really sorry Erillion I miss understood, that all the concept sales and backers where to help make a game but alas, letting a few players test and help get the game ready for sometime after 2020 is a really good idea. CIG keep up the great work !
    ScotchUp
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Guys just let me know when we have access to 3.0. I don't care about evocati as it not accessible to the average human backer or not.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Elsabolts said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun

I'm really sorry Erillion I miss understood, that all the concept sales and backers where to help make a game but alas, letting a few players test and help get the game ready for sometime after 2020 is a really good idea. CIG keep up the great work !
    You seem to forget that all the other backers have several months time to test the Alpha 3.0 and send in bug reports after the PTU Alpha 3.0 build is open to all.

Player testing and bug hunting does not end with the Evocati. The Evocati testing is just a start !
    Everyone that wants can help make SC better.

Everyone else that does NOT want a buggy Alpha build, can wait until later ... after most bugs have been patched out. Or wait until the game launches, with (almost) no bugs.

Have fun 
    Gdemami
    edited October 2017
    Asm0deus said:
    Guys just let me know when we have access to 3.0. I don't care about evocati as it not accessible to the average human backer or not.
    Rest assured it will be announced here when 3.0 is open for all backers.

And then most likely we will again see free fly weekends for all those interested who are not yet backers and want to try it out for free.

Have fun